Woman threatens with AIDS: What do you do?

This is a discussion on Woman threatens with AIDS: What do you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Old lady threatening to give me AIDS? I'd probably start laughing uproariously and lock the door that leads behind the counter. Then I'd call the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Woman threatens with AIDS: What do you do?

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Old lady threatening to give me AIDS? I'd probably start laughing uproariously and lock the door that leads behind the counter. Then I'd call the police.

Unless the counter didn't have glass over it, in which case I'd lock the door, empty a bottle of pepper spray into her face, laugh uproariously, and call the police.
    Hakkaa päälle!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    lol really. some of these responses are hilarious. shoot her shoot her. uhh great, now three people who got splattered have it, good luck in court. Push her over if anything, spray with OC spray if you really gotta do something. Otherwise walk away. This is really not a threat, now a syringe, spray can of blood, biological bomb, those are deadly threats. "Give me the money or I am gonna cough on you?" lmao your gonna need an ambulance for me since i am laughing so much I can't breathe.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Shes old, just run away, you can out run her
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaddaBoom View Post
    Don't even think of using lethal force. There have been too many cases involving hookers with AIDS/HIV who knowingly have had unprotected sex and have gotten off in court (granted there are also some cases where they were convicted). With today's political correctness it is never the poor AIDS sufferer (see how they're described?) that are to be blamed. No, unless you have deep pockets for a team of attorneys, I wouldn't draw down on somebody like that in a situation being described.

Let's not forget it could be argued that you, by shooting said harbinger of disease, have threatened the life of those around you even if they weren't in the line of fire. Ever actually see someone get shot? There's always the inconvenience of blood being splattered or getting all over everything and it would be your luck the teller who you were trying to save gets some blood in her hair and now wants to bring a suit against you.

Now if you happen to be a LEO (and protected from those burdensome lawsuits) then all bets are off....plink away and get the teller's phone number afterwards.
    Cops are not always covered ...friend of mine i intern for at my local pd has been sued twice for doing the right thing
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    lol really. some of these responses are hilarious. shoot her shoot her. uhh great, now three people who got splattered have it, good luck in court. Push her over if anything, spray with OC spray if you really gotta do something. Otherwise walk away. This is really not a threat, now a syringe, spray can of blood, biological bomb, those are deadly threats. "Give me the money or I am gonna cough on you?" lmao your gonna need an ambulance for me since i am laughing so much I can't breathe.
    Yeah, that's another thing. Folks, if she really does have HIV, and you shoot her, now you've got blood just full of the HIV virus scattered everydamnwhere. How is that an improvement?
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Yeah, that's another thing. Folks, if she really does have HIV, and you shoot her, now you've got blood just full of the HIV virus scattered everydamnwhere. How is that an improvement?
    I'm glad to see people thinking of that. Not necessarily the best time to go and pump someone full of lead.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    I hope we all know, however, that in general a couple handgun shots to center mass do not produce that much sprays and splatters of blood... rifles, shotguns.. different story.. handguns.. not so much. That's hollywood. It can happen, sure, depending on where you shoot and what is hit (arteries, etc) but in general there is very little splatter and spray. You get pools of blood under shooting victims or drops and drips as the person moves or tries to run and as the blood runs out of the wound but very rarely is there a lot of splatter and spray. The bullet can act as its own plug to the wound and clothes do a lot to keep it contained.

I challenge you to look at the difference between stabbing/slashing, gunshot and blunt force trauma crime scene photos... some of the worst crime scene photos I've ever seen have been from blunt force trauma... cast off from the weapon goes EVERYWHERE!!!! (And no, I'm not talking about watching CSI.. I'm talking about REAL crime scene photos)

ETA: Blood would not be a huge factor in whether or not I would use lethal force. Remember that there are a lot of criminals we might be faced with that have HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis (pick a letter of the alphabet), or a number of other blood born pathogens or diseases. Your (and other's) skin is a pretty good defense against that and even getting it into your eyes or mouth is not a guarantee it will be contracted but it also depends on the disease in question.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I challenge you to look at the difference between stabbing/slashing, gunshot and blunt force trauma crime scene photos... some of the worst crime scene photos I've ever seen have been from blunt force trauma... cast off from the weapon goes EVERYWHERE!!!! (And no, I'm not talking about watching CSI.. I'm talking about REAL crime scene photos)
    Actually, I've seen a few. Not pretty sights. People will say that violence on TV desensitizes you to the real thing. I'm not sure that's really the case. There's a big difference.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Moderator
    Here's a pretty good LEO training PDF on HVIS (High Velocity Impact Spatter). Clicky!

It states that typically blood spatters in tiny droplets TOWARDS the shooter (unless, of course, the shot is through-and-through) to a maximum of about 4 ft.

An interesting read, for sure.

AIDS cannot be transmitted through a rag that has been coughed upon. Guessing I won't be capping granny for nothing.

Biohazard cleanup for it will not be cheap, though. That's on a corporate level, though.

Come to think of it, since it's at a bank, I don't really care what they have to pay to clean it up, since it's not going on my tab...
    Hakkaa päälle!

I have learned to think that everyone, babies through the elderly have HIV, Hep A B C D E etc. If it's warm, wet and gooey and it ain't yours..it ain't good.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links