Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions

This is a discussion on Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a question, what if you dont catch them coming in the door, and the only time you think you have a good element of ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Real Scenario: CStore - Robbery and Executions

Just a question, what if you dont catch them coming in the door, and the only time you think you have a good element of surprise and the best chance of takedown is when there back it towards you, knowing they are gun wielding, you take the shot into the back/back of head?

2. Remove Ads

Whatever presents the best target that you can hit.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Just a question, what if you dont catch them coming in the door, and the only time you think you have a good element of surprise and the best chance of takedown is when there back it towards you, knowing they are gun wielding, you take the shot into the back/back of head?
    If I am more than arms reach away from them, I'm shooting them center mass instead of the head. While the head may be a good target for a one shot stop, you can't underestimate the level of stress which will be bearing down on you.

The fact that this is the moment you are really going to take a life, is going to be a significant amount of stress. Can I be sure I'll make a good solid hit on the back of his head at distances beyond contact distance? Standing on the range and shooting at paper, sure I can. But in real life?

I'd rather go for a quick double or triple tap to the largest mass presented to me, and reassess from there.

If I can close the gap to make it a contact shot, with just a few steps, and surreptitiously, then I may go for a head shot. But the one thing I don't want to do in a situation as compelling and as dynamic as this one, is to take a shot and miss my target completely.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

If I can close the gap to make it a contact shot, with just a few steps, and surreptitiously, then I may go for a head shot. But the one thing I don't want to do in a situation as compelling and as dynamic as this one, is to take a shot and miss my target completely.
    Well, you will certainly have their complete and undivided attention.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links