Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions - Page 2

Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions

This is a discussion on Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perhaps it would be time to take a page from the BG's play book ......... hidden hands....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions

sgb
    Perhaps it would be time to take a page from the BG's play book ......... hidden hands.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Perhaps it would be time to take a page from the BG's play book ......... hidden hands.
    Random thoughts:

That's a good example (hidden hands). Feigning compliance, while actually preparing to defend. Certainly not something BG would expect. Would require training for accuracy. Works for appendix carry, not so much for 3 O'clock +.

DATD with a shotgun leveled at you seems (and probably is) suicidal. It did work in the Omaha Walgreen's robbery, but the shotty wasn't loaded. In this scene, it is.

Best hope seems to be when the BGs are distracted by the register. Don't think I would personally try the scoot out the door thing.

If you were aware enough as they came through the door, as mentioned, that would be your first opportunity. But again, you better be fast and you better be accurate...

If you were almost anywhere but at the register, you have distance (and hence) time to make your best shots.

Likelihood of BGs coming through the door, guns out and at the ready, seems slim. Most vids seem to show BG ambling about, pretending to consider purchases while "casing;" then puling up his shirt at the register to draw and point/wave/flail firearm demanding register contents.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Also, @ :24 seconds in, surviving victim is frozen... could have maybe moved (dove?) to the aisle behind him buying space and time to draw...

Also, one of the patrons did escape. Blue jacket. one of the first aisles.

Too bad Lee, the surviving victim didn't have a pocket piece, or one in appendix carry, you see his hand come out of jacket pocket early in video...

It seems to me that as they ordered folks to the floor, they then passed them without making certain they were "in compliance" creating opportunity.

I can't say what I would do for certain without being there.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

This and some other recent robbery videos seem to indicate a trend toward "take over" robberies rather the more conventional type.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Here's a convenience store robberies statistic for you.

- two or more robbers constitute only 40% of convenience store robberies, yet 75% of the shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Here's a convenience store robberies statistic for you.

- two or more robbers constitute only 40% of convenience store robberies, yet 75% of the shootings.
    white-citation-needed-men-s-t-shirts_design.png
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Does one really know how you will react in a "possible" life threatening situation? I was highly trained and questioned how I would react the first time I got shot at in Vietnam. Would I panic, freeze, get mad or what. It didn't take long to find out. Got scared and angry and performed like I was trained to do. Of course that was a military action and I was performing my duty (and saving our lives in the process). I can't honestly say what I would do because of so many variables. Hope to never find out...
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    I agree with azchevy, for me getting on the floor is a no no, once there I am stuck. ... It will be what it will be, today may be the day I die, but it will be with a fight. I have made the mentall choice before it ever comes NO GETTING ON THE FLOOR OR GOING TO THE BACK ROOM, without a fight.
    That's the way it was for me. I was dead at that moment, nothing else to lose.

I agree with everyone who stated they would act to protect their lives. I can't imagine not attempting to survive (end the bg breathing) when you have the slighest opportunity to do so. My family would expect nothing less... and my spouse would be mad if I didn't make the attempt to survive. Doing nothing, i.e. complying, is the ABSOLUTE last resort... IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I agree with Claude Clay. As I have said many times before, I will not leave my well being to the benevolence of armed criminals.

I will be looking for an edge, one or both criminals with their attention/vision somewhere other than on me, then make my move.

TVJ,
    If you try it FOF/airsoft, in the proximity as in the incident with two shooters, I believe that you will find that two seconds to rise and cover eight feet to flee won't cut it. You will be shot multiple times, at least that is my belief.

Guantes,

I set it up and try it in three weeks at my Amok! Sidearm/Knife FoF three day CQB seminar.

Thx for questioning me.

I agree with Claude - if you see them coming in - Get off The X and engage is key to lower personal risk.

I notice the door they enter is covered with a poster. Difficult to see their hands as they enter.

Once in the door, that shotgun is up. Engaging then seems very high risk at that point since in hindsight we know Perp executes two people with it.

I allow myself the objective, tactical option of retreat as a possible technique in self defense to lower/eliminate risk efficiently and quickly - same with feigned compliance.

When they go for the money, that is a very large "edge". Its the lowest risk moment to act in the video that I see. This seems somewhat universal in the videos I watch. "The Waffle House" one, the rifleguy tucked the rifle under his armpit as he robbed patrons individually. One of the perps that went to the register put his gun down.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member
    Scenario really sucks to be in.

TVJ, the sprinters crouch and GO , as you say may work, but what if you are with your family???

Mad-dashing to the door ain't gonna cut it.

Gotta come up swinging on this one.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

This scenario scares me to death. My summer carry is a 5 shot LCR tucked in my cargo shorts pocket. In this situation, I'd like to think I start shooting until the threat is stopped. Unfortunately, when shooting at the range, those 5 shots take place SUPER fast, and I fear I may not have any 38 +Ps left for potential BG #3. I have a 14 shot Bersa 9mm that I could trust my life with, but in all reality it is big, heavy, and the grip pokes my side so I find myself carrying it very rarely. I guess theres never any guarantee that you'll have enough bullets, whether you carry a .22 derringer or a 19 round glock. I just hope if I ever am in this situation, the BG will do what 90% of BGs do when faced with an armed victim.... RLH!

The most interesting part of this video is how the police were there way too late. Just reinforcement for the reason I chose to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Scenario really sucks to be in.

TVJ, the sprinters crouch and GO , as you say may work, but what if you are with your family???

Mad-dashing to the door ain't gonna cut it.

Gotta come up swinging on this one.

My decision tree has one branch if any family members are with me. That has other issues as well -like say - being willing to be a bullet trap for them while I go to work and neutralize. Their trauma of watching me get killed in front of them. Why did my husband fight and not just comply...etc.

As far as coming up swinging on this one, I agree (but intend to test my retreat ability). The second clerks position or the guy who survived both offered ambush within six feet (approx) of the perps while they focused on the register for nine seconds.

Just as large an issue for me is coming up swinging on EVERY one or at least any that have shotgun/rifle/gunfire/proneout. Hindsight is 20/20 on this one. I deal with the idea of triggers like shotgun/rifle/gunfire/proneout as "greenlight" triggers versus ANY/EVERY situation as a "greenlight" period. Im leaning towards the latter.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    This scenario scares me to death. My summer carry is a 5 shot LCR tucked in my cargo shorts pocket. In this situation, I'd like to think I start shooting until the threat is stopped. Unfortunately, when shooting at the range, those 5 shots take place SUPER fast, and I fear I may not have any 38 +Ps left for potential BG #3. I have a 14 shot Bersa 9mm that I could trust my life with, but in all reality it is big, heavy, and the grip pokes my side so I find myself carrying it very rarely. I guess theres never any guarantee that you'll have enough bullets, whether you carry a .22 derringer or a 19 round glock. I just hope if I ever am in this situation, the BG will do what 90% of BGs do when faced with an armed victim.... RLH!
    I suggest less hope, more "comfortable" higher round equipment you enjoy shooting well with.

Treat yourself to a shopping trip.
    - Frederic Bastiat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links