Trapped with multiple gang members... - Page 3

Trapped with multiple gang members...

This is a discussion on Trapped with multiple gang members... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sometimes no matter what you do, the odds are stacked and you are going to lose (die). Fortunately, we are really dealing here with a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Trapped with multiple gang members...

VIP Member
    Sometimes no matter what you do, the odds are stacked and you are going to lose (die). Fortunately, we are really dealing here with a highly fictionalized scenario. Honestly, I spent 2 hours a weekday riding the NYC subways for 3 years. Granted that was many years ago, but I did it at all hours of the day and night. And nowadays security is way better than before when there were no cameras and no recording of everything that goes on; and in fact no transit police.

Bad stuff happens in this world but we do ourselves a real disservice getting worked up over the utterly rare things. You are more likely to be attacked while entering your home. You are more likely to be attacked while buying gas or exiting a fast food store.

You are way more likely to die from lightening than to be caught in this scenario we are discussing. It is certainly entertaining, but
    I think it offers nothing of real world value except perhaps the notion that sometimes you might be in a no-win situation and all you can do is give it a try and hope something changes and it works out. If not, well you lose. That's life. A huge game of Whack-a-mole or Mario Brothers.

Please don't take this as me trying to insult anyone but 20 to 1 is way out there on the odds scale, even if you're carrying an AR and spare mags. Frankly I think for the vast majority of us a confrontation between ourselves and 4 armed individuals would probably not go well. Usually the bad guy has the upper hand, he or she already knows what they're going to do, you on the other hand have to guess at their intent until the last second.

What to do in that situation? Lets hope none of us ever has to find out.
    RevolvingMag and atctimmy like this.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NE45 View Post
    Please don't take this as me trying to insult anyone but 20 to 1 is way out there on the odds scale, even if you're carrying an AR and spare mags. Frankly I think for the vast majority of us a confrontation between ourselves and 4 armed individuals would probably not go well. Usually the bad guy has the upper hand, he or she already knows what they're going to do, you on the other hand have to guess at their intent until the last second.

What to do in that situation? Lets hope none of us ever has to find out.
    +1. The problem the way I see it is that they can't run away. You could blitz them, killing 3, 4 or 5 really quickly. Under normal conditions they would break and run allowing you to continue breathing. But in this scenario there is no escape for either party. Once the fight is on you are going to have to maintain the initiative and keep moving forward. Any little hiccup, like a reload, and you're toast. 20 to 1 is just too many bad guys and not enough good guys to fight in a phone booth type fight.

IMO this fight is a death sentence and I need to keep breathing in order to raise my little ones. They need a Daddy to teach them how to grow up.
    Snider likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I guess I would've shot them all - glad I carry a Glock 19 with 2 spare magazines.

No other option was available?

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    +1. The problem the way I see it is that they can't run away. You could blitz them, killing 3, 4 or 5 really quickly. Under normal conditions they would break and run allowing you to continue breathing. But in this scenario there is no escape for either party. Once the fight is on you are going to have to maintain the initiative and keep moving forward. Any little hiccup, like a reload, and you're toast. 20 to 1 is just too many bad guys and not enough good guys to fight in a phone booth type fight.

IMO this fight is a death sentence and I need to keep breathing in order to raise my little ones. They need a Daddy to teach them how to grow up.
    This is exactly what I thought when I saw that story. Even the most cowardly man may fight back when there is nowhere to run. I have an extraordinarily high opinion of how much damage I could inflict in a short period of time, but it just takes a heartbeat to go from mayhem to dead if one small thing goes wrong.

My take is, unless they were executing or raping people, or were about to discover my cc and disarm me, I keep to myself and pray nobody winds up too damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    CLIPS GLOCK HI CAP KILLING CLIPS (the ones favored by drug cartels)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good senario, But what about one that really happened! What would you have done if you had been in Tuscon on that day, armed and nearby, like at least one person was. What would you have done?

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    something i missed the 1st time around--subways on the east coast post that it is illegeal to carring of firearms, even by those with permits.
    i can only speak for Boston, NY and DC. is Atlanta different?

so if you are the law abiding citizen on the subway, you are not going to be armed.

my Plan B is to sit next to Chuck Norris.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Slow, deliberate shooting.
    Hurry up and take your time.

G.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I'm 55 yrs old and diabetic and on blood thinners also, and I do not not have a death wish, but neither am I afraid to die. I know where I will go when this life is over. That being said I would not sit by and let a scenario like what was described here go on around me. (assuming they really were beating/kicking their victims and not just pushing them down and demanding money) I would engage, and I would do my level best to win. The really ugly part is...my carry weapon 90% of the time is a 5 shot snubby with 1 speed loader in my left front pocket. Chances are it would end ugly, very ugly, but there are things worse than death. I would heve to leave the outcome to the Lords will.
    There are some decisions we all should have made before we strap on a firearm.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Never been on one never seen one in person. Can you go from car to car while its moving? Can you pull an emergency stop cord or something? Sounds like a bad situation the positive side is i'm guessing the aisles are narrow enough that only one or two can reach you at a time? I've been following this one for the best option but don't know that I've found one yet.

Guantes said it well about losing their resolve.....they are in a gang because individually thay are cowards. After a few go down, the rest will run like cockroaches when the lights come on.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBoun View Post
    Guantes said it well about losing their resolve.....they are in a gang because individually thay are cowards. After a few go down, the rest will run like cockroaches when the lights come on.
    And where will they run friend? You're locked in a cage with them. There is nowhere to run, for you or for them.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    And where will they run friend? You're locked in a cage with them. There is nowhere to run, for you or for them.
    To me if they go to one side of the car while I am on the other, and beat feet at the first stop, that's good enough for me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    To me if they go to one side of the car while I am on the other, and beat feet at the first stop, that's good enough for me.
    That is the best POSSIBLE outcome, but not very probable.

Out of 20 gangbangers don't you think that 1, 2 or 10 might be armed? Can a bullet travel the full length of a subway car? Do you think that after a few minutes goes by with you and them on opposite ends of the car that the initial shock of your attack is not going to wear off? Don't you think that some of them might be a little mad at you for shooting their friends? After the (20-4) 16 bad guys regroup and rally you're a dead man.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links