Trapped with multiple gang members...

This is a discussion on Trapped with multiple gang members... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Remember if you have to fight, try to take out the leader of the pack. When he goes down they should lose some of their ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Trapped with multiple gang members...

Remember if you have to fight, try to take out the leader of the pack. When he goes down they should lose some of their cohesion and direction. As said use the OODA loop and if fight do so with everything you have and a cool head, making shots count.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    HotGuns, is it sad that when you said win at all costs, charlie sheen popped into my head looking at me funny saying winning, duh!
    I'm really not sure as to what you mean in your statement Chris...Soooooo, with that being said, let me just say I fully agree with and support Hot Guns when he says "Win at all costs"...NEVER GIVE UP...We are all going to die sometime. We can't stop it from happening...However, I can have some control over how it happens and when it happens. Knowing this fact is what separates some of us from the rest of the population. So in the scenario that is presented, the scales are already tipped in the favor of the BG and their choice to rob and attack folks on the same train car as myself. Who is to say that I won't be their next victim? I'm definitely in fear of my life and the lives of those other innocents around me. Therefore I will choose to fight back and I will do any and everything I can to prevail. Folks, you can't expect a hostile person or persons (gang) to show mercy or compassion. Survivors assess the situation, decide what do do, and then act! You can't be indecisive. It's a mindset that has to be decided upon BEFORE the bad situation happens and you have to make those tough decisions ahead of time and train for how you will act. JMO
    HotGuns and Guantes like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    hope u have some glock 30 round mags...
    CLIPS GLOCK HI CAP KILLING CLIPS (the ones favored by drug cartels)

VIP Member
    Threads like this are always interesting as we can formulate our desired intentions without the psychological stress of the event itself. For me, I’m not going up against 20 when my round count is markedly below that. Conversely, my emotions may cancel out that logic if I were actually involved.
    bunker likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    If I were being attacked, or if I had reason to believe that the person/people being attacked wouldn't survive, I would open fire. I won't stand by and let an innocent person be beaten to death in front of me. As it has been said earlier in this thread; I don't want to hasten my passing, but I am not scared of it either. Admittedly, I'm only 23 years old. But, if I can stand by and let something like that happen, I don't need to have very many more years ahead of me. Or, if I am being attacked, I probably won't have that many more minutes to live.

My EDC is 22 rounds .45ACP. I like to think that I could handle the situation with at least 1 round to spare, especially in such a confined space. (In a perfect world, I know)

Some of them will be armed. But, in my experience (limited, but one of my closest friends growing up isn't exactly... a good Samaritan), BGs don't always have the 'big guns' they want you to think they have.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

While psychological stress and on board round count may have a bearing on you decision to act, I think that the ultimate factor in the decision will be the depth of your convictions.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Moderator
    While psychological stress and on board round count may have a bearing
    on you decision to act, I think that the ultimate factor in the decision will be
    the depth of your convictions.
    Therin lies the problem. Lots of people these days have NO convictions, no sense of right or wrong, nor do they want to take responsibility for anything....
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    A group of about 20 suspected gang members entered a car of one of the local public rail trains.

That would be vaguely reminiscent of real life "Shooting Fish In A Barrel" - a gang of Paraná fish.

Let me first start by saying i will die protecting myself or members of my family, be it with a gun, or with quick rationale thinking. But, if no weapons were shown, other than fists, and nobody is getting shot up, you might be escalating a situation that is WAY beyond your control. I understand a fist can be a deadly weapon, and someone on blood thiners may bleed out from a well placed punch, but a subway car is a difficult place to have a gunfight, to say the least. What happens if those 20 gangbangers start shooting back and kill everyone? I feel it is a lose lose situation. Bring the gun out on a one on one, or even two one one, and you have a good fighting chance. 20 to 1 will just get you killed and others who may have not gotten shot if someone did not escalate the situation. I am in no way saying lie down and not defend life, but there is a time, place, and situation where not bringing your gun out of the holster may be the wiser choice for all innocent people involved. If the shooting begins, then do what is necessary. I guess you have to determine what is going to give you better odds of survival, and WHEN . Most gangbangers are armed, dangerous, and have been in gun fights before. Dont think that for a second that your one gun is going to scare away a whole gang of thugs. Adrenaline and most likely drugs will inhibit their rationale thinking, and they may all start shooting. To think that a doped up gang banger on crack or meth is going to stand down from a gun fight where they feel they are in control, you may be wrong.It is difficult to think that there are many situations that are totally out of our control, gun or not, but this is definately one of them. Bunker
    Hopyard likes this.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    First Sgt. I agree with HotGuns, his comment just reminded me of something funny I heard charlie sheen saying. Therein lies the reason behind my post, no disrespect was intended
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by jvteach77 View Post
    The question: knowing that at least some of the gang members are likely armed, what would you do if you were one of the flight attendants and carrying a weapon? What if you were just a passenger in that car that wasn't being attacked and you were armed?
    1000 to 1 odds they were NOT armed as they were in route to work on an airline.

Senior Moderator
    It is difficult to think that there are many situations that are totally out of
    our control, gun or not, but this is definately one of them
    There are some scenarios that one can not win.

The key is understanding that as soon as possible, and when you come to the realization that there is no hope of a survival, you do all that you can to acheive the most favorable outcome.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

First Sgt. I agree with HotGuns, his comment just reminded me of something funny I heard charlie sheen saying. Therein lies the reason behind my post, no disrespect was intended
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Gotcha Chris...My lack of understanding your comment was just one of my many "duh" moments I reckon...Stay safe!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Let me first start by saying i will die protecting myself or members of my family, be it with a gun, or with quick rationale thinking. But, if no weapons were shown, other than fists, and nobody is getting shot up, you might be escalating a situation that is WAY beyond your control. I understand a fist can be a deadly weapon, and someone on blood thiners may bleed out from a well placed punch, but a subway car is a difficult place to have a gunfight, to say the least. What happens if those 20 gangbangers start shooting back and kill everyone? I feel it is a lose lose situation. Bring the gun out on a one on one, or even two one one, and you have a good fighting chance. 20 to 1 will just get you killed and others who may have not gotten shot if someone did not escalate the situation. I am in no way saying lie down and not defend life, but there is a time, place, and situation where not bringing your gun out of the holster may be the wiser choice for all innocent people involved. If the shooting begins, then do what is necessary. I guess you have to determine what is going to give you better odds of survival, and WHEN . Most gangbangers are armed, dangerous, and have been in gun fights before. Dont think that for a second that your one gun is going to scare away a whole gang of thugs. Adrenaline and most likely drugs will inhibit their rationale thinking, and they may all start shooting. To think that a doped up gang banger on crack or meth is going to stand down from a gun fight where they feel they are in control, you may be wrong.It is difficult to think that there are many situations that are totally out of our control, gun or not, but this is definately one of them. Bunker
    Bunker please do not take this the wrong way, but 20 on 1 is disparity of force. At that point you would be justified in presenting your weapon. That being said, its up to the individual if he/she will act. God help us if someone could have helped, and didnt.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links