Wanna buy a brand new camcorder?

This is a discussion on Wanna buy a brand new camcorder? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO I've been getting all kinds of weird offers at gas stations recently. Everything from watches, camera's TV's and stereos. Even drugs. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wanna buy a brand new camcorder?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've been getting all kinds of weird offers at gas stations recently. Everything from watches, camera's TV's and stereos. Even drugs. Just this last Friday I was propositioned by a young lady trying to make a few bucks. Granted, I'm in places I typically wouldn't go, it is odd and can catch you off guard every time.
    being you're in law enforcement I'd love to know your responses to those questions , did you offer them a new pair of matching bracelets? lol
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    being you're in law enforcement I'd love to know your responses to those questions , did you offer them a new pair of matching bracelets? lol
    No, my role is a bit different. I have to act and respond as if I were Joe Schmoe. I'll just role with the punches so to speak.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post

I hardly ever carry cash when traveling since its easy to cancel cards and get replacements.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

I disagree about carrying cash. IMHO I'd rather placate the 'robber' by giving him a few hundred bucks and letting him get away. Of course, this assumes the BG gets a jump on me, which is somewhat unlikely for me and most others here, as most of us are continually practicing good situational awareness.

Anyway, if the BG does get me cornered, then a few hundred bucks might save my life (or his).........
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I've been getting all kinds of weird offers at gas stations recently. Everything from watches, camera's TV's and stereos. Even drugs. Just this last Friday I was propositioned by a young lady trying to make a few bucks. Granted, I'm in places I typically wouldn't go, it is odd and can catch you off guard every time.
    Heck, a couple years back when I still had my Silverado I went to get lunch at Chick-Fil-A in broad daylight. The way I cam in I had to take a real hard corner and go up a hill at the same time. As I went up I stopped for a vehicle in the lot to pull out of a spot and a young lady happened to be standing right where I stopped. I didn't think anything of it till she walked over and started trying to get in the passenger door. Luckily for me I'm anal about locking my doors.

Anyway, good call on passing up the hot deal on electronics.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Reminds me of the antidote from Patriots."
    Guy pulls into a gas station with a truck load of firewood. Hot looking "Working girl" pulls in and says "I'm part of the underground economy, I believe in the barter system. Do you wan to trade sex for firewood?"
    The guy responds, "How much firewood do you have?"

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Question, "Hey you want to buy a new camcorder?"

Answer, "Hell, I'm not even sure how I'm going to pay for the gas I pumped, wanna buy a watch?"
    Good,you cannot be "nice" to these people.If they think you are crazier than they are,they will leave.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Good,you cannot be "nice" to these people.If they think you are crazier than they are,they will leave.
    Indeed, some seek and prey on it.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links