"It comes with the territory." - Page 2

"It comes with the territory."

This is a discussion on "It comes with the territory." within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Stay armed and alert at all times. If someone comes around looking to make you a victim, be prepared to make them a victim of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: "It comes with the territory."

Stay armed and alert at all times. If someone comes around looking to make you a victim, be prepared to make them a victim of a legal self defense.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

"Assassinations" are tough to defend against. I'd pay a visit to bulletproofme.com and get a vest. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    What is VFW?

xsigma40cal, I'm not too sure I have any advice to give thats worth a damn, but I want to personally say thank you for pursuing fullest punishment and going the extra mile on this scumbag. If I read your post correctly, you were directly responsible getting him stuck with a felony, making him prohibited from ever purchasing a firearm. You've made the country a safer place!
    VFW = Veterans of Foreign Wars
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

As Guantes said , welcome to the club. I empathize with you, but no sympathy. Nothing personal, but I have developed somewhat of an "adversion" to lawyers over the course of my LE career.

Now you can understand what we go thru every waking moment of our lives, but with hundreds of thugs who want to see us hurt or dead, instead of one jail bird.

This sounds like a clear case of intimidation of an Officer of the Court, and I would pursue that venue.

Now, what you should have done, is stand up, look at him and tell him you don't deal with messenger boys, get lost, and the next time you see him, it will be one too many for him.

You better understand real quick that there is a place in the world, away from air conditioned court rooms, armed court room deputies, and the suit and tie world where these people thrive.
    They only understand one thing, and that's the law of the street.
    So ya gotta get hard, get dirty, and be able to send them packin on foot, or in a box.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    As Guantes said , welcome to the club. I empathize with you, but no sympathy. Nothing personal, but I have developed somewhat of an "adversion" to lawyers over the course of my LE career.

Now you can understand what we go thru every waking moment of our lives, but with hundreds of thugs who want to see us hurt or dead, instead of one jail bird.

This sounds like a clear case of intimidation of an Officer of the Court, and I would pursue that venue.

Now, what you should have done, is stand up, look at him and tell him you don't deal with messenger boys, get lost, and the next time you see him, it will be one too many for him.

You better understand real quick that there is a place in the world, away from air conditioned court rooms, armed court room deputies, and the suit and tie world where these people thrive.
    They only understand one thing, and that's the law of the street.
    So ya gotta get hard, get dirty, and be able to send them packin on foot, or in a box.
    Don't hold back brother, tell us how you really feel. LOL
    Words to live by.....literally.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Well, now that you know you may not be the most loved man in town (to a few people) I would just pay close attention to who is around you, you should be able to pick out potential BG's pretty easily. Just mind your own business when in a public place, but stay alert, that's all I would do.

Good job though, you did a good thing!
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Lol, Old School. It just struck a nerve with me about how some of these people act in court. They seem to look down on us who are charged with enforcing the law, codify these damn thugs that live off the backs of all of us, and at the same time look down their noses at us while enjoying the protection we provide.

I have litterally saved attorneys from having the shot stompped out of them in court, and then reprimanded for using too much force. Makes me sick, absolutely sick. They.....well, I'll shut up. But it makes me sick.
    And I'd just as soon knock the dog water out of some of their thug clients as look at them. Something is gonna have to change in this country, and letting these animals run amuck while good people break their backs everday and live in fear has got to change.
    SIGguy229, ncsteveh and Stubborn like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Just say no... To hug-a-thugs.

TVJ
    Lol, Old School. It just struck a nerve with me about how some of these people act in court. They seem to look down on us who are charged with enforcing the law, codify these damn thugs that live off the backs of all of us, and at the same time look down their noses at us while enjoying the protection we provide.

I have litterally saved attorneys from having the shot stompped out of them in court, and then reprimanded for using too much force. Makes me sick, absolutely sick. They.....well, I'll shut up. But it makes me sick.
    And I'd just as soon knock the dog water out of some of their thug clients as look at them. Something is gonna have to change in this country, and letting these animals run amuck while good people break their backs everday and live in fear has got to change.
    Spot on. Well said.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member

Too right. If we could only find elected officials that would take this stuff seriously.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I know a few of the good people working for the courts there who fight to put scum like George away. You sound like another one of the good guys, in spite of what anyone says about your profession!

Keep on fighting the good fight, xsig. Stay safe!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Reply "If George wasn't a [insert explative of your choice here], he'd tell me himself!"

Keep your head on a swivel and your firearm in reach. Stay safe. I'd also suggest a really good home security system. A few seconds warning is better than none.

I'm friends with a prosecutor and he carries a S&W 642. Knowing the types of things he deals with, I'd be packing something else along with it that puts lots of big holes in stuff quickly.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Sometimes, even retirement does not end your membership in the club.
    Old School likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Glad to hear you're in "criminal law". Make sure they all get a fair trial and a fine hangin!!!

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Sounds like felony domestic assault by strangulation and kidnapping or false imprisonment to me, as well.

He's asking for a dirt nap.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links