Trusting my instincts... - Page 2

Trusting my instincts...

This is a discussion on Trusting my instincts... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In a Wally World parking lot, if anyone needs assistance...they can go into the store for their 'needed help'....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Trusting my instincts...

In a Wally World parking lot, if anyone needs assistance...they can go into the store for their 'needed help'.
    Sejune likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Man, I was just gonna ask if you had a set of jumper cables. Sorry about the double birds.
    Sejune likes this.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I would have at least returned their kind gesture.

I would have given him a twin birds too
    Sejune likes this.

Administrator
    The number of assault, theft, robbery, etc. crimes that happen in WalMart parking lots every year is phenomenal.
    Sejune likes this.

We've had such crimes in WalMart parking lots and in other strip mall parking lots in daylight around here. You showed good judgment.
    Sejune likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The number of assault, theft, robbery, etc. crimes that happen in WalMart parking lots every year is phenomenal.
    Walmart got it's own section in the town's police report where I used to live, and it's own color on the crime map. Car accidents, theft, robbery, battery ,domestic, public drunkenness, loitering, drug possession; the big box store is just a magnet.

Only thing I would have added was a suspicious persons report and vehicle description, and plate if possible. You were the mark that got away, the next guy might not be as savvy.
    Sejune likes this.

Glock Certified Armorer

One goes against their instincts at their peril.
    Sejune and Chaplain Scott like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    Only thing I would have added was a suspicious persons report and vehicle description, and plate if possible. You were the mark that got away, the next guy might not be as savvy.
    I agree a call to the non-emergency number may have been in order, for a LE drive by.
    Sejune likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

My instincts have saved my butt a couple of times.

If they needed help they could have asked Walmart security to call AAA, tow, 911 or whom-ever.

I hate to ignore people who need help, but when something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't.
    Sejune likes this.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Good instincts can save you.You mentioned they were not 'clean cut',remember,clean cut people can kill you just as easy.
    Sejune likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

3 guys are perfectly capable of handling any problems they run into in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

I would've done the same thing, as would most others here.
    Sejune likes this.

Your spidey senses are there for a reason. You followed them and I agree with you. You did the right thing. Something seemed rotten in Denmark and I'm glad you didn't have to find out exactly what.
    Sejune and Chaplain Scott like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    I always try to trust my instincts. Last night, when I drove by a car parked furthest away from Walmart and any other vehicles, and the car had 3 "not-so-clean-cut" guys sitting in it, and one got out and starts waved at me to come over...I trusted my instincts. So as I drove past the car and I looked in my rear-view mirror, I watched as the guy flipped me two hands worth of the middle-finger. I'm glad I trust my instincts.

Did they need help? Maybe. Did they have nefarious intentions? Maybe. I however chose to trust my instincts that said to just keep driving and not get involved. Some probably think I am paranoid, but I think it was fair risk assessment and I personally don't want to walk into a situation that may require me to defend myself.

My instincts have also led me to help those in actual need. I hope my insight continues to serve me well!

IMO, you did the right thing. As for the middle finger; ignore the moron and don't even acknowledge the gesture. If the clown did it after you passed by and wasn't sure if you saw it, provided you didn't flip him off back, there's a good chance he totally felt ignored by you, and that eats at those kinds of folks worse than anything.
    Sejune likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Good instincts can save you.You mentioned they were not 'clean cut',remember,clean cut people can kill you just as easy.
    Most exelent point. One I need to be reminded of from time to time.

Crime in Walmart parking lots? Say it aint so... do you actually mean that a car with a flashing yellow light driving around wont deter criminals?
    mr.stuart likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    What water?
    Not to hijack the thread but I know what your saying. When I worked on my Uncles farm in SE Kansas as a kid I learned that a Kansas rain is defined as 6 visible wet spots on a brick
    joker1 and Bubbiesdad like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links