Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead. - Page 3

Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead.

This is a discussion on Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know very well how to treat a lady/woman. I also know that if they kick me in the nuts or threaten my life with ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Home invasion gone bad. 2 dead.

I know very well how to treat a lady/woman. I also know that if they kick me in the nuts or threaten my life with a weapon and JAM has been met, they are now in my weight class.

I also know that the female of the species is always the first to resort to some sort of physical violence, often with no warning, or very little justification. Very dangerous gender, and are to be treated with respect at all times.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I would not and do not celebrate any death when a home invasion occurs. However, it is one of the major factors the thugs must consider when plying their trade. It is sad one person lost their life in criminal activity, and it is sad a person had to take that life and will have to live with the knowledge of having to do so. Points to consider when planing to break into a home.

They could be confronted by the home ower.

That home owner may be armed and quite willing to use it.

Age, sex or if they are armed does not matter to an adrenaline pumped home owner when confronting the perps.

The possibility of being killed during a home invasion is a very real possibility that should be considered when doing it.

All too often our youth do not heed the warnings and the result is death. That's just the way it is.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    It's not sexist. I don't hit women either, does that make me sexist too? Didn't your father ever teach you how to treat a lady? So sad.
    I was taught how to treat a lady, but just because someone has a female anatomy doesn't make them a lady. Just like a man, once they take up a life of crime, they are not worthy of respect or special treatment.
    BubbaDX likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

This was not just a random home invasion. The perps and the homeowner knew each other before hand. Every article I read said this. I also found a few articles stating that one of the perps was armed. Here is another article with additional info added. http://www.gastongazette.com/news/cl...dead-home.html

I don't know the whole story but I will tell you this. You break into my home and I will defend myself and my family. No questions. I dont care if you are male or female. There are to many instances where someone underestimated the situation and lost their lives.

It's not sexist. I don't hit women either, does that make me sexist too? Didn't your father ever teach you how to treat a lady? So sad.
    What does treating a lady have to do with confronting a criminal in your own home? I guess we will be reading your obituary if a female breaks into your house and draws a weapon.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

I have been in LE for 13 years. From my experience, random home invasions are exceedingly rare. Most home invasion robberies have actors and victims that knew each other prior to the crime. This updated article just confirms that for me, as they note that the suspects and homeowner knew each other prior to the Home Invasion. The debate really is academic if you factor in that the people that broke into your house are known to you, and known to commit acts of violence. That makes your decision tree smaller and much faster, IMHO
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    What does treating a lady have to do with confronting a criminal in your own home? I guess we will be reading your obituary if a female breaks into your house and draws a weapon.
    Ignorant comment by someone who didn't read what I wrote. I said if they have a weapon that is a different story. What I also said is that a young teen doesn't deserve to die for committing a crime like this. That is probably why the court system doesn't issue the death penalty for burglary.

This whole forum is twisting this into something it isn't. I merely don't understand the statements of "they deserved it" when it is a young child. Where the heck is you all's compassion?

Well I guess you can all sleep soundly knowing a young girl who made a bad choice is now in her grave, serves her right.

That doesn't even make sense. Just from a mathematical perspective, there aren't THAT many 18 year olds behind bars and if you have a bunch of 17 and youngers in a county jail, you are asking for a lawsuit.
    Under 18 are usually not put in general population. Are minors not supposed to be jailed when they commit a crime? Flawed logic there, if you ask me.

Ignorant comment by someone who didn't read what I wrote. I said if they have a weapon that is a different story. What I also said is that a young teen doesn't deserve to die for committing a crime like this. That is probably why the court system doesn't issue the death penalty for burglary.

This whole forum is twisting this into something it isn't. I merely don't understand the statements of "they deserved it" when it is a young child. Where the heck is you all's compassion?
    She and two of her "friends" broke into this man's house in the morning hours. At that time of day, he very well could have still been sleeping. Have you ever tried to decide which of the 3 invaders in your home deserve to be shot, after being awoken from a dead sleep? I certainly haven't, nor would I want to. Yeah, it sucks that the girl was killed, and I'm sure the guy that shot her feels pretty bad right now, but that doesn't mean he didn't do the right thing. It was textbook disparity of force, especially if one or more were armed. Don't be so quick to assume you wouldn't have shot her. There's a very real possibility that she wasn't even shot on purpose. The home owner, who was under extreme stress at the time, could very well have been aiming at the male suspects. Maybe one of them tried to pull a Bin Laden and hide behind her. My guess is that he was tunnel visioned on someone and shooting at them. Then again, he could have just fired randomly into the group. We really don't know what happened.
    Last edited by Spidey2011; May 29th, 2011 at 08:40 PM.

Give compassion were it is due. But where it isn't due is in regards to criminals who chose the lifestyle that took one to their grave. That's how it is whether you like it or not. Welcome to the real world. It's not all rainbows and unicorns out there. People die everyday for stupid things they choose to do. My compassion is for the homeowner who had to take a life and will have to live with it everyday. not with a stupid punk who picked the wrong home.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Where's your compassion for the homeowner. ?

I will celebrate the death of home invaders all day long.

I will never understand the incessant demand for compassion and mercy for criminals, whilst none is offered the real victims.

The homeowner is a victim forever, now. Someone violated their sanctuary; threatened their life, and they were obligated to defend it. They have to live with the fact that they had to terminate someone else's life. All this blame falls on no one, but the wicked fools that broke in.

Sent from my phone
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Think if the headlines read 19 yr old shot and killed one member of Folk Nation Gang after they broke down back door and attempted to enter his home? 19 year old had been threatened by the invaders in the past.........

http://www.wbtv.com/story/14725345/s...ion-in-york-co

"A cousin tells WBTV the teenager's name is Rusty Dakota "Cody" Millwood and that he shot two people after they kicked down his back door.

The cousin says Millwood has had problems in the last months with a gang called Folk Nation. That person told WBTV that one of the gang members told the teen they were going to kick down the door of the home and beat up the teen and his mom."

If the info in the above link is correct, I have no sympathy for any of the culprits. I have no use for gangsters.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Uh oh. I hope the homeowner will be ok from any retaliation from other gang members. I've never heard of this "Folk Nation" gang.

Its an umbrella organization.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Not sure about the title of the thread, I only saw where 2 were arrested and 1 was dead.

As to the home invasion going bad, it didn't. The home invasion went good, the home owner defended himself and survived. The scum who broke in paid the price. One definitely learned the lesson, only time will tell if the other 2 learned anything from it.
    True. Only 1 died. I was unable to edit the thread title once I posted it.

Obviously it ended bad for the perps, but good for the home owner. I think we'll see a lot more of this as gas prices rise according to Obama's stated plan. Criminals will be looking not only to finance not only their drug habit, but auto transportation also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links