Mom & 6 yr old, hasseled by 3 bikers, country road, 1987..no cell phone. - Page 2

Mom & 6 yr old, hasseled by 3 bikers, country road, 1987..no cell phone.

This is a discussion on Mom & 6 yr old, hasseled by 3 bikers, country road, 1987..no cell phone. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mean all of this constructively. This is a half star, Jason Stratham movie of the week on SpikeTV. I notice you have Clint Eastwood ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mom & 6 yr old, hasseled by 3 bikers, country road, 1987..no cell phone.

TVJ
    I mean all of this constructively.

This is a half star, Jason Stratham movie of the week on SpikeTV.

I notice you have Clint Eastwood as your avatar.

A man's got to know his limitations.

Ultimately, the bikers in your story never physically hurt your girlfriend (Zero Excuse for what they did)

Youre in your car, bikers harassing you. Girlfriend calls 911 from cellphone (this scenario now occurs in todays world). Report plate of biker in front of you. Report patch they/he wears. Report you are in fear of your life. They attempt to stop you for no reason. Seeing you on the cell likely gives them cause for pause. Take photos with phone.

This is boring compared to your scenario.

Just drive the speed limit. One slows down in front, you can slow down a bit. If hes really trying to stop you, go around. As bikers, they want to AVOID getting hit by your car. The odds of them moving out of your way are way in your FAVOR.

If still boxed in, they pose greater risk. Maintain/increase speed just a bit and and bump. A bump to the biker in front gives them cause for pause...showing you are willing to hit them.

If they escalate their aggression, ram and sideswipe. AVOID STOPPING. Use your four thousand pound car against a eight hundred pound biker to protect yourself. Girlfriend calls police from cellphone. Tell her to watch if any draw a gun. Leave your gun in holster.

You're moving in the car, you have higher levels of protection in the car. Few bikers want to get dumped at speed.

I understand/see your need to release your anger and get the emotional hero buzz going. Tactically, your scenario is all kinds of unnecessary high risk. Legally, you provide no links/quotes to the MN law that allows you/justifies your scenario.

Executing the biker on the ground is homicide. You get to meet his friends in prison.

Release the feelings so you can move on and get your tactical head straight.

You seem to conceal carry in your emotional rear view mirror with this scenario.

Running fantasies as a CCH is dangerous.

Embrace reality.

Your antidote is ALOT of very basic, very simple reality based airsoft Force on Force training.

Again, I mean all of this constructively.
    12smile likes this.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

In modern day Ohio, assuming up in Ashtabula county where there will be no police response, my wife would be calling me in a panic (not the police). My advice to her would to be sure not to slow down below 35mph, and if they try to go slower than that, honk as she guns it hard and passes them. I they take to the left lane to block her, she should proceed to run one or both down. That vehicle is incredibly dangerous to bikers, and shy of them pulling out guns and firing on her in motion, she has an incredible advantage tactically as long as she is moving at a reasonable rate.

It is also worth noting that a car is far more maneuverable than a bike, though not likely to be faster or able to accelerate at nearly the same rate. So the whole gimmick of passing and honking would need to be repeated unless she was nearing a safe place, or unless she hit one of the bikers (which likely signals the end of the pursuit, hopefully).

As far as fantasy responses go, I feel ya. The action and the ending are surely a visceral, enticing action scene with a rewarding conclusion on many levels, but I think the other posters are right, it's probably not cut out to be a good plan overall

GEEZ! Talking about being out there. Come back down to earth and get some real time training.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Holy Sh*t batman, i think we found the joker.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Thanks for the responses. (even the stupid ones :) ) I also think these three punks would have only tried this stunt on a weak looking female...I think they would assume the average male would respond with force (using the vehicle) and they'd be some form of roadkill.

Thinking about this makes me realize how integral the use of cell phone / camera / camcorder is in EVERYDAY LIFE. These thugs would be deterred by the UNIVERSAL use of cell phones today.

SCENARIO #2 may (or should) be the 'DEFENSIVE DISPLAY OF THE FIREARM"...still risky legal and tactical ground but probably a better plan. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 12smile View Post
    Thanks for the responses. (even the stupid ones :) ) I also think these three punks would have only tried this stunt on a weak looking female...I think they would assume the average male would respond with force (using the vehicle) and they'd be some form of roadkill.

Thinking about this makes me realize how integral the use of cell phone / camera / camcorder is in EVERYDAY LIFE. These thugs would be deterred by the UNIVERSAL use of cell phones today.

SCENARIO #2 may (or should) be the 'DEFENSIVE DISPLAY OF THE FIREARM"...still risky legal and tactical ground but probably a better plan. :)
    If these thugs really want you, your cell phone isnt going to do anything. If the weapon comes out, you better be prepared to use it. Otherwise it shouldnt come out.
    12smile likes this.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    If these thugs really want you, your cell phone isnt going to do anything. If the weapon comes out, you better be prepared to use it. Otherwise it shouldnt come out.
    I think that, respectfully, is open to debate. Showing the weapon. Defensive Display of the Firearm... I think it's being written into state laws now...that it IS NOT a violation to Defensively Display the Firearm.

I yield to more experienced voices on the matter. :)

I think that, respectfully, is open to debate. Showing the weapon. Defensive Display of the Firearm... I think it's being written into state laws now...that it IS NOT a violation to Defensively Display the Firearm.

I yield to more experienced voices on the matter. :)
    Its still illegal in my state. There are scenarios were the weapon could come out and the BG stops. However, to display the weapon without the need for it will land you in hot water, at least in my state.
    12smile likes this.

I wonder if you could look that up "Defensive Display of Firearm" on Handgunlaw.us

I wonder if you could look that up "Defensive Display of Firearm" on Handgunlaw.us
    Here is a link. You should always check your local laws. The net is a great place for info, but can get you into muddy water if its not updated.

Defensive Display of a Firearm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links