Road rage incident last week

This is a discussion on Road rage incident last week within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by msgt/ret ...a call to 911 would have warned the LEOs to a possible escalation if he continues his aggression... There was no ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Road rage incident last week

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    ...a call to 911 would have warned the LEOs to a possible escalation if he continues his aggression...
    There was no aggression. The guy ranted, gesticulated, did not approach Snider's car. Calling 911 to report a guy acting crazy on the the road would only inhibit official response to a real emergency the next 911 caller could be waiting to report.

2. Remove Ads

Road Rage is never a good thing to act on, or get involve with up close, we (CC) have to be smarter than that idiot, yes i know its hard keeping your cool at times, but some nitwit's road rage can ruin your whole day if you take it personal. It's better to egress, de-escalate, retreat, ignore. Be Tactically smart, be in control of your Emotions, and don't let a situation control your actions.

Probably illegal carry, never the less.
    here is a good day gone bad... 2 shot, 1 fatally, in apparent road rage incident in Kew Gardens, Queens | 7online.com

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    There was no aggression. The guy ranted, gesticulated, did not approach Snider's car. Calling 911 to report a guy acting crazy on the the road would only inhibit official response to a real emergency the next 911 caller could be waiting to report.

The guy got out of his car in traffic and raged verbally.

He deserves a call.

Dispatch and the PD determine and prioritize where they need to go.

911 call is appropriate and discretionary.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey 9: Pushing your cell phone front and center and taking pictures does not sound like a good idea. Depending on what kind of a crazy road rage nut you are dealing with, this can elevate the rage and cause more problems.
    I have mixed feeling about this. I think in most cases (8 outta 10) it would cause the person to re-think their situation. BUT you are correct that in some cases, it will push the person over the edge. Good news is that if the person goes wacko, you have additional evidence.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Snider, at the very least you handled the initial aspect of it better than i would have most likely handled it. You only yelled in your car. I may have extended the international "You are number one" sign to him. Other than not calling 911 at least after the incident, I think you did fine.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links