Simple things are not always simple - Page 5

Simple things are not always simple

This is a discussion on Simple things are not always simple within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hate to admit this. But presented with the same situation, I would have probably had my gun out or at least my hand on ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Simple things are not always simple

I hate to admit this. But presented with the same situation, I would have probably had my gun out or at least my hand on my gun the moment the two guys walked over. I can't think of any good reason for two guys to come out of nowhere when there is an injured man laying in the middle of the street. The moment they started doing what they were doing and saying what they were saying, my gun would have been pointed at them because I would have been afraid for my life at that point. Then, if they didn't take off or stand down immediately, I would have started firing, else risk them attacking me and taking my gun. Fortunately, my wife also has a gun and in the same situation I would have had that double protection just like you did. But I'm not confident in my ability to take on two thugs. I did take some martial arts classes but that was several years ago and I barely remember much of it.

Everybody, for their own reasons, has their idea of what meets deadly force criteria. At that time, and moment, two dummies and a stick did make me feel I needed to resort to DF. The thing I knew for a fact is that if I closed with stockman, the stick would be a non issue. The option of DF is always there, but it should always be a very last option. I have been there before, and don't want to go there so quickly again.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links