Trapped with multiple gang members...

This is a discussion on Trapped with multiple gang members... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This scenario is based on some events that happened in Atlanta last weekend. A group of about 20 suspected gang members entered a car of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Trapped with multiple gang members...

This scenario is based on some events that happened in Atlanta last weekend. A group of about 20 suspected gang members entered a car of one of the local public rail trains. Several people were already inside, including 2 male flight attendants on their way to the airport. The gang members started to become rowdy and people were eager to get off but the doors did not open like they should have at the next stop. Between that stop and the next the gang members attacked and robbed the flight attendants as the other passengers watched. The guys were punched and kicked some.

The question: knowing that at least some of the gang members are likely armed, what would you do if you were one of the flight attendants and carrying a weapon? What if you were just a passenger in that car that wasn't being attacked and you were armed?

My opinion is that this situation isn't likely to end well regardless. If you draw and they do you are looking at a fire fight in a small enclosed space with lots of bystanders around. If you don't, then you might be beaten to death or severly injured. it seems to me the only way to win would be not to be on the train in the first place.
    Glock G23
    Kahr P380
    OMC "The Backup" .380

I may die by my own gun, but whoever kills me with it will have to beat me to death with it, cause it will be empty by the time they get it.

If they are just threatening and have no weapons out. I have over my wallet and thats it hopefully. If they wanted more I would open fire on the aggressors, dropping them then checking the other gang members. Just because they are with the crowd doesnt mean they are threatening my life. The next person tha threatens me will get dropped, and so on and so forth until I run out of ammo. I would save my last round and make it count. If 20 men and intent on attacking, I am going to take as many down as possible. But just a unarmed robbery, i will not react with deadly force
    RevolvingMag likes this.

This is a good scenario for those that do not believe they need extra mags.

If you need to present your weapon and have made the decision to do so, go all out. There is a disparity of force here. That being sad, if all they are doing is gathering items, give it up and go on with your life.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I could not bring myself to watch good people get hurt. Evenif it meant going down myself, at least I could hopefully empty my gun and take some with me if it came to gun play. Good news is most are cowards, dont stand for anything but theirselves, and would more than likely give up to preserve their own worthless hides after seeing a few of their own drop.
    HotGuns and Old School like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

+1 After a few go down, the rest will lose their resolve quickly, with no place to run to.
    brylow likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I've had 56 good years on this planet. I don't fear death as I might have even just 10-years ago. I can't say when the tipping point would be but I'm not going to let myself get beaten to death without a fight. At a point I know I can justify my actions I am opening fire. The rest is just Inshallah...
    Last edited by Chad Rogers; April 29th, 2011 at 07:42 AM.
    Guantes, Buckj and Old School like this.

That mirrors my own thoughts. I seek not to hasten my demise, but neither do I run in fear from it.
    BugDude, Buckj, Bkrazy and 2 others like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Yep, I'd try to remain a good witness up to the point where I thought innocent folks were about to be seriously hurt. If it escalated to physical violence, I'd try to pick out the ring leaders and then do what I could to dissuade them with what ever means necessary. Sure wouldn't want a fire fight on a MARTA train and it might not work out like I'd hope, but I couldn't sit by and watch good folks suffer at the hands of todays extremely aggressive punks either.YMMV

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Moderator
    The question: knowing that at least some of the gang members are likely
    armed, what would you do if you were one of the flight attendants and carrying a
    weapon?
    I would win. At all costs.

What if you were just a passenger in that car that wasn't being attacked and you
    were armed?
    I don't believe in fate or coincidence. If the Good Lord directed me to be there when it happened, then I reckon He would expect me to do something to prevent harm. I live by the Golden Rule of treating others as I would like to be treated,so I am not about to stand idly by and watch something bad happen that I might have prevented if I acted. I'll leave those actions to the rest of the world.

Yeah, I might be whipped up on or even killed but fact of the matter is, I am not even guaranteed my next breath, so I will do what I can while I am here.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    This is a good scenario for those that do not believe they need extra mags.

If you need to present your weapon and have made the decision to do so, go all out. There is a disparity of force here. That being sad, if all they are doing is gathering items, give it up and go on with your life.
    Exactly what I was thinking!! Perfect example of why you need at least one reload. At the least, one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

hope u have some glock 30 round mags...

Being a well qualified senior with health problems and on blood thinners, I cannot wait to see what they are going to do. I cannot risk one punch. I am getting ahead of the Oda Loop.
    Someone is going to get hurt real bad and I don't mean going HTH.
    Semper Fi

I'm making every shot count until I run out of ammo or run out of air....whichever comes first.
    RevolvingMag likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

In Texas I believe we would have to tag all the bodies as road kill,since Tx allows the defense of a 3rd party.I would be in fear for my life and would need to stop the threat
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    HotGuns, is it sad that when you said win at all costs, charlie sheen popped into my head looking at me funny saying winning, duh!
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links