Mom & 6 yr old, hasseled by 3 bikers, country road, 1987..no cell phone.

This is a discussion on Mom & 6 yr old, hasseled by 3 bikers, country road, 1987..no cell phone. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was told this a long time ago by an old girlfriend. She drove a Doge Omni (don't see those anymore) and had a 6 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mom & 6 yr old, hasseled by 3 bikers, country road, 1987..no cell phone.

I was told this a long time ago by an old girlfriend. She drove a Doge Omni (don't see those anymore) and had a 6 yr-old daughter. Lived on the edge of the Minneapolis metro and drove on country highways frequently.

This was daytime and there weren't many other cars around...but these guys, 3 scruffy bikers, wanted to have a little amusement at her expense.

Now this was in 1987 before anyone had cell phones so she couldn't just call 911 w/ location and license plates...and of course the thugs were fully aware of this...

What they did was to pretend to kidnap her...2 of the bikers rode directly infront of her and one directly behind her and they gradually slowed down...daring her to hit them and at the same time trying to force her off the road....she was forced to gradually slow down but what would happen once they stopped her!

She was really scared and this was the thrill for the Jizzbag Bikers.

I don't know how long this went on but they eventually gave up and sped away. The whole time knowing she was unable to call for help and assuming she'd be scared and fearing for the safety of herself and her six year old daughter. They were terrified and I was uncertain of the level of post-trauma for Mom and daughter.

The Karma vacuum these guys created begs for a comeuppance...I hope that ultimately they messed with the 'wrong woman' and got their nuts scrambled..but I'll never know.

That was a long time ago and for me guns only existed in movies! Bruce Willis had one but I didn't. But I've been carrying 24/7 for 7 years now and things are different....one thing you realize is the level of FEAR that most people deal with on a daily basis.

Hearing the story I shared her feeling of powerlessness. I visualize situations like the one my friend lived through and these days...they have a 'happy ending' for me at least.

Last night I heard about a robbery of guy at a pump at a gas station I frequent. When I was there last I had high awareness the entire time w/ loaded Kel-Tec PF9 at the ready. Hearing about the armed robbery on the news where the motorist was shot, I visualized a scenario where I was being robbed at that gas station and the perp wound up dead with his brains sprayed onto the pavement.

But if I were to 'TIME TRAVEL' back to 1987 and If I were driving the Dodge Omni w/ Girlfriend and daughter and I was carrying ...Glock 30 or Kel-Tec PF9 with about 15 high-powered hollowpoints...WHAT WOULD I DO?

When fantasizing...I try to keep it legal...meaning I'll stay out of jail when it's all over.

Here's one scenario...I'd like to hear others approach to the situation...remember no cell phones in our car or anyone elses..

SCENARIO 1.....

OK, I'm driving belted in, My hot Swedish girlfriend (Solveig) is in the passenger seat and her daughter is belted in in the backseat.

2 bikers in front, taunting us and slowing down, one biker behind riding the rear bumper.

We make the decision to act...I slam on the brakes and rear biker winds up going over handlebars into the rear window and then becomes a skin-donor on the pavement with broken bones...hands / kneecaps / eyesockets / jawbone etc. He's out of the picture.

Down to 2 badguys.

My visualization of the scenario is that they come back to mess with me & my companions instead of fleeing. I stop the car, in the middle of the road, stand behind the open door, draw my weapon, and the 2 bikers pull up infront of the vehicle and are enraged that I put down their pal.

My verbal command is 'BACK THE HECK UP, BACK THE HECK UP!"
    they don't
    I repeat 'BACK THE HECK UP, BACK THE HECK UP!"
    no compliance.

I shoot. 2 to the heart, one to the head on Left Biker, 2 to the heart, one to the head on Right Biker,
    THEY BOTH FALL DEAD.

I don't check their pulse or deliver a final headshot, I drive back to the pile of meat that is / was the rear biker and ensure he's no longer a threat. Again no farewell head shot.

I drive home and make no police report.

END 'TIME TRAVEL'

Again this is a REAL STORY with a fantasy response 25 years later...the good news is I don't live in fear of 3 Rogue Bikers (maybe my old friend and her daughter do???)

But this is a bed time story for me with a happy ending...You could call it 'DEAD BIKERS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD"

What would you do? It shows you the importance of a fully charged cellphone...those jokers would not have pulled that stunt knowing the Sheriff would be on the way and we'd have an 8 megapixel photo of them as well as video :)

There's 2 ways to go with a response: Realistic and Practical or Fantasy.

Both are useful. The Fantasy response may be a good antidote to FEAR. and after that's played itself out the practical / realistic / legal response would be next. A knowledge of Castle Doctrine laws in you state would be useful...the Minnesota Legislature is debating this very issue this week.

I will admit that one of the fantasy responses to the real story includes 'Castration by Copper Hollowpoint" before the Heart/Head shots

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    good fantasy, unfortunately you would still go to jail had you done that, still a nice fantasy though
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

So you just killed 3 guys and left the scene without contacting LEO,drove home and parked.You are going to have collision damage to the rear of your vehicle and blood and other dna.You will not have to fear those three bikers,but their brothers in the penal system will wait for you,and then you will be somebody elses girlfriend
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    So you just killed 3 guys and left the scene without contacting LEO,drove home and parked.You are going to have collision damage to the rear of your vehicle and blood and other dna.You will not have to fear those three bikers,but their brothers in the penal system will wait for you,and then you will be somebody elses girlfriend
    Respectfully,...your plan would be what?

This really happened to someone and all she could do was submit.

Quote Originally Posted by 12smile View Post
    When fantasizing...I try to keep it legal...meaning I'll stay out of jail when it's all over.

Here's one scenario...I'd like to hear others approach to the situation...remember no cell phones in our car or anyone elses..

SCENARIO 1.....

OK, I'm driving belted in, My hot Swedish girlfriend (Solveig) is in the passenger seat and her daughter is belted in in the backseat.
    SO you you are going to keep it legal, but not realistic.

First, I would not slow down past, say, 35, depending on the speed limit. Who's to say they are trying to slow you down, or force you off the road? If/when it becomes apparent that they are, get away. You have a 5 ton bullet. If I were in fear of my life, I would not stop and I would never get out of the car. Just keep a steady pace. If they drive under your car, thats their problem. If they pull a gun, they get run over. If you get out it looks like you are asking for trouble.

Duk, how is he suppose to call the cops without leaving the scene? This is the 80s. He also said he would drive home and file a report. I would say he should drive to the first phone or police station.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

In my fantasy I gave Biker #1 and Biker #2 a chance...they got the choice "Back the HECK up" and refused it...I could have just shot them w/o warning.... my assumption was that I was in the middle of a carjacking / kidnapping...a CONTINUING EVENT.

This shows the importance of Castle Doctrine / Stand your Ground...that vehicle is an extension of my Castle.

Interesting, First, I think I would change my girlfriends name. That i s just a fantasy name I'm hoping. Don't want to offend. Seriously, do not stop, you do have a defensive weapon in your control already. Slow slightly at first to be polite. If they continue to try to slow u down ...keep your speed steady, if they want to try to shave some rubber from their tires via your front bumper, so be it.

Now that I'm giving it some rational thought...I guess my states law on Stand Your Ground comes into play. Ironically in about 2 hours there will be a Judiciary Committee hearing in the MN legislature on Castle Doctrine....If my vehicle is covered by Castle Doctrine...it's one set of circumstances...

if not...you're on your own.

But if I smell evil intent...sorry mofo it's war.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I shoot. 2 to the heart, one to the head on Left Biker, 2 to the heart, one to the head on Right Biker,
    THEY BOTH FALL DEAD.
    Everybody gets "firsts" before they get "seconds" (or thirds)......... biker #1 gets one to COM, then biker #2 gets one COM, then repeat as often as needed.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

With a hot Swedish girlfriend in the seat next to you, I can't imagine why your fantasy would include anything else except for what could transpire with that. Back up the reel, take out the kid in the back seat, delete all the biker stuff, and now you have a real fantasy. All that put together sounds like there's a screw loose somewhere.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

mkh
    My hot Swedish girlfriend (Solveig) is
    When you fantasize you go all out don't you?
    SAnta01 likes this.

VIP Member
    More education. More training. Less fantasizing.

Although as long as we're in dream-land, I can't resist the thought of the option of pushing the button for trunk-monkey deployment.

I would just not slow down once it was apparent they were messing with me. I might slow down when it initially happens so I dont hit them right away, but if they are trying to doing a rolling roadblock on me, on bike. I will just hold my speed, their bikes wont hurt my truck, if they want to play chicken, they will lose. Keep driving until you are in nearest well populated area and report
    msgt/ret and SAnta01 like this.

VIP Member
    Real world, a bike does not have the mass to force a car off the road. Continuing the fantasy momentarily hard brake to force a collision from the rear bike, minimal damage to me major for him. After impact immediately accelerate and if possible clip one or both of the front bikes and continue to the nearest place with phones and people.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If the road was clear, I'd just whip around them and speed off in to the sunset. Although with the price of gas, I would rather take my chances than open up the throttle on my truck. /sarcasm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links