Already very glad to be carrying...almost drew at work today. - Page 9

Already very glad to be carrying...almost drew at work today.

This is a discussion on Already very glad to be carrying...almost drew at work today. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by KindOfBlue Tried going to prepay only for a week...a bunch of regular ol' timers complained. Crazy boss switched it back to non-prepay ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Already very glad to be carrying...almost drew at work today.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KindOfBlue View Post
    Tried going to prepay only for a week...a bunch of regular ol' timers complained. Crazy boss switched it back to non-prepay only, 24/7. Unheard of in these days!
    Since I spend a great deal on the road, there are a few gas stations where the owners/employees know me. Although they have pre-paid pumps, they turn the pumps on for me without me doing the pre-pay thing. Can't you guys just do that to your regulars?
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

are you sure your not related to Blart? all the advice you are being given is going in one ear and out the other. put the gun back in the safe and keep it there before you do something you can't say sorry and take it back.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

One thing I will say is this,we are a community of like minded people who believe we have the god given right to be able to defend ourselves with the right tools from grievous bodily injuy or death.
    Most Jurors have absolutely no gun handling experience or training and will believe anything a Cop or DA says about a firearm or a shooting because the Cop carries a gun and therefore must be an expert.Were looking at this situation as if you are sitting in the witness box explaining how the situation started and we are jurors,and its like that in all threads that somebody feels threatened enough to either draw,or look for the nearest escape route.
    It's better to be judged by 43,927 gun owners than 12 little old ladies in a jury box
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well stated, Sir.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by KindOfBlue View Post
    I work at a gas station, and this afternoon was my 6th day carrying on the job. Was very close to drawing today. Never thought I'd be glad I had my gun on me this quickly.

Today, this young punk (I'd say about 22) who's driven off without paying for gas about 3-4 times returned again. We only knew the make and model of his vehicle, as he covered his license plate up, but we were sure it was him. So, I went outside to his pump and snapped a picture of his license plate (not covered today) with my camera phone. He looked at me funny (which I expected he would), so I told him, "Oh, this is for if you ever decide to steal gas from here again. We're onto you and it wouldn't be wise to continue doing what you've been doing."
    Obviously, he denied ever doing it. He started getting very angry, yelling at me while I maintained cool & collected.
    Towards the end of this little 'confrontation' if you will, he looked at me with malice and advanced towards me quickly in a threatening way. I maintained eye contact, watching his hands and movements, while backed away from him. He raised his hands and balled them into fists. Getting into a fistfight while carrying a handgun is a big no-no in gun safety, IMO.
    Calmly, I placed my hand on the butt of my weapon, still holstered. (Before I walked out, I un-did the retention strap velcro, just in case...chances were he had some sort of knife on him, as I've heard he deals drugs, and I didn't want to play my odds). I looked straight at him and told him to get lost, before he did something stupid. He looked at me long and hard, then promptly got into his vehicle and left. Thankfully, I did not have to draw my weapon, and I made it home tonight without being injured or injuring someone else. Let me tell you though, having my handgun on me in this situation was a big reassurance; knowing that I'd be able to protect myself if I had to. Although I'm tall, I'm quite lanky, and this guy was big and chubby...chances are he'd be able to drop me just using his body weight.

If he would have advanced on me any further, I would have drawn my weapon and kept it pointed at the ground. This is where I want advice/feedback/what would you do. If you were in my situation, and he continued advancing on you, at what point would you have drawn? Was I justified in what I did and what I would have done if he didn't cease his advance?

Cheers!
    NOT Tactically Smart... first of all you made a few Gallons of Gas that you don't own your Alamo and, you let your Emotions dictate your actions. Taking a photo or writing down a Licenses should of been done without the driver's knowledge. Bottom line... Shooting/Killing someone over stealing a few gallons of gas... is it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    are you sure your not related to Blart? all the advice you are being given is going in one ear and out the other. put the gun back in the safe and keep it there before you do something you can't say sorry and take it back.
    And how did you arrive at this conclusion? Am I rejecting advice at all? I've been nothing but receptive and thankful for the advice I've gotten here.
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis (1959). If you haven't heard it, go listen!

Also, let me say that I didn't post this to get the same thing said to me 150 times. If it's already been said, I've carefully read it and taken knowledge from it, and I don't need to hear it from someone else. 9 pages of everyone saying the same thing is really starting to irritate me.
    THANK YOU, however, to everyone who has helped me in this thread by posting original and helpful replies. Your advice and words of wisdom are appreciated and have really caused me to think back upon this situation, and about situations in the future.
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis (1959). If you haven't heard it, go listen!

Senior Moderator
    Okay, everyone. I think he gets it.

In this forum we are certainly for pointing out errors in someone's ways (and we see that frequently) but I hope we are also about encouraging and educating as well.

Let's let this one die so we can move on to the education and encouragement.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links