My Company A Terror Target

This is a discussion on My Company A Terror Target within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by atctimmy have someone rub bacon grease on the handles of all the entry points each and every morning. Problem solved. hahahahahaha!!!!!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My Company A Terror Target

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    have someone rub bacon grease on the handles of all the entry points each and every morning. Problem solved.
    hahahahahaha!!!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

2. Remove Ads

Why not just make your office a gun-free zone? Surely that would stop the terrorists, right? Oh.. better make it a bomb-free zone too.

I work in a place that is also a terror target. At least DHS thinks so... We've got cameras everywhere, we've got barbed wire on top of our fences. RFID swipes at every point of entry. No egress without swiping either.

No guns allowed.

I CAN'T carry at work.
    localgirl likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Have someone rub bacon grease on the handles of all the entry points each and every morning. Problem solved.
    That was pretty much official policy where I once worked. See no evil, hear no evil, what problem?

Thieves and burglars, nah; won't happen here.

Intruders? Nah.

Get better lighting for grounds at night? Nah, nothing ever happens here.

Let the ladies pull right up to the building at night? Nah, nothing ever happens here.

Install a key control system, nah, costs money. Not in the budget.

Put a controlled access point for vehicles up? Nah, nothing will happen here.

Very briefly, cars were forbidden from parking in spaces closest to the building, but that directive was soon forgotten. Control access for large trucks; only briefly till that directive was forgotten.

Nothing ever happens here.

So far the ex- boss is batting 1000. Don't know about tomorrow.

At least I'm no where near there.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by 640girl View Post
    nice, common sense = good boss.
    Wow sign me up I need a job and a good Boss.

I have done way over my time with bad ones

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    1. Funny how "common sense" kicks in when the sphincter tightens.

2. To OP: what type of work does your company do?

3. Bacon? I wonder if they'd risk going after Smithfield Foods? They've got bacon in the air and the whole place feels a little greasy.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

If you look out the window and see a bunch of guys in sheets running at your building, and they aren't Klu Klux Klan, leave. If they ARE Klu Klux Klan leave too!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Consider getting and carrying a Kel Tec 2000 folding pistol caliber carbine set up for Glock 9mm.

Carry it in a computer case with some Glock 9mm happy sticks.

The carbine used inside a building can stand up a AK and be used to cover the evacuation of other employees.

Nothing wrong with a handgun, but a carbine is just much more effective at range.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I think that your company should also implement a contingency plan for a "terrorist attack". I would think that the most likely scenario would involve a Mumbai style attack where armed men storm into the company and begin shooting everyone. Therefore, the best plan would be to implement a contingency plan on how to handle an active shooter inside the company's premises. There should be an evacuation route, a safe meeting point and several key office members that carry firearms and have training.

Don't forget to also consider a cyber attack, so it would be good to involve the IT guys as well.
    Like I stated earlier, they installed security cameras at all the entrances to the building. Problem solved, get back to work. However, my boss and I see it differently. I'm sure I would be given the exit papers if I got caught carrying. Don't plan on getting caught. My boss and I run through some scenarios in our minds, but the FBI could not give us any indication on what they thought any attack would look like. I personally think the risk is pretty low, but I don't know much. Kind of like carrying a spare tire, chances are I won't need it, but I carry one anyway.
    bh007usmc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    He stated his was in his brief case. That's all I needed to hear.
    Tell him to get a good on the body holster and save the briefcase for the backup.

Distinguished Member
    I'd do some low tech things, as many as I could: flashlight and phone on the body at all times, exit routes studied, watch for odd stuff, etc etc. Get out quick plans and gear. Maybe that smaller office near the door sounds great. You can carry a cane if you can't get a gun in. etc etc.

Remember the 7 P's.

I'm sure that there are tons of potential targets in the FBI files and being one of them is not a pleasant thought.
    At least you have the ability to carry and have some kind of defensive plan if something does happen.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A nice photo of the terrorists with a hood and ski mask is really going to help.

If the terrorist goal is a body count you can believe that all exits will be set to blow, maybe by car device.

Think out side the box and do the unexpected is about the best bet IMO.

Maybe chair through window and out you go with as many as you can get out.

Maybe having firepower to protect yourself and others is a workable plan.

Being warned I would not want the blood of my fellow worker on my hands by not having a plan and adequate response ie firepower etc, to make is possible for their escape.

Have all the employees been told so they can make some kind of plan?

If someone's family worked in a place that was warned by the FBI and they was not told, and it went down bad and ugly, and it was latter made known that the warning was give and largely overlooked.

Then God help the employer!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post
    Tell him to get a good on the body holster and save the briefcase for the backup.
    At work, my dress code prohibits carrying my primary... prints too much in a tucked shirt.

So, I carry my subcompact on me, and my full size and two spare mags in my laptop case. I figure if I need more than 9 rounds, I can use the SC to fight to my office if I'm not in it.

Not worried about terrorists, worried about gangbangers. My office is right on the edge of the most gang active area in the state, per capita.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links