My encounter with the local sheriffs

This is a discussion on My encounter with the local sheriffs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its nice that you are so forgiving, but how forgiving do you think the legal system would be if you pointed a gun at someone ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My encounter with the local sheriffs

VIP Member
    Its nice that you are so forgiving, but how forgiving do you think the legal system would be if you pointed a gun at someone without legal justification. You know very well you'd spend some time in jail for that.

So, let's see. Options. LEOs involved go to jail. Yeah, when donkeys fly. Next option. A civil suit.

In our present society there aren't too many do overs, and mistakes aren't usually forgiven by the law. Wish it were different. I really do believe in forgiving people and giving second chances.

HOWEVER, punishment serves an important purpose. Deterrence. If we want to stop gangster tactics of the kind described here twice in 24 hours, we need to punish those who behave badly; or in this instance, punish those who trained them and ordered them to behave in that manner. Stuff like that doesn't start at the bottom. As the old saying goes, "the fish rots from the head." That is why a civil suit is entirely appropriate. And if the OP was telling us the truth, there is plenty of justification for one.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Yea, and the same LEO's risk their lives every day for your protection. As soon as one makes a mistake (and you don't even know the full story, none of us do) you're ready to sue. Whatever. I have enough respect for the LEO's to appreciate what they do is hard and they have to face death every day. Why don't you think about that instead of yourself?
    How about those heroic LEOs do the COMPLETE job and verify the "intelligence" they get from their street urchins? The LEOs got lazy and skipped the boring part of their job. What they did do was recklessly endanger the lives of two taxpayers. For that, those taxpayers have every right - and some obligation - to pursue this issue up the chain of government officials (chief, DA, mayor, etc.) to both ensure it doesn't happen to someone else and to satisfy whatever injury they may have suffered, both emotionally and to their reputation in their new neighborhood.

And let's not forget that those LEOs unnecessarily endangered their own lives because they were not diligent in their investigation.
    Hopyard likes this.

Administrator
    You folks know the rules. Or did you just happen to forget them with regard to posting in this thread?

I have already deleted Language violations. Ignorant gutter talk. Personal attacks. Insulting comments.

Sorry...This Thread Is Closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links