The hostage situation

This is a discussion on The hostage situation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There's also the Robocop move - shoot the BG between the hostage's legs and blow his "equipment" off. This works well with fully-automatic concealment weapons ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The hostage situation

There's also the Robocop move - shoot the BG between the hostage's legs and blow his "equipment" off. This works well with fully-automatic concealment weapons that have no recoil.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    In the last Die Hard Bruce Willis, as a hostage, shot both himself and and the crook with the same round. I'll pass on that one.
    Yeah but he'd already been shot there so the bullet had a clear path to the BG.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Bark'n: I agree with many of your comments. We all can come up with "what ifs" but some, as much as you can argue are possible, are really very remote. IMO, situational awareness, as has been mentioned and discussed many times, is the key in the first place. How do you end up in a hostage situation with your wife and child being taken and you are there can be demonstrated but it is just a remote possibility--that does not mean you can make light of such a situation but spending more time worrying about where you go, when you go, and how you pay attention to things everyday will go a lot farther for many other "what if" possibilities, including this thread's scenario than predetermining your actions god forbid it should happen--as if you can predetermine your actions as you find yourself in probably the most stressful and dynamic situation that you will ever face.
    Its always good to think about what ifs, and only each of us can determine what is paranoid for us
    me....I've gone over situations of us being in the car stopped at a red light, walking in parking lot, in store, sitting in restaurant, church, etc
    she knows if I say the phrase "I gotta go to work" that it is about to hit or has already hit the fan and for her to take action with the boy and do what we've discussed
    if its a situation where she is getting herself and the boy behind cover, she is to draw her glock then get the cell out and call 911 telling them who she is and who I am (so they know I'm off-duty officer), my clothing descrip, what is happening, descrip of suspects, etc
    she also knows if she is grabbed like this she is to fight for her life and the life of my boy...scratch, yank junk, foot stomp, gouge eyes, slump over, whatever it takes, that is if she doesn't shoot dirtbag first....she ain't going with the dirtbag alive
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links