Women fires gun during robbery......

This is a discussion on Women fires gun during robbery...... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sticks I'm Equal Opportunity. I do not discriminate against age, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or species. Put my life or those ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Women fires gun during robbery......

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I'm Equal Opportunity. I do not discriminate against age, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or species. Put my life or those of my loved ones in jeopardy, you are in my weight class now, game on.
    Fully agree

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Is the threat here the gun or the person or is it the hand holding it? Yes it is said that a gun will not do harm by its self but that it is the person, I say it is the hand that holds the gun. No matter who that hand belongs to, the threat needs to be stopped.

To me if it makes a difference on who's hand is holding the gun or causing a threat, you may want to rethink your carrying of a gun. Having a gun is to stop the threat and in most cases that requires shooting the person holding it, no matter who that person is.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I don't discriminate on the basis of gender.

VIP Member
    A 9MM or any other caliber bullet has the same results regardless of who shoots it. Sex and age don't come into play when there is a gun in hand. They've taken up the path of violent crime, and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Bang, Bang.
    Guantes likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Broward County. . . Why does that not surprise me?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

What amazes me is they talk about how much money she got away with. Once it was $125, another it was $325. Hard to believe anyone would risk their own life and the lives of others over such small amounts of cash. Wouldn't it actually be easier just to get a job?

Funny thing is.. I have to admit, thinking about the scenario. I really couldn't see this woman's face or anything. But I think I'd have a much harder time shooting a girl, especially if she was pretty. I guess I've always had a weakness for bad girls in hollywood movies. But, I suppose subconsciously I just wouldn't think a girl would be as likely to shoot me. Woman are statistically more soft hearted than men. But then there are the Casey Anthony's of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    ...Woman are statistically more soft hearted than men...
    Only towards puppies and children. Otherwise they are the most violent, conniving, viscous, sadistic, and manipulative people in the species.
    Nathanimal likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Committing an armed robbery and discharging the firearm is enough presumption of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury to me or others (alter ego rule). In a large store with others around I do not feel, however, that I am trained enough to act as the resident LEO and doubt if I would be charging straight ahead into a showdown with this lady. If the situation presented itself, where all my instincts and assessments show a clear opportunity to end this, I would have no qualms about doing so. Easy to write about this and it is another thing to be in the middle of it.

Senior Moderator
    Discharging the gun during the commission of a crime in Florida carries a minimum, mandatory 20 year prison term.

She probably knows this, and would thus be highly motivated to avoid capture......
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

adric22,

I thought you might find this article of interest.

As Sticks said women can be just as if not more so at times as vicious and cold blooded as any man.

Notorious Women Serial Murderesses Who Kill, Aileen Wuornos.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Ya know...its one thing to hold someone up with a gun.

Firing a shot into the air and demanding that everyone do what shes says elevates things to a whole different ballgame. Putting people on the floor,making one get on his knees....
    she is clearly up to no good and desparate.It's just a matter of time until someone dosent do something to suit her and gets shot.

I say shoot. Look at it as a pre emptive strike. Taking her out could save someones life.

Bad Guy firing a shot is a clear greenlight I have to act.

Tactics control when at that point.

She has less rounds in her revolver than I do in my Glock 19. Get off X and shoot to Neutralize or Incentivize her to get out of the store.

I notice at least at the cash register she puts her gun easily within hand's reach.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

If I was sure I could get a clean shot, bang-bang. She's firing a gun in Gamestop...putting children's lives in jeopardy. Rather have the BG in A hole than have our taxpayer dollars support incarceration. Robbing Gamestop may be part of her strategy....I wouldn't want to provoke a gun fight with kids present.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    But I think I'd have a much harder time shooting a girl, especially if she was pretty. I guess I've always had a weakness for bad girls in hollywood movies. But, I suppose subconsciously I just wouldn't think a girl would be as likely to shoot me. Woman are statistically more soft hearted than men. But then there are the Casey Anthony's of the world.

'natural selection'...it's not just for all the other species.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Statistically speaking, its just a matter of time until she kills someone.

I'd feel bad shooting her...

about as bad as I would feel shooting a man.
    Well said me too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links