Passenger Tries to Open Door In Flight - Page 3

Passenger Tries to Open Door In Flight

This is a discussion on Passenger Tries to Open Door In Flight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Direct the closest Air Marshall with a weapon to this man's direction... .....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Passenger Tries to Open Door In Flight

Direct the closest Air Marshall with a weapon to this man's direction.....
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    But we also know that at some point everything mechanical can and will fail. I'm not betting my life on what another pilot says. because everything comes into play like cabin pressure, rigity of the airframe, altitude, etc., etc.
    Agreed, BUT remember, an aircraft door has to open out before it can slide over to let people out. he would have to be he-man to push the door out against a 4-500mph jetstream. and as someone else put, "if its low and slow it MIGHT be possible", well if the plane is low and slow, where is the danger??

m2c, good discussion though
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

pull my seat belt as tight as possible........ and grab on to something really solid. "IF" they get it open, they'll be sucked out and no one will have to worry about them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'd probably go hands on. I'm no tough guy, but I'm big enough to hold my own and I think in a 1:1 or possibly even a 2:1 situation I'd be alright. I'd do my best to take him down and restrain him. If I get in trouble when we land, so be it. While the plane is in the air, it's a matter of survival.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I've heard of several panic attacks like that, people want to get out of the plane, no matter what. Their brains just stop working. There's one type of plane with a door to the rear that can be opened. No, I was not military, I was flying AK Airlines and we stopped over in Yakutat, and had to walk across the tarmac. That was about 30 years ago, so that model might not even be flying any more.

VIP Member
    Doors and hatches on modern aircraft are designed to come inward before they can be unlatched and opened or removed even with just psi pressurization it will be impossible to unlatch one in-flight.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I like to sit in exit rows when possible, so I guess he/she will be dealing with me. I suppose it's another thing one has to think about when choosing to sit in the exit row.

I would sit back, drink my 8 dollar beer and watch the dude get pummeled by other passengers.

Can You Open an Airplane Door During Flight?
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Doors and hatches on modern aircraft are designed to come inward before they can be unlatched and opened or removed even with just psi pressurization it will be impossible to unlatch one in-flight.
    That is correct. The door handle will break off before the door will open pressurized for planes with plug type doors. The airbus type doors have safety pins that will not release unless the aircraft logic indicates the aircraft is on the ground, or other parameters are met. So basically the doors cannot be opened in flight without disassembling the innards, or several computer systems have failed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links