New York third grader charged with selling loaded gun - Page 2

New York third grader charged with selling loaded gun

This is a discussion on New York third grader charged with selling loaded gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In response to how insane the charges are, it IS NY. Just in line behind our 2 anti 2nd ammendment locations of DC, and IL. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New York third grader charged with selling loaded gun

In response to how insane the charges are, it IS NY. Just in line behind our 2 anti 2nd ammendment locations of DC, and IL.

They each have 10 fingers, surprised they didn't get 10 counts each.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Kid should have been asking for more money. Didn't he teach him right at all ?

Well, Daddy is going to pay big for that one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Eagle: Once again a replier has used inappropriate language. You refer to him as "daddy". The proper term is "sperm donor".

Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    Stealing gum is serious business on the playground these days.
    pointing your finger and saying "Bang" is a serious business on the playground these days too. sigh. This case though, The father is to blame, not the kid.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Xader thinks this is a serious parenting problem. I am sure if he saw WHAT or WHO this parent or parents are he would not use such a kind word as "parent". More than likely we are talking about "breeding animals" on the government gravy train. My apologies if I am wrong and presumptuous.
    If that's the case, then it is still a parenting problem, starting with the first branch in the family tree that didn't bring their offspring up to respect the laws of society, even the ones they disagree with.

But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    The father should have his kid taken away and never be allowed to own a gun ever again. Throw the book at the father, not the kid.
    I'm torn on this one. I know people who have children YOUNGER than 8 that are perfectly capable of understanding the difference between toys and stealing and guns. 8Yrs old is plenty old enough. One of the problems I have with only "throwing the book" at the father is that the child doesn't learn consequences. The consequences happen to someone else(ie the father) therefore there really isn't a true understanding on the childs part. In that case, the child WILL learn(albeit probably subconsciously): I do something bad, someone else pays...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtsr View Post
    NEW YORK — A New York City third-grader and his father have been arrested after the boy sold a loaded 9mm pistol to a classmate for $3, police said on Friday.
    Is that the current market price for a used Hi Point?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I agree. Charging an 8-years-old child just like that is not right, and the only they do is to ruin his life forever. The father is the only one that should be charged.
    I doubt if they will be able to try the child on this charge. At that age (8?) I don't think they could try him as an adult. He may end up with a juvineal record, but I think he'd be better served if he was put in a foster home.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    +1 Hi points have gone up $2 bucks since i was 8 years old I guess.

On a serious note its very lucky the kid didn't shoot somebody. I hope everyone involved learns a lesson on this one.

I dont think they should charge the child as the buyer thought it was a toy so most likly the seller did as well, this is all on the parent in this one, not teaching the child the difference between a toy and real guns, plus for making it accessible to an 8 year old was very irresponsible.

3$ !!!!!
    That kid has no future. Pushing product at such a discount, what are schools teaching these days!!!!!

Had a similar situation in NYS. Responded to a call at a local middle school where an 11 year old brought dad's illegally owned commander size 1911 in for show and tell. Dad was the only one charged.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links