Next time I'll just hold it.

This is a discussion on Next time I'll just hold it. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE stories like these........ scumbag criminals think they have the upper hand with the "sheep" and they get trumped.......... we need stories ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Next time I'll just hold it.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE stories like these........

scumbag criminals think they have the upper hand with the "sheep" and they get trumped..........

we need stories like this to hit the news to counter the "anti-gunners" crap (yeah, i know, wishful thinking)....

good job OP....im proud of ya'
    IIIeXo19 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Great job and I think you showed great restraint.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Atleast you only had to tell him once...coz the second time wouldnt be so polite.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    You brought up the 21 feet not me. The Tueller concept is generally accepted as relating to linear movement.
    In any case I don't think that the movement around the vehicle could be a accomplished in less than a second, hence the four to six rounds.
    It'll be interesting to try in my next force on force. Fortunately the OP didn't have to find out.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I'd be interested in your results.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    My only problem is you leaving after being informed she was calling 911. If the police are called, they're going to want a report, and being that you were the victim and you drew a firearm, they're going to want to talk to you.
    Same thing I was thinking. If I have to draw and it is on video I am for sure going to stay and talk to the police about it. (I have had this same thing happen to me. Guy tried to open my car door while I was pumping gas. He went to draw when I told him to stop and iI was quicker. He ran away very quickly.)
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Good Job!

Hope they catch the scumbag before he tries it again on someone else.

Or maybe since he got a good look down your barrel he'll think twice before trying to hop in someones elses car uninvited.

Love reading these stories, glad you were armed and was able to defend yourself.
    =EXO_Glock-19_Gen.3=

Good job.

21' foot rule... Has to be linear... unless the BG's a hurdle jumper or a flying ninja.

Blade against a drawn/pointed weapon? 5, or maybe10 to1 against.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Definitely something to think about. I usually have the top and doors off of my jeep from spring until fall. This might have went a bit different for me. Fortunately I don't live near high crime areas (well this is Vermont theirs no high crime areas) but still doesn't mean it can't happen. Don't know how I would have handled that seeing as how he could have gotten right in the jeep without any effort.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I've read the entire thread...well done OP!

And also a good example of some times where people will legitimately draw their gun and not fire (as there is a faction of ccer's that believe 'if it clears leather, it's being fired. Otherwise I wouldnt have drawn it.') I think you did the right thing and still had the option of firing if you needed to.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    To be technical I believe that had the man began advancing around the car had the OP backed away from the threat around the car until he had no choice but to fire I believe the duty to retreat would be satisfied since he retreated around the car. However if the man advanced and he just shot him, the duty to retreat is not fulfilled
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Yeah, bless the woman behind the counter because she likely knew the neighborhood better than you. Best to get out of there & report via phone as you did - better than waiting for the BG to return with heavier weaponry.

P.S. - I always keep a bottle of water in the car to be prepared - in case I'm thirsty...or I need to empty the bottle to fill it anew!
    How do you remember what state the bottle is in, fresh, or emptied and reused? Sounds kind of risky to me!

I've spent a lot of time in and around Cleveland, and it has plenty of dark corners and scary gas stations for sure. Glad you got out alive, sir. Sounds like you handled it smartly!

Sounds like a good story for the NRA magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I've read the entire thread...well done OP!

And also a good example of some times where people will legitimately draw their gun and not fire (as there is a faction of ccer's that believe 'if it clears leather, it's being fired. Otherwise I wouldnt have drawn it.') I think you did the right thing and still had the option of firing if you needed to.
    If I begin to draw my weapon, it's not to warn, it's not to keep someone at bay, it's because I feel my life is in danger. period. I draw fully intending to use the weapon to defend myself. That said, there is a window of opportunity, they have until my sights line up COM to cease all hostile action, if not, Bang. Just my point of view, YMMV
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links