Taking a life but flipped story got you in trouble because of no evidence.

This is a discussion on Taking a life but flipped story got you in trouble because of no evidence. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder if the friend ever told police he feared for his life.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Taking a life but flipped story got you in trouble because of no evidence.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I wonder if the friend ever told police he feared for his life....
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I wonder if the friend ever told police he feared for his life....
    "I was in fear for my life..."

That phrase isn't magic to make a messed up situation "all better".

You kinda have to be justified in your actions, and more than a bit articulate to get your offing people certified Kosher by the police.

If you kill people, it's generally considered a "BAD thing" and you better be prepared to handle the Pre & Post fight stages as well as the fight itself.

Otherwise...it's bad.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    "I was in fear for my life..."

That phrase isn't magic to make a messed up situation "all better".

You kinda have to be justified in your actions, and more than a bit articulate to get your offing people certified Kosher by the police.

If you kill people, it's generally considered a "BAD thing" and you better be prepared to handle the Pre & Post fight stages as well as the fight itself.

Otherwise...it's bad.
    Should have explained my point a little more.

Did he actually think he could be killed or seriously harmed in the beginning of this attack and if so, did he explain that in detail to authorities? Or did he come off as a hard tail? It's still a matter of what actually did happen, what all was said between the 4 and what was said after the fact.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    As this is a "friend of your brother" I'm going to take the whole story as it was delivered... a third-person tale.

I'd be interested in reading about the event but I'm willing to bet there's a lot more to the story.

It could be exactly as you say or it could be .... anything.

What I do know is that getting convicted of murder in a true self-defense case is pretty rare. It can happen, sure, but it's really not something I'm exceptionally worried about.
    I have to agree with Lima wholeheartedly here.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    In some states, unless one is in a castle area, lethal force to stop a felony isn't sufficient.
    Good news for me is that I live in a very red state and I don't have to worry about that. The law states what I can and can't do with my gun. Stopping a robbery is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by defensive007 View Post
    Many people are afraid of the consequences after a public shooting...... Here we are 12 years later and he is still serving a sentence until 2023. When you are alone and no one is around to tell what happened be very weary on the situation because you can be taken as a criminal being as innocent as a Boston priest.
    I have already come to the realization that this could happen to me in a defensive situation and have also come to peace with the notion that I may also get an unjust conviction. It happens. But I would rather be getting out of prison in 2023 than spending eternity in the dirt. I at least want to postpone that one for a while.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links