Donut shop robbery

This is a discussion on Donut shop robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UPDATED: Assailant slashes throats, stabs workers at Starkville doughnut shop - The Dispatch This happened this morning in the town that I live and go ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Donut shop robbery

Donut shop robbery

UPDATED: Assailant slashes throats, stabs workers at Starkville doughnut shop - The Dispatch

This happened this morning in the town that I live and go to school in. Seems to be pretty straight forward but how would you react if you were there as a customer.

This is a really small shop and if you were there for breakfast you would be no more than 10-15 yards max from the counter when it went down.

2. Remove Ads

Put a significant number of holes in him, preferably some in the head.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Draw get sight picture boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom,reload boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom,Yell FREEEEEZE
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That's what I was thinking. I guess my biggest fear, knowing how this place is set up would be who/what was beyond the target. I know the kitchen is directly behind with likely multiple people inside who may not know what is going on or have time to clear out.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Based on what I have learned, the first thing is to move away and get some distance from the assailant, even if its 10 feet. In a shop like this, try to position so a table is between you and the assailant. Then draw and consider your options. You are right, there may be too many people beyond the target to shoot. Throw a chair at him, something. Also might be a good pepper spry situation if you cannot go lethal.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    +1

The point in the assault that you become aware/involved, will determine target possibilities. If he is atop a victim on the floor, a standing head shot from the side should give a sufficient downward angle. If he is upright, kneeling will give an upward angle shot, jumping atop a counter will give a downward angle shot. Any of these should help reduce injuries to those nearby.

I thought donut shops were sacrosanct... LEO musta been at the hot dog cart...

If there's a shot I can safely take, I probably would... Gloves, you sure do jump up on stuff alot... But every time you mention it, it makes good sense.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Thanks. Many years in the field and creating field training problems taught me the value of open minded, flexible thinking relative to tactics.

This definately would be a good time to put in practice the martial arts training.

Click Pow would be the prefered method, repeatedly. Generally there is enough room in a dounut shop to get a good shot, and enough stuff to ensure that innocents were out of the direct line of fire.

Luckily for the employees he didn't have a very sharp knife or wasn't very good at using it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Someone should have made the dirtbag look like a donut...all CoM shots...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Knuckledragger.

DTCM.

Or walk up to him, Point blank and brain him.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Could not agree with this more.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

There is a link to the BG's MySpace page here: George Johnson (Mr.BlowyaMind!!!!!) on Myspace
    Wow, that is culturally enlightening..........found the link in the comments below the article........

I see nothing there that would indicate a change in my actions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links