Trusting my instincts...

This is a discussion on Trusting my instincts... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always try to trust my instincts. Last night, when I drove by a car parked furthest away from Walmart and any other vehicles, and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Trusting my instincts...

Trusting my instincts...

I always try to trust my instincts. Last night, when I drove by a car parked furthest away from Walmart and any other vehicles, and the car had 3 "not-so-clean-cut" guys sitting in it, and one got out and starts waved at me to come over...I trusted my instincts. So as I drove past the car and I looked in my rear-view mirror, I watched as the guy flipped me two hands worth of the middle-finger. I'm glad I trust my instincts.

Did they need help? Maybe. Did they have nefarious intentions? Maybe. I however chose to trust my instincts that said to just keep driving and not get involved. Some probably think I am paranoid, but I think it was fair risk assessment and I personally don't want to walk into a situation that may require me to defend myself.

My instincts have also led me to help those in actual need. I hope my insight continues to serve me well!
    garyacman likes this.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

2. Remove Ads

Some probably think I am paranoid
    I think you were wise. 3 plug uglys in a Walmart parking lot signaling you to come over and then flipping double birds at you. Avoiding contact seems like a no brainer to me.
    Sejune and atctimmy like this.

I believe you did the right thing. Our instincts are there for a reason, and the guy's behavior after you passed by seemed to validate your wise choice.
    Sejune likes this.

You made the right call in that situation!
    Sejune likes this.

Seems like the right decision to me. And his actions spoke loudly about what type of individual he was.
    Sejune likes this.

I broke my crystal ball in one of my moves. Haven't been able to read minds since.
    So, like you, I have to trust my instincts.
    I think you did the wise thing.

"Be wise as a serpent, as innocent as a dove."
    Sejune and garyacman like this.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

When it doubt, don't do. Can't go wrong that way.
    Sejune likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

If they really needed help they'd have walked into the Walmart.
    Sejune and Bubbiesdad like this.

TVJ
    Boring Avoidance.

Self Defense 101.

Flipping you off was your double exclamation point at the end of: Congratulations, you read the situation correctly before the middle fingers !!
    Sejune likes this.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

I would have done the same thing, good call
    Sejune likes this.

Administrator
    I would have at least returned their kind gesture.

"Just blame Sixto"

Well I don't know how you did it but you did. What do I mean? You avoided the trouble you were looking for. You resisted the the urge to knowingly go into a bad situation and use your vigilante powers to exact your brand of justice on the poor downtrodden urban youth just looking for a break in life to get out of the shadows of an abusive childhood and the pressures of society. You should have stopped to help these innocents by offering your car, wallet, and your head for them to bludgeon until they released their pent up anger from years of oppression. I thought all of us right-wing-conservative-radicals that clung to our guns and religion were cold blooded killers just waiting for the opportunity. Maybe the nay-sayers are wrong.

Great job!
    Sejune likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

If they had car trouble, wouldn't they be outside the car with the hood open?
    If it was a medical emergency then they should send one guy into walmart to call 911. Of course now a days almost everyone has a cell phone.
    I think the most obvious clue was they were parked well away from the other cars. I know this is common for people that have new, fancy luxury cars or sports cars like corvettes. Then again I don't ever recall seeing a corvette in a walmart parking lot.

You did the right thing in this case. We are not bound by moral standards to help people. That doesn't mean I will not, but in the case as you described it I think you made the right call.
    Sejune likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post

Well I don't know how you did it but you did. What do I mean? You avoided the trouble you were looking for. You resisted the the urge to knowingly go into a bad situation and use your vigilante powers to exact your brand of justice on the poor downtrodden urban youth just looking for a break in life to get out of the shadows of an abusive childhood and the pressures of society. You should have stopped to help these innocents by offering your car, wallet, and your head for them to bludgeon until they released their pent up anger from years of oppression. I thought all of us right-wing-conservative-radicals that clung to our guns and religion were cold blooded killers just waiting for the opportunity. Maybe the nay-sayers are wrong.

Great job!
    Joker1, what is in the water in your part of Kansas??

OP, your instincts seem sound. Happy travels!
    Sejune likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Joker1, what is in the water in your part of Kansas??

OP, your instincts seem sound. Happy travels!
    What water?
    DaRedneck likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links