Man on front porch

This is a discussion on Man on front porch within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Game cameras are great for knowing what already happened. I'd consider something like a Q-See wireless camera (google QSDT404C--$103 on Amazon) for at least the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Man on front porch

Game cameras are great for knowing what already happened. I'd consider something like a Q-See wireless camera (google QSDT404C--$103 on Amazon) for at least the front door. If she can afford it, I'd get one of the cheap Q-See DVR systems. For $350 you can have 4 cameras and a DVR allowing you to view live or recorded video. They're also a great deterrent.

I'm not a fan of game cameras for the house. Perhaps if the guy who was broken into had real surveillance instead of a game camera the deputies never would have grabbed their rifles out of the trunk and aimed them in my direction. But, that was just one unfortunate night.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Is it possibile your grandmother has Dementia? My stepmother had it before she passed away and insisted that there was a guy who would come into her house and sleep on the sofa sometimes then leave in the morning. It's sad but it happens to people.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    First and foremost, make sure that property is posted "no trespassing". That way if he shows up again he is at least breaking the law and the police should come out and fix his malfunction. The other suggestion would be to get a good dog that will alert your mother to the trespasser giving her enough time to phone the police, and you never know, the dog alone may be enough to persuade the loafer to scram and stay away.

I would strongly suggest to mother not to open the door and try to handle it herself. That may be just what the guy wants her to do.
    This^^

and a

GameCamera is an AWESOME idea!
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

OP: Any updates?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links