Armed robbery of Subway (SC)

This is a discussion on Armed robbery of Subway (SC) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would have been an easy shot if the clerk had been armed. ROCK HILL | Gunman robs Rock Hill Subway restaurant | The Herald - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Armed robbery of Subway (SC)

Armed robbery of Subway (SC)

Would have been an easy shot if the clerk had been armed.

ROCK HILL | Gunman robs Rock Hill Subway restaurant | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    he voted for change and now he just wantin his from a Franklin or a Grant...
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Man the Ole Rebs are funny.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Oh yeah, had the clerk been armed with some training, he could have easily ended this dirtbag's night of 'easy money'...he (the dirtbag) was careless and did not keep an eye on the victim.
    When going back to pick up dropped bills, he should have been able to pick up some 'loose lead', too.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Another case of income redistribution without lead distribution.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I like the way he held the gun sideways..."GANGSTA" style! Dirt bag!!!
    Proud NRA member

Who pay's with cash anymore?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    "But officer (spoken by parent to arresting officers)--he couldn't do this he's a good kid and just turning his life around....."
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    That 'great video' would have consoled that kids' family so much if the guy had put a round in his head.

But, on a brighter note; at least the BG has sense enough to NOT carry chambered without a proper holster...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I think the clerk did exactly what he should of done. He's a [near] minimum-wage worker in a fast food joint that doesn't get paid to disarm/defend against criminals. Best case scenario is the bg gets shot (or cut w/ subway's gigantic bread knife), clerk gets fired. Worse case, clerk tries to do what he can, gets shot, if he lives....gets fired, else, family has to pay funeral bills.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

TVJ
    Red mist covering the inside of the safe...
    Last edited by TVJ; June 16th, 2011 at 11:29 PM.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    I like the way he held the gun sideways..."GANGSTA" style! Dirt bag!!!
    I noticed this as well. The thing the "gangstas" don't know is that not only is it very inaccurate to shoot a handgun like this, but it also makes it much easier to take it away from them. In our Aikido class, we practice taking guns away from people. In this case, if we were standing in front of this guy, we'd use our right hand with our palm facing right, to grab his gun and twist his wrist clockwise. Well, that is the first thing we do, followed very quickly by several other steps. The twisting of the wrist is the key element, though. The great thing about the "gangsta" style of holding a gun is that their wrist is already twisted inwards 90 degrees. This gives us an enormous advantage because now we only have to twist his wrist just barely in order to incapacitate him arm. But if a person is holding a gun correctly, we have to twist a lot harder and further.

Of course, if he were to be holding the gun the "correct" way with two hands then it would be much more difficult to take it away. In fact, so much that I probably wouldn't even attempt it unless I thought my life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRed7 View Post
    I think the clerk did exactly what he should of done. He's a [near] minimum-wage worker in a fast food joint that doesn't get paid to disarm/defend against criminals. Best case scenario is the bg gets shot (or cut w/ subway's gigantic bread knife), clerk gets fired. Worse case, clerk tries to do what he can, gets shot, if he lives....gets fired, else, family has to pay funeral bills.
    Compliance doesn't always work:>>link<<
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

While it doesn't always work....still less of a chance of harm vs. wrestling with someone that's armed when you're not. My response is based on my belief that the clerk had no training....not saying it's what **I** would do. If it were me.....ya...dude would be disarmed at a minimum. Then again....i'd be the guy that'd say "screw the rules...hired me to serve the public...guess what, you hired my sidearm as part of the package."

This is why i CC while at work....and I work amongst cubes/computer nerds (self included)...but have also seen SWAT called into a similar environment due to a "let go" employee before.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I noticed this as well. The thing the "gangstas" don't know is that not only is it very inaccurate to shoot a handgun like this, but it also makes it much easier to take it away from them. In our Aikido class, we practice taking guns away from people. In this case, if we were standing in front of this guy, we'd use our right hand with our palm facing right, to grab his gun and twist his wrist clockwise. Well, that is the first thing we do, followed very quickly by several other steps. The twisting of the wrist is the key element, though. The great thing about the "gangsta" style of holding a gun is that their wrist is already twisted inwards 90 degrees. This gives us an enormous advantage because now we only have to twist his wrist just barely in order to incapacitate him arm. But if a person is holding a gun correctly, we have to twist a lot harder and further.

Of course, if he were to be holding the gun the "correct" way with two hands then it would be much more difficult to take it away. In fact, so much that I probably wouldn't even attempt it unless I thought my life depended on it.
    There's too much counter between you and the BG to do the gun grab, at least initially, especially in the "prep" area. Young man behind the counter may not be old enough to get a permit. So, shooting the BG may not be an option, and drawing against the drop (DATD) is risky business anyway. That said, your life depends on it anytime someone pulls a weapon on you.

This guy knows how to DATD even across a counter space... He's been shot, but survived, the bad guys never did.

It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links