Attempted Rape - Page 4

Attempted Rape

This is a discussion on Attempted Rape within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bark'n Again, I stand by the fact that as soon as she got her hand on the gun, she should have emptied ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Attempted Rape

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

Again, I stand by the fact that as soon as she got her hand on the gun, she should have emptied the cylinder into his head and center mass. Before he had a chance to "give up" if that's what you want to call it.
    Oh, if she had drawn and fired I would still be saying way to go Aunt J. I was just voicing my surprised that she didn't, and concern that perhaps the reason she didn't was because she didn't have the resolve to actually take another humans (if you can call him that) life. I in no way meant to imply that she wouldn't have been justified in shooting him off her. I was just concerned as to why she didn't.
    In this case given the eventual outcome I think the route she took probably was the least traumatic of the options available.
    I guess there is a argument to be made that by letting him live, she now needs to worry about him when he gets out on parole. She also did not get the satisfaction of physically and personally making him "Pay" for what he did.
    In any event I'm glad it turned out as well as it did for her.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Oh, if she had drawn and fired I would still be saying way to go Aunt J. I was just voicing my surprised that she didn't, and concern that perhaps the reason she didn't was because she didn't have the resolve to actually take another humans (if you can call him that) life. I in no way meant to imply that she wouldn't have been justified in shooting him off her. I was just concerned as to why she didn't.
    In this case given the eventual outcome I think the route she took probably was the least traumatic of the options available.
    I guess there is a argument to be made that by letting him live, she now needs to worry about him when he gets out on parole. She also did not get the satisfaction of physically and personally making him "Pay" for what he did.
    In any event I'm glad it turned out as well as it did for her.
    I agree, failing to go ahead and shoot the guy may have been the least emotionally traumatic options she took. But It was also probably the most dangerous option to take as well. One of the saddest things for EMS and Law Enforcement come across are murder victims who had a gun at their disposal but were unable to bring them self to use it.

She was definitely lucky as much as anything else. And she did use a firearm to prevent her from possibly being killed. It was a good thing.

It's just sad that she didn't go ahead and help clean out the gene pool.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    good that she i ok

and what you see as a mistake--not pulling the trigger....wasn't

it is why no authorities will press any charges against her for not having a permit or taking his car.
    and i bet she gets offered a permit in the process. and he'll get his in prison. hope its a long stay.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

l don't necessarily agree that the reason they didn't file charges for taking the car and gun is because she didn't pull the trigger. But that's okay. He got caught, and didn't complete that act.

Whether he does a lot of time in prison remains to be seen.

I do hope the OP will keep us updated on what happens.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm a little late to the thread but nice story and GREAT job Aunt J! I, too, believe she should have just emptied that cylinder into his face but definitely glad she escaped the situation! I just hope the cops give her a break, give her a lecture and allow her to get her ccw; It seems like the prudent thing to do in this case.

Keep us updated OP.

Nice Aunt J! But for future reference...BOOM! Using The Holy Bible to help out with his rape attempt? What a freaking puke bag!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Nice Aunt J! But for future reference...BOOM! Using The Holy Bible to help out with his rape attempt? What a freaking puke bag!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that... he's gonna be smoking a turd cigar in hell for that one.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Thanks everyone

Thanks for the encouragement for Aunt J, I'll be sure to pass that along.

I will definately post more when I can, it may be a while. Aunt J is still recovering at her daughter's house, which was her destination when all this went down. I don't know what more has been done, haven't received any word lately, and don't want to push the issue at this time. I'm sure you can inagine that the emotions are wildly up and down still, so I'll wait until things get back to somewhat normal before trying to get more details on the outcome.

Stay safe.
    What the **** - How did I end up on this soapbox again?!?!?

Karma = him being raped in prison.

She didn't have to hide the fact she was carrying; she probably explained how she got out of his car.
    He cooperated with barrel up his nose so she didn't shoot; just showed good restrain.
    Ah, tell your aunt that we are proud of her action and she did much better than the rest of his 16 victims
    Pistology likes this.

VIP Member
    I agree Bark'n.....I wish she would have smoked him, he could have easily went after her gun and then it would have been really bad
    he was still a threat due to the close proximity of being inside the confined space of the car and had already demonstrated his intentions
    I would say approximately 95-98% of the jurisdictions in Texas would no bill her on that if she would have shot him after he "supposedly" stopped his attack

good job Aunt-J!!!!!!!!!

I try to stop and help females that are stranded on the side of the road, first offering to call someone for them, I've ID'd myself as LEO before when they've said someone is already on the way, and I told them I'd just hang out with them until there help gets here, they've always been thankful, Situational Awareness is key here
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Aunt J waiting on a passing patrolman reminds me of a scene I saw last evening. A truck broken down with a boat and trailer 50 ft from a patrolman running radar. The LEO was totally oblivious to the driver's plight. In fact, I believe he was using it as a screen to catch more speeders. One should always have a backup plan for roadside break downs. I am glad aunt J came away from her episode alive.

db
    Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

Senior Moderator
    It's funny how a gun stuck into the face of a thug always seems to change their attitude and demeanor all of a sudden...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    Do the people who I know carry have the right mindset to do so?... Does my girlfriend have the right mindset to shoot someone? We've trained together, we have had that conversation,
    I said "Ms. Spec do feel that you could shoot someone who was intenteding on harming you?"
    Ms. Spec :"I have done alot of training with you and i do feel that I would shoot to protect myself."
    but until it comes to that point which i hope it never does. I don't know, for anyone.
    There was enough question in the mind of the attacker for Aunt J and her little friend to turn the tables on him. The female of the species can be most naturally deadly in time of threat. However, I believe that training does a mind good and that mindset is primary to gaining the advantage in a street or real-world fight.
    IMO, apart from the occassional combat handgun training, I like the resulting mindset from training in empty-hand sparring at various levels of cooperation from the opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Lastly, while still within the close confines of inside an automobile, just because he acts like he's giving up does not mean you are anywhere near being out of immediate danger. I can assure you the only reason he stopped his attack was because of the presence of the gun. It also wouldn't be the first time a killer feigned compliance and backing down only to regroup, quickly strategize and then attempt to disarm the person with the gun.

I can assure you he was just as shocked she didn't kill him outright as I was. Any number of other rapists and or killers would have attempted the disarming as soon as they realized the person holding the gun wasn't going to shoot.

I don't know anything about your background and history, or what you have experienced before in your personal life, but I can say that your rationalization for not shooting him when she had the chance is commonly shared by people who have never been near death before in a violent encounter and have never seen many murder victims or interacted with rape survivors in real life. People who share that same rationalization have nothing in their ordinary life experience to compare being in that situation with. No frame of reference to compare it to in their own life experience. It allows them to rationalize to themselves that they are morally obligated not to shoot because they think the threat has ended.

The reality is, as long as he's still in the car, the immediate threat is not over. He can counter attack at any moment, and there's no guarantee she could remain control over the weapon. It was a very dangerous decision not to shoot him just because he started to comply considering the heat of the moment.

Again, I stand by the fact that as soon as she got her hand on the gun, she should have emptied the cylinder into his head and center mass. Before he had a chance to "give up" if that's what you want to call it.
    Aunt J had good reason for fear of grave bodily injury or death.
    The rapist pre-meditates and controls to fulfill his drive for power over the victim until meeting his match. Aunt J is as well as she can be after overcoming the determined attack. OTOH, at what point did Aunt J terminate such a determined threat?
    At bad-breath distance side-by-side or closer on soft seats with desparate hands fighting for control, I know that in extreme close quarters with such a threat control of the situation is as substantial as a wisp of smoke; and I want that wisp in my favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoglocks View Post
    He cooperated with barrel up his nose so she didn't shoot; just showed good restrain.
    Ah, tell your aunt that we are proud of her action and she did much better than the rest of his 16 victims
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

So glad to hear your aunt is safe now.

Just came here to say - get her AAA coverage as a welcome home gift. Seriously. I have two adult daughters, and my wife and I get them AAA coverage each and every year for a Christmas gift. Waiting for a LEO to chance by = bad break-down strategy. At least call the highway patrol (most states have access on #77). if she doesn't have a cell phone, get her one of those as well.

Cheap insurance.

Using the Bible as a prop to try to rape or harm someone is a one-way ticket to the Gates of Hell if it was up to me (it's not). That's why I never engage tradesmen that use the fish symbol, the Bible, or Bible verses in their advertising. My wife and I are Christians, but I find the practice abhorrent. This guy proves why.
    Last edited by MadMac; August 3rd, 2011 at 03:42 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links