Next time I'll just hold it.

This is a discussion on Next time I'll just hold it. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After leaving my buddy's bachelor party I was heading home and suddenly had to use a restroom. I stopped at a BP walked in asked ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Next time I'll just hold it.

Next time I'll just hold it.

After leaving my buddy's bachelor party I was heading home and suddenly had to use a restroom. I stopped at a BP walked in asked for the restroom key. The older lady working the register gave me the key after i returned the key we both said have a nice holiday and I exited the store, just as I was about to enter my car a man that i saw getting ready to enter the store veered from his path to the door and headed to my car and was attempting to get in the passenger side door. I yelled for him to leave me and my car alone. He proceeded to start walking around the front of the car and pulled a kitchen steak knife and told me to give him the keys. I drew my weapon told him to leave me alone, he looked at me and my g19, he immediately turned and ran away. The nice lady at the register saw this go down and that it was on camera, and said she was calling 911 and to just go. I left and headed home.

Glad I was armed.

ETA this happened on Sat 5/28/2011 ~2300 hours

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like you did fine. IF I have to pee, I'm going to stop and pee. Some idiot chooses to pick that particular time to try something, so be it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

My only problem is you leaving after being informed she was calling 911. If the police are called, they're going to want a report, and being that you were the victim and you drew a firearm, they're going to want to talk to you.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Yeah, I would have stuck around to give a statement, but other than that, sounds good.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    My only problem is you leaving after being informed she was calling 911. If the police are called, they're going to want a report, and being that you were the victim and you drew a firearm, they're going to want to talk to you.
    I did call the PD and gave them my info. They said detectives would contact me if necessary, I have yet to be contacted. I was in an unfamiliar area and was told this is not a very nice suburb of Cleveland.
    First Sgt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tglassburner View Post
    I did call the PD and gave them my info. They said detectives would contact me if necessary, I have yet to be contacted. I was in an unfamiliar area and was told this is not a very nice suburb of Cleveland.
    OK then, that works I suppose. My problem was that if you run off and don't talk to police, your story doesn't get heard. Maybe the little old lady is on your side, but recounts details incorrectly that get you in trouble. And you never know who might paint you as the BG. Good call on contacting the police.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Good on you. Always carry, always be aware. You were both.

mel
    I hate c-stores after 10pm....9pm...., oh heck I hate going in to the period. Bathrooms are usually filthy and then you have a guy like this coming up to you to try and take your car? They use to hang horse theives, I just wonder if we could ever get back to that policy.

On the other note, I am happy to hear that you walked (drove) away from that situation unscathed.
    Lewis128 and tkruf like this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    You mean there is a nice suburb of Cleveland? Seriously though, glad all turned out well.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Yeah, bless the woman behind the counter because she likely knew the neighborhood better than you. Best to get out of there & report via phone as you did - better than waiting for the BG to return with heavier weaponry.

P.S. - I always keep a bottle of water in the car to be prepared - in case I'm thirsty...or I need to empty the bottle to fill it anew!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

After leaving my buddy's bachelor party I was heading home and suddenly had to use a restroom. I stopped at a BP walked in asked for the restroom key. The older lady working the register gave me the key after i returned the key we both said have a nice holiday and I exited the store, just as I was about to enter my car a man that i saw getting ready to enter the store veered from his path to the door and headed to my car and was attempting to get in the passenger side door. I yelled for him to leave me and my car alone. He proceeded to start walking around the front of the car and pulled a kitchen steak knife and told me to give him the keys. I drew my weapon told him to leave me alone, he looked at me and my g19, he immediately turned and ran away. The nice lady at the register saw this go down and that it was on camera, and said she was calling 911 and to just go. I left and headed home.

Glad I was armed.

ETA this happened on Sat 5/28/2011 ~2300 hours
    "Next time I'll just hold it."
    I think there is a man rule on never passing up a chance to pee.

Glad you were armed and no one was hurt. Glad the BG decided to leave.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Another in the "well done" column. Though I also would have stayed to give the police my story, or perhaps driven to the local precinct if I felt unsafe remaining at the gas station.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

As the BG was headed into the store before he diverted toward you, your actions may have not only saved your life but that of the old lady working there.

I am curious, considering the multiple felonies this guy committed toward you, why isn't he DRT? Not criticizing just curious about your thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    why isn't he DRT?
    What is DRT???

VIP Member
    Dead Right There.

Some folks apparently think the first and only solution to every problem is to kill someone.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links