Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions - Page 3

Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions

This is a discussion on Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Five rounds of +p seems a little thin for me, but I would not feel bad with my GP100 with six rounds of BB125s....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions

Five rounds of +p seems a little thin for me, but I would not feel bad with my GP100 with six rounds of BB125s.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

SA in all stores, and gas stations, watch exits and be ready, may give a few seconds to react.

Too old to get down, and to stubborn to comply: therefore, it draw and fire to slide lock as they enter the door.

May not go home to family, but the BGs will know they were in a fight for their lives!!!!!!

If I have family in store, then stopping them at the door is all important!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    I agree with azchevy, for me getting on the floor is a no no, once there I am stuck. To old and fat to get up again, I therefore would fight before going down. It will be what it will be, today may be the day I die, but it will be with a fight. I have made the mentall choice before it ever comes NO GETTING ON THE FLOOR OR GOING TO THE BACK ROOM, without a fight.
    The police officer that taught my CPL class said "nothing good ever happens when they herd you into a back room". For him that was the point at which he would cease to comply.
    I've also seen it stated as "Never let the bad guy create a second crime scene". This applies to car jackings/ kidnappings. Never let them take you to a place where they have more control. Your best chance to fight or escape is when you are in public and still not bound or contained. You may still die but at least they don't have the option of covering their tracks and hiding the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    The police officer that taught my CPL class said "nothing good ever happens when they herd you into a back room". For him that was the point at which he would cease to comply.
    I've also seen it stated as "Never let the bad guy create a second crime scene". This applies to car jackings/ kidnappings. Never let them take you to a place where they have more control. Your best chance to fight or escape is when you are in public and still not bound or contained. You may still die but at least they don't have the option of covering their tracks and hiding the evidence.
    This goes for any secondary location, whether it's getting carjacked and taken for a ride or moved into the back room of a store. The situation is dire enough to begin with, once they start herding you somewhere people are really in trouble. That's when something has to be done.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    I have a 14 shot Bersa 9mm that I could trust my life with, but in all reality it is big, heavy
    I've been thinking about the Bersa CC (8+1) in .380
    Just about the same size/weight as a J frame, with a higher capacity and longer barrel than a LCP/P3AT/TCP.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    This scenario scares me to death. My summer carry is a 5 shot LCR tucked in my cargo shorts pocket. In this situation, I'd like to think I start shooting until the threat is stopped. Unfortunately, when shooting at the range, those 5 shots take place SUPER fast, and I fear I may not have any 38 +Ps left for potential BG #3. I have a 14 shot Bersa 9mm that I could trust my life with, but in all reality it is big, heavy, and the grip pokes my side so I find myself carrying it very rarely. I guess theres never any guarantee that you'll have enough bullets, whether you carry a .22 derringer or a 19 round glock. I just hope if I ever am in this situation, the BG will do what 90% of BGs do when faced with an armed victim.... RLH!
    TAURUS 709 Slim, might work for you. Lightweight, 7+1, and a spare magazine fits nicely in a small cellphone belt case.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

what a horrible situation.......

its easy to armchair quarterback this, but i could just imagine coming up with my Glock 23 and firing at the shotgun-thug until he falls, then focusing on the revolver-wielding perp........

the customer is lucky to be alive......

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Wynn
    This scenario scares me to death. My summer carry is a 5 shot LCR tucked in my cargo shorts pocket. In this situation, I'd like to think I start shooting until the threat is stopped. Unfortunately, when shooting at the range, those 5 shots take place SUPER fast, and I fear I may not have any 38 +Ps left for potential BG #3. I have a 14 shot Bersa 9mm that I could trust my life with, but in all reality it is big, heavy, and the grip pokes my side so I find myself carrying it very rarely. I guess theres never any guarantee that you'll have enough bullets, whether you carry a .22 derringer or a 19 round glock. I just hope if I ever am in this situation, the BG will do what 90% of BGs do when faced with an armed victim.... RLH!
    What to carry,I think is something that we all have to decide on our own. For me what I carry is not because it is comfortable to carry, but because it is comforting to have when and if the SHTF.

I have and and have had many guns more easy and comfortable to carry than what I now carry, but I could not get over the fact that I would be in trouble if I was ever in a gunfight situation. (I could not see them giving me what I needed to end the fight, if it was a fight. There a difference in someone running at the sight of your gun and someone fighting you to a stand still.) My thoughts on the carrying a gun problem is, get over it, find a way to carry something big enough you can shoot it accurately and have enough ammo on board to end the fight. If you find that to be more than you want to do and being comfortable is the most important thing in life then don't carry anything, you can be comfortable as long as you live.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I agree with Claude Clay. As I have said many times before, I will not leave my well being to the benevolence of armed criminals.

I will be looking for an edge, one or both criminals with their attention/vision somewhere other than on me, then make my move.

TVJ,
    If you try it FOF/airsoft, in the proximity as in the incident with two shooters, I believe that you will find that two seconds to rise and cover eight feet to flee won't cut it. You will be shot multiple times, at least that is my belief.
    I have to agree with this. I am not leaving the decision as to whether I live to see my children grow up or not up to some robbing scum bag. I will look for my chance when they are occupied and I will try to kill them. Period. I'm not going to be someone who dies lying face down on the dirty floor of a convenience store hoping that some scum bag shows mercy on me and doesn't murder me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

You know the worst thing about these robberies is that nobody ever notices these guys wearing masks and carrying guns until they are already in the store. I wonder if in the future there may be some kind of computerized system that could recognize a threat like that and lock the doors and sound a warning alarm. Just food for thought.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    As to the subject of what to carry here is the link to a situation of one of our own (booyah), late at night run in with a drunk. His last comment in his opening post for me says it all.

Altercation last night, almost went bad fast. Recap and lessons learned

I also remember myself thinking "Man I wish I had the 45" as my hand hovered by the 380
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I read a thread on another forum entitled "The New J-Frame......is a G19".

Point being was that more firepower trumps convenience of size in a true defense minded individual.

I own a S&W 340PD and it does get carry time occasionally largely due to the hot, muggy weather in S.E. Florida......but honestly, the premise of more firepower makes simple sense to me on all levels.

The gun you carry is a LOT better than no gun at all....but when dealing with multiple attackers, a 5 shot revolver with a heavy trigger is not where I want to be.
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

Thank you for the thread. It made me fearful, but determined to always be ready. Sometimes I walk in a store oblivious to my environment, sometimes I'm hyper aware. I will always carry where I can, and strive to be aware of what can happen.

Living in Detroit I can expect this sorta thing happening anywhere. I used to carry 15 shot Kimber in 45 till the frame broke and they sent back a stainless single stack that is my carry every day everywhere.

The fellow that was telling the story saw them coming into the store the reaction on his face looked to me as if he was going to draw but he didn’t.

At that very moment in time I would have pulled and started empting my gun into them while they were trying to get through the door. (That would be 9 shots to slide lock followed by a reload.) I would expect that any of them that were still able to leave would do so in short order. As someone stated earlier they would be stumbling all over themselves trying to get through that choke point. Just the sight of someone drawing may start that action without firing a shot.

I used to enjoy posting on these scenarios, until I came to the realization that no matter how much you plan and train, everything changes (READ - nothing will go according to plan) after the first shot you take. Way too many variables/possibilities to occur, what with everyone involved making their own decisions on how they are going to react, without consulting you.

I've never been mugged, or present during a robbery. I've never had my life threatened, and got randomly jumped so to speak in the restroom at a nightclub by some drunk first timer [21] fooling around (he was a flinch away from an extended hospital stay). Heck, I've only been in two physical altercations in my life, both in Jr. High.

I do my best to keep my SA up, I don't get near enough range time (once a month IDPA), and CQB/FOF and other extended training opportunities in CO are few and far between.

I do refuse to be a victim under any circumstance, and certainly hope that if the time comes I make the best possible choices, and my shot placement if it goes that far, are at least as good as my cold shots at my IDPA matches, and I don't end up on some Youtube video of surveillance camera footage of "CCW changes outcome of robbery" doing nothing resembling what I have learned and trained.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links