Getting wet

This is a discussion on Getting wet within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have thought about this since reading the dilemma of carrying at a waterpark. How long does it take water to spoil ammunition? Does anyone ...

Thread: Getting wet

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Getting wet

I have thought about this since reading the dilemma of carrying at a waterpark.

How long does it take water to spoil ammunition? Does anyone make comercially available "waterproof" ammo?

Obviously the SEALs have solved this problem.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Laquer-sealed primers. The SEALs "solved" the problem by not bringing much live ammo back, when they go out- if you do, you'll have to unload and dry everything. Dry-bags can work.

A waterpark?? I would go with a Spyderco. Leave the gun in the car, or at home- more liability than potential benefit, in that setting. Just my $.02....

heheh, www.ammoman.com has waterproofed 147gr subsonic JHPs from a SEAL contract overrun

The most problem with ammo is the primer. Most personal defense has a sealed primer. The other thing is that your ammo should not be going below 10ft of water. SEAL's have and added delimma of deep sea diving and high pressure on the ammo. If they have a good primer seal and a well seated/crimped bullet, I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Links