Video..Robbery at gas station gone wrong....for the THUG!!!!

This is a discussion on Video..Robbery at gas station gone wrong....for the THUG!!!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dayton's News Source :: Raw News - Caught On Tape: Victim Grabs Gun, Shoots Alleged Robber I stole this off another fourm..... gun used was ...

Thread: Video..Robbery at gas station gone wrong....for the THUG!!!!

Video..Robbery at gas station gone wrong....for the THUG!!!!

Dayton's News Source :: Raw News - Caught On Tape: Victim Grabs Gun, Shoots Alleged Robber

I stole this off another fourm.....

gun used was apparently Glock 36 loaded with Cor Bon PowRBall

2. Remove Ads

Awesome

Rule number one. When approached at a stop and rob by someone you do not know, regardless of any EO rules, DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON THEM...EVER!!!
    Rule number two. When approached at a stop and rob by someone you do not know, regardless of any EO rules, DO NOT GET IN YOUR CAR AND LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN!!!

Interesting example of "Defense of others" here. BG#2 clearly came to the aid of his buddy (who started it) but did not know who started it, just knew that his buddy was in a scuffle with someone a bit bigger than him, and in turn will be charged with assault for his efforts since he became an accomplice. Lesson = Don't associate with stupid people.

Lucky victim here. Made several grave mistakes and is going to be cleared of any criminal charges. Civil suit to follow. Stay tuned.

P.S. Who cares what ammo was used. .45 at point blank is going to do some damage.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

"It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Rule number one. When approached at a stop and rob by someone you do not know, regardless of any EO rules, DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON THEM...EVER!!!
    Rule number two. When approached at a stop and rob by someone you do not know, regardless of any EO rules, DO NOT GET IN YOUR CAR AND LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN!!!

Interesting example of "Defense of others" here. BG#2 clearly came to the aid of his buddy (who started it) but did not know who started it, just knew that his buddy was in a scuffle with someone a bit bigger than him, and in turn will be charged with assault for his efforts since he became an accomplice. Lesson = Don't associate with stupid people.

Lucky victim here. Made several grave mistakes and is going to be cleared of any criminal charges. Civil suit to follow. Stay tuned.

P.S. Who cares what ammo was used. .45 at point blank is going to do some damage.
    totally agreed :)

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    i don't visit that sub-fourm so i missed it.....

Yeah there is so many things that guy did wrong. Even in my area that I assume is safe, I will verbally command someone I do not know to stop in their tracks when walking towards me, if they don't, well lets hope that I do not get to that point.(I have found a few times just saying that with a affermative voice and stance that they just rethink their situation and turn around). Anytime someone tries to ask for money or to sell something, I am even more alerted to the situation that might be coming up(and I have had them a few times). What normal person tries to sell at a gas station or local fast food place?? Just saying. I hope that guy was calling the police as he drove away because otherwise he'll look like the bad guy.
    Either way fellow CC's....This area is great to gather ideas and go "man I never thought of that, good call' We can all hope these things will bring up our minds and hope to save our self some heartache down the road.

The good guy made several mistake we all agree..I also think it would have been smarter to stay there and await for the PD to show up while on phone to 911..lesson learned for us all here I think
    "Brains before Bullets"

Ooh-rah!

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    It's important to note that the attackers were so hopped up on crack and booze that they couldn't clearly define why they attacked the driver. This could be a lie ("the drugs made me do it") or it could be true. Point being that attackers are not clear thinking strategists with a start-to-finish plan and contingencies in case things go wrong. They often seize on what appears to be an opportunity, they employ a basic method, and generally "wing it." This is how robbery and burglary wind up turning into something far worse than what even the thief would have predicted, and it blows holes in the myth that "everything will be okay if you just give him what he wants."
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Links