True Story in News 6/5/11: Flash Mob in Chicago: 2 Severely Beaten & Robbed

This is a discussion on True Story in News 6/5/11: Flash Mob in Chicago: 2 Severely Beaten & Robbed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What would you do here?...a Mob of 20 Youths. If I'm carrying my usual 6 shot revolver I imagine 7 of us are going to ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: True Story in News 6/5/11: Flash Mob in Chicago: 2 Severely Beaten & Robbed

What would you do here?...a Mob of 20 Youths.
    If I'm carrying my usual 6 shot revolver I imagine 7 of us are going to the hospital or the morgue. The only sure win here is to take the retsup99 option.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Mobs are bad news. Assuming this is happening to me somewhere legal to carry....

Verbal warning while drawing gun and spare mag, might as well have it out and ready with the gun.

Warning shots are a no-go. I'm assuming the op is carrying a 1911 or other 8rd .45, why waste almost half your first and most important mag on shooting dirt? Even if I had a 15+ gun I wouldn't waste the shots. Stats show you either win or loose with what's in the gun and I don't want to be bumrushed while reloading.

As Guantes states, lots will depend on other variables.

Eta{ if the mob is visably armed its "to the guns" and run like hell.

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

If it happend in my state and I was near my veical, I'd get in it lock doors (truck) & Leave if possible & if someone breaks in before I could leave I would TAP TAP ; )
    H/D
    RugerMak likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I carry every day....could you imagine living in Chicago with no legal way to defend against this.

One sad thing here is THESE THUGS KNOW THEIR VICTIMS ARE UNARMED.

A) Because it's Chicago
    B) It's a college campus.

The politicians have indeed created a 'Victim Disarmament Zone' and those 2 students fell into it.

I want the liberal politicians to bear the consequences of these attacks...Who will hold them accountable....

certainly not the Newspapers or TV.
    Last edited by 12smile; June 7th, 2011 at 01:09 AM.
    RugerMak likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Look's like more info on the subject at hand, as posted over on "The Back Porch":

Teens Charged in Mob Attacks | NBC Chicago

Why does one need a magazine that holds more than ten rounds?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Back at the time of the Rodney King riots I was doing telephone service for a large electrical contractor and I had a work order to do some work in a housing project in the central city. The night before I got home and turned on the TV just in time to see Reginald Denny get the brick bounced off his head so I took my CAR-15 (now would be an M-4) and 25 30 round mags with me. Well it was spotted by the warehouse manage when I stopped by the shop to resupply and I was called into the telecom manager's office. After an explanation as to why I had it the manager asked "You wouldn't have really hurt anyone would you"? I said "Xxxx if the SOBs had come after me the cops would have been stacking bodies like cord wood".

I carry a Para-Ordnance P-14 and 2 spare mag as my EDC; I have arthritic knees and can't run, as the saying goes "Don't mess with an old man; he'll just stand his ground and kill you". Just like shooting bowling pin in a Second Chance type shoot, start on the left and let the recoil help move to the right taking each pin in order.
    RugerMak likes this.

Another good reason for additional mags.
    RugerMak likes this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

The wasted warning shots are a bad idea. There may be a lot I'd like to see and do in Chicago but I wont b.e going there until they have some sensible gun laws that afford me my Second Amendment Rights.
    RugerMak likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    You are 60yrs old and between 15 to 20 black thugs begin surrounding you... There is a massive disparity of force.
    Does the race of the thugs matter to the situation? I know the individuals in the example case were black, but that doesn't change how one should react to the situation. Your statement implies that the individuals being black inherently makes them more dangerous and warrants different choices. It may not be what you intended, but it's the implication made by your statement. There are members of this forum from many races, creeds, and backgrounds.

Let's try not to include race in our discussions of tactics unless it actually pertains to the outcome.
    12smile likes this.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

I believe that he was merely using the info provided in the OP.
    12smile, RugerMak and TVJ like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I know, and I'm not trying to accuse him of anything. It's a subtle thing. Substitute "redheaded" for "black" and you'll see how unnecessary the detail is to the discussion of disparity of force.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

The mob's first warning from me would be them having to step over one of their neutralized buddies to get closer to me if they wanted some more. The more I have to shoot, the more of them they will have to trip over to get to me.

In a real event, it is what it is, black white or green. I see no problem with using facts.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Look for the leader... it's not a joke. Let it be known you'll take him out first, and as many after that you can ......

If I'm going down, I"m taking as many with me as I can. And I can reload. Period. But, I don't plan to stand down and be beat to death.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

cmb
    I'd like to know how you carry a tommy gun concealed? 24 rounds of 45! If you are going to carry a tommy gun load it up dude!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links