Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead. - Page 2

Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead.

This is a discussion on Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Home invaders, male or female, age not too important, are dangerous to the occupants of the residence, and get whats coming, in one way shape ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead.

VIP Member
    Home invaders, male or female, age not too important, are dangerous to the occupants of the residence, and get whats coming, in one way shape or form.

"Life is an excellent teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students”

When a predator selects the "wrong" victim, and the tables get turned, we call that, "An acute failure of the victim selection process."
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    1 perp dead, other two are in custody. What's the "bad" part again?
    Cause they have parents. Kids do stupid things. If I saw a 17 year old girl in my house I wouldn't shoot her unless she had a gun aimed at me. Part of responsible gun ownership is to use some freaking judgement before you just go popping people. I would feel like a pretty big pansy if I shot a 17 year old girl and killed her. Now the parents have to bury their child and in this case, the punishment doesn't fit the crime, IMO. Flame me if you wish.

If gun owners are this insensitive I am ashamed to call myself one.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Cause they have parents. Kids do stupid things. If I saw a 17 year old girl in my house I wouldn't shoot her unless she had a gun aimed at me. Part of responsible gun ownership is to use some freaking judgement before you just go popping people. I would feel like a pretty big pansy if I shot a 17 year old girl and killed her. Now the parents have to bury their child and in this case, the punishment doesn't fit the crime, IMO. Flame me if you wish.

when confronting uninvited peoples it is not reasonable for the homeowner to 'card' them.
    likely it is dark and he is outnumbered and everything is happening fast.

if those who commit crimes discussed all the ramifications of their 'plans'---there would probably be a lot less crime
    i am neither insensitive nor am i ashamed. they were/are all young but even toddlers have the concept of 'mine'.
    and that group was out to take from others. sometimes the cost of going agains 'mine' may be out of proprtion to the act.
    life sometimes plays for real.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Cause they have parents. Kids do stupid things. If I saw a 17 year old girl in my house I wouldn't shoot her unless she had a gun aimed at me.
    A girl is just a capable of killing you as a man. What happens if she has a gun stuffed in the back of her pants, draws and shoots you when your concentrating on her boy friends? Do you think her or her boy friends are going to feel bad that your dead?

Part of responsible gun ownership is to use some freaking judgement before you just go popping people.
    Age and sex does not come into play. 3 on 1 disparity even without a weapon is deadly for the victim. If you fear for your life you do what you have to to survive the situation.

I would feel like a pretty big pansy if I shot a 17 year old girl and killed her.
    You might feel like a pansy, but at least you'd be alive to feel that way.

Now the parents have to bury their child and in this case, the punishment doesn't fit the crime, IMO.
    Maybe if they would have kept an eye on what their minor daughter, whom they are responsible for, they wouldn't be burying her.

If gun owners are this insensitive I am ashamed to call myself one
    Perhaps you need to reconsider carrying a gun if your not willing to protect yourself with it. If a person takes up a life of crime, they have dealt themselves a losing hand. Sooner or later someone is going to call them on it. One loses and one survives. I plan on being the one that survives.

ADDED: I'm not insensitive to the parents. It isn't easy to bury a child. I know from experience. I've buried a 1 of my sons.
    JoJoGunn and Spidey2011 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by radman View Post
    My question would be what constitutes a home invasion not gone "bad"? Unless all the invaders end up dead its bad to begin with. Actually I think you could consider all home invasions
    "bad".
    I would say it was a "Home Invaision Gone Good". One perp dead. one perp in the pokey. One armed law abiding homeowner justified in guarding his home, and life.

However I think it could have been a home invaision gone excellent, if both perps were dead. No more chance of future home invaisions by these perps. And it gives future perps something to reconsider before doing something like this in the future.

You know in the old west I think they had less crime and few problems with prison overcrowding. I think we should return to the old west.
    tglassburner likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    likely it is dark.
    It was 8am, read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Perhaps you need to reconsider carrying a gun if your not willing to protect yourself with it.
    I don't need a gun to defend myself from a 17 year old girl.

This forum makes me laugh. As soon as someone exercises a right to a different opinion than "kill em all, let God sort em out" he/she is attacked for it. I don't go around killing young kids, if that makes me an irresponsible gun owner, so be it.

A group of kids comes into my home at 8am (light outside so I can see them clearly) I will likely have my gun on them ready to go, but they will get stern verbal warnings to get down, get out, or get shot. I don't just start shooting unless they are armed. And in this case, they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc60 View Post
    And it gives future perps something to reconsider before doing something like this in the future.
    You really think criminals think about this kind of thing? Try again.

VIP Member
    I don't need a gun to defend myself from a 17 year old girl.

This forum makes me laugh. As soon as someone exercises a right to a different opinion than "kill em all, let God sort em out" he/she is attacked for it. I don't go around killing young kids, if that makes me an irresponsible gun owner, so be it.

A group of kids comes into my home at 8am (light outside so I can see them clearly) I will likely have my gun on them ready to go, but they will get stern verbal warnings to get down, get out, or get shot. I don't just start shooting unless they are armed. And in this case, they weren't.
    I would hope I wouldn't need a gun against 1 single 17 year old girl either, but it wasn't just 1 girl, it was 3 criminals. The home owner had no way of knowing if they were armed or not. Just because you don't see the weapon, doesn't mean they don't have one. Neither report I read said if they were armed or not. A gun isn't the only deadly weapon there is, they could have had a baseball bat, crowbar or knives. We don't know.

Since when does their age or sex come into play? You read all the time about 12, 13 and younger kids killing someone, not by accident, but intentionally.

No one called you an irresponsible a gun owner.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

At least one or the "kids" was 20 and it isn't 100% clear if the shooting happened before or after the struggle.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

With my experience working in a county jail for the past three years I can safely say that the majority of our violent offenders are 18 or younger. You can't assume someone isn't armed or isn't a threat because they look like they just got off the bus from middle school. We go hands on with offenders that fight us until we have them in full body restraints a few times a day, and the majority aren't near their 19th birthday. I understand your point of view about not wanting to drop the hammer on an "innocent looking female" but in my opinion the homeowner did the right thing. He defended his castle. I can't say what I would do exactly in a home invasion like this as I have not experienced one but if I felt threatened with my wife and young son in the house I would shoot until I heard them hit the floor. If I had the choice and if it happened I would rather stare down the barrel of a weapon held by a man rather then a woman 100% of the time. What's done is done. I do not feel any sympathy for the criminals who picked the wrong house in the least bit. +1 for the hometeam
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Well I guess you can all sleep soundly knowing a young girl who made a bad choice is now in her grave, serves her right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    With my experience working in a county jail for the past three years I can safely say that the majority of our violent offenders are 18 or younger.
    That doesn't even make sense. Just from a mathematical perspective, there aren't THAT many 18 year olds behind bars and if you have a bunch of 17 and youngers in a county jail, you are asking for a lawsuit.

Well I guess you can all sleep soundly knowing a young girl who made a bad choice is now in her grave, serves her right.

That doesn't even make sense. Just from a mathematical perspective, there aren't THAT many 18 year olds behind bars and if you have a bunch of 17 and youngers in a county jail, you are asking for a lawsuit.
    How are we asking for a lawsuit? I guess we can sleep soundly knowing three criminals are off the street.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Bad choices sometimes land you in a grave. That's life and it will never change.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Also note I wrote "our violent offenders" which do not make the majority of our population. But we do have a good group of them. I'm not advocated killing children and adolescents. But if someone poses a threat then action will be taken whether it be physical or deadly force which the situation will dictate. Hopefully you nor I will be placed in a situation were we have to make that decision but it's either gonna be you or them. And I'll do anything to put the odds in my favor.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

That has to be one of the more sexist comments that I have read here in a long time.

Female offenders can be very much more violent, and ruthless than male offenders.

I don't wonder that when the article said "17 y/o girl" the image of the small home town prom queen came into everyone's mind.

In prison for 38 years, 3 counts of robbery with a deadly weapon over two days, release in 2044.

08/30/2007 ROBB. GUN/DEADLY WPN 09/26/2008 BROWARD 0717346 25Y 0M 0D
    04/11/2007 BURGLARY ASSAULT ANY PERSON 09/26/2008 BROWARD 0718296 25Y 0M 0D
    04/11/2007 AGG. BATTERY/65 YRS OR OLDER 09/26/2008 BROWARD 0718296 25Y 0M 0D
    04/11/2007 ROBB. GUN/DEADLY WPN(ATTEMPTED) 09/26/2008 BROWARD 0718296 15Y 0M 0D
    08/21/2007 CARJACK W/FA,DEADLY WEAPON 09/26/2008 BROWARD 0718298 25Y 0M 0D
    08/21/2007 AGG BATTERY/W/DEADLY WEAPON 09/26/2008 BROWARD 0718298 15Y 0M 0D

I can do this all morning. NEVER, ever, ever, presume that just because a BG is small, female, well groomed, or looks timid that they are not a threat. That will get you killed.

I'm an EOHO (Equal Opportunity Home Owner), I do not discriminate against age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or physical fitness. You force entry into my home, while I am at home, you are presumed to be a threat to my life, and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    That has to be one of the more sexist comments that I have read here in a long time.
    It's not sexist. I don't hit women either, does that make me sexist too? Didn't your father ever teach you how to treat a lady? So sad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links