the "Waffle House" attack................

This is a discussion on the "Waffle House" attack................ within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; do you draw your wallet..........or your CCW???????? Masked Cowards Rob And Terrorize Waffle House Customers Video for me, it would be three against one, but ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: the "Waffle House" attack................

do you draw your wallet..........or your CCW????????

Masked Cowards Rob And Terrorize Waffle House Customers Video

for me, it would be three against one, but im not depending on the "mercy" of these three wild-animals for my well being.........

Hard to tell if all three were armed, but I could tell that two of them were. You are right, 3 against one, not good odds. Also a lot of innocent people in there to take a hit if one of your rounds misses target (and there are three, you'd have to do some fast shootin'). Hand them the cash from your wallet act like you're playing nice like the rest of the innocent people, take note of descriptions, etc.. keep your wits about you and the first one that starts shooting, gets a bullet.

I'm not going to get into a shoot out with 2 or 3 armed thugs in the middle of a diner full of innocent victims unless I can help it. I'm not Bruce Willis.

Now would be a good time to have a "throw down wallet"
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Senior Moderator
    Technically...even if you did shoot, you could only shoot the two that were armed. Even though you were totally justified shooting the two, shooting one that was unarmed would not be good.

If you did shoot, suprise would be on your side. Since we have already narrowed it down to 2 to one odds...with suprise and determination on your side, 2 to one aint bad when the two dont have a clue that you are close to killing them.

Waiting for them to shoot, is a no win situation. The gun is in their hand, they have fired a shot, where is it going? They have already displayed intent. No future in that.

Of course, you have to realize your limitations. If you can do it, then do it. If you arent confident of your ability to draw and fire until the threat is no more, then dont do it. Lay awake at night replaying the scene over in your head a few millions times and then get some training that would allow you more confidence in your ability to act if it ever happened again.

That video is pitiful.
    Around 1:08 it appears that one has a High Point carbine. As they are walking around waving guns there is lots of opportunity there.One fool appears to be having a hard time holding up his pants. Definatley not the sharpest stick of the bunch.

This goes to show that you need to keep your head on a swivel and keep your situational awareness up.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I would hate to do it but they would get my money. Too many of them in a small space. However, if they hurt my wife or daughter it's a go time skippy!
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Technically...even if you did shoot, you could only shoot the two that were armed. Even though you were totally justified shooting the two, shooting one that was unarmed would not be good.
    Not necessarily. In some states, if an armed felony is taking place all participants in that armed felony are considered armed and dangerous whether they have a weapon in hand or not.

Check your state law.

On another point, my favorite part of this is the fact that the one guy has a pink little girl's school backpack. What is it, My Little Pony?
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Just a quick thougth: reckon there was an 'inside man'? y'know, the guy that's been inside the place before and scoped it out prior for a couple of hours? The guy that may severely muck up your 'surprise' by having one of his own? Like I said, just a bit of reality for the 3:1 scenario. May be 4:1, or worse.

dan

Senior Moderator
    Its possible. That one dude left out right on the heels of the gangbangers.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Everybody's a tough guy when typing out what they would do in such a scenario. Then when it happens you see wallets being turned over left and right. And not necessarily because of cowardice.

• Your most loved of loved ones might be there with you
    • The tactical advantage may not be yours
    • You may sense that the need, as opposed to the justification, to go to guns is not quite there yet
    gruntingfrog and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Everybody's a tough guy when typing out what they would do in such a scenario. Then when it happens you see wallets being turned over left and right. And not necessarily because of cowardice.

• You may sense that the need, as opposed to the justification, to go to guns is not quite there yet
    Well said sir
    hienykins likes this.

The reality is: few people have had a gun in their face. So, few people know how they'd react, gun / wallet / otherwise. Ask any tactical savvy spec ops snake eater, and he'll tell you that 3:1 odds suck. That's why they: 1. use teams 2. use long guns 3. flashbangs 4. nightvision. They stack odds in their at every opportunity. Being an armed schmuck in the WH at the time of a multiple armed robbery just ain't my idea of decent odds.

Please don't read me as saying "do nothing". I'm just interjecting some thoughts on the subject. IF, IF I truly believe that I or those that I'm with are gonna die as a result of waiting too long, then, well, things are gonna happen. If I think that tossing my wallet to these thugs gets them outta here quick w no loss of life, then they can have it. Just like one stating they'd pull their pistol to save the lives of others in the room, I'd happily give up my wallet for the same reason.

dan

I gotta agree with Hotguns. Plenty of opportunity there to take out the BGs if you have had the training and are willing to try. I wouldn't trust them to not start "executing" customers. Then again, I wouldn't be in a place like that in the first place at that time of night! I always sit in a fast food restaurant where I can see the door and who is coming in before they even reach the door, so if someone has a gun visible I would already have drawn and yelled for someone to call 911!.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Its possible. That one dude left out right on the heels of the gangbangers.
    Actually he was interviewed by one of the local stations the other day. He ran out to his car, grabbed his pistol, chased them to their get away vehicle and fired fifteen shots at them. He said he was sure he hit their truck. What I love is the only police commentary regarding this is that they checked local hospitals for gunshot victims and found none.
    Waffle House robbery victim opened fire on suspects | khou.com Houston

If he had his pistol on him instead of in his car things might have been very different. IMHO tactically once the guys were inside things start to suck. If someone had been armed and their SA was such that they saw them before they got in the door it could easily be two BG down at the door and the third takes off running. Fatal funnels can be your friend.
    Spec likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    What I love is the only police commentary regarding this is that they checked local hospitals for gunshot victims and found none.
    That sure doesn't mean they don't have a BOLO on a ventilated truck.

From the news article:

Houston said he had $600 in cash on him that night and was not happy that he had to part with it.
    The thought of thug on thug does come to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    I gotta agree with Hotguns. Plenty of opportunity there to take out the BGs if you have had the training and are willing to try. I wouldn't trust them to not start "executing" customers. Then again, I wouldn't be in a place like that in the first place at that time of night! I always sit in a fast food restaurant where I can see the door and who is coming in before they even reach the door, so if someone has a gun visible I would already have drawn and yelled for someone to call 911!.
    No offense but i live about 30 miles or so away from the scene and am familiar with the area. This waffle house is one of 2 that are.near bush international airport. I think the phrase i would not be in a place like that at that time of night is a bit judgemental. If i had been traveling and was in need of some awful waffle (who hasnt been in a waffle house at 1am) i might have been there. Yeah greenspoint is a rough area of houston but the question was what if you where there not why wouldn't you have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post

well i have personally been in two situations having to draw my CCW piece (which i posted two separate threads on in this fourm, use the search function and read about them), and i will say AGAIN, im not depending on the "mercy" of animals for my well being..........

and im not a "tough guy" or a member of Seal Team Six........

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links