VIDEO: Store Owner Fights Back

This is a discussion on VIDEO: Store Owner Fights Back within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 21bubba What, no critique of the gun going off while the storeowner was pistol whipping the BG ? Originally Posted by retsupt99 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: VIDEO: Store Owner Fights Back

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    What, no critique of the gun going off while the storeowner was pistol whipping the BG ?
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I noticed that, but with what was going on (had that shot killed the dirtbag), I think it would still have been ruled an act of self-defense.OMOYMV
    I saw that (@ 37 sec.) too.

Improper use of a firearm, dude! Not only that, but he gets way too close to them to do that.

Though In the end, the BG's look like a pile of whimpering tears & feces.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow had not seen this one before.

adric this is what I have mentioned before about pain compliance devices, pepper spray, batons, firearms. What hurts me may not hurt you and vice versa.
    As mentioned it sucks to be sprayed but a determined individual can fight through it.

Not sure what kind of shop but yeah more than likely he has the ability to buzz customers in and out.

Yeah he was lucky that the ND while pistol whipping did not hit anything don't know exactly how that would go over.

Great video though.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    That is what it looked like, lucky no bystander was injured.
    Yeah, around :36 it looks like a round went off while he was beating the man.

I think he handled it well, but there are some things he could have done better. Beating crooks doesn't look so good. It's better to hold them at gun point until the cops get there. Tell them they will be shot if they move an inch.

Wow, I had not seen this video before. I love that the shop owner fought back and prevailed but, I do have some criticisms of his actions.

At :23 the owner shoots at the bad guy by the door who was cowering there (I love that) and then stood up like he was going to come at the owner. Almost like he thought the old guy wouldn't really shoot and he's just take the gun away from him. He gets a surprise when the owner does fire and hit the lower left portion of the door. No real criticism there. the owner had mace in his eyes and he did the best he could.

BUT, at :37 we see him pistol whipping one of the bad guys and the gun goes off next to the guys head. Now I have no love for bad guys but, it was stupid for the owner to go over to them to pistol whip them at all. There were two of them. he could have been overpowered and had his gun taken away and turned against him. He should have simply held them there until the cops show up. He opened himself up to possibly being killed by these scum bags with his own gun.

As I said, I am glad he prevailed and it was great to see the scum bags running around and crawling and cowering, but I would have liked it better if he hadn't taken such a chance there by approaching them.
    Tzadik likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

It looked like the pistol discharged when he pistol whipped one of the punks. Man that punk was lucky!

Yup, I saw this a while ago, around the time I joined the site.

Thankfully the shop owner came out on top but I don't plan on ever getting close enough to pistol whip a BG should I be in that situation!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I'm confused. It looks like they sprayed something in the shop owners face. Was it pepper spray? if so, why is it not affecting him? Second question, why were the robbers not able to get out the door, did it have some kind of automatic lock?
    Typically jewelry store have locked doors and have to be deliberately unlocked to let people in and out. The thieves were literally locked in the store.

One other critique. It looked like he was shooting at them, but never hit the criminals. Where did those bullets go?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Omgosh, this is the funniest thing I have seen posted on here! *mace*, *shot at*, *scrambling around, twitching, and TRYING to hide*, *gun whipped*, *po-po shows up*.... great video xD
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

If you think you may have to pistol whip someone, someday, get some old guy to show you how to do it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    If you think you may have to pistol whip someone, someday, get some old guy to show you how to do it.
    And try and have a steel framed pistol or revolver with a shrouded ejection rod.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Was I seeing things or did intended victim's gun go off when he was whooping that perp on the head with his gun?

Question already answered.
    Last edited by MP45Man; July 24th, 2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Not reading far enough in to post.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    At 0:23, right after the owner shoots the door, there is a jump in the video and one of the would be robbers appears to be down. Is there something critical missing? There is another jump at about 1:01 when the cops arrive. While I think the BGs got what they had coming, the video makes me question whether or not the line of self defense had been crossed. Once they were cowering in the corner, as long as they stayed that way and didn't pull a weapon of their own, were they still an immediate threat that justified lethal force or could they have simply been held until the police arrived?

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Wow, I had not seen this video before. I love that the shop owner fought back and prevailed but, I do have some criticisms of his actions.

At :23 the owner shoots at the bad guy by the door who was cowering there (I love that) and then stood up like he was going to come at the owner. Almost like he thought the old guy wouldn't really shoot and he's just take the gun away from him. He gets a surprise when the owner does fire and hit the lower left portion of the door. No real criticism there. the owner had mace in his eyes and he did the best he could.

BUT, at :37 we see him pistol whipping one of the bad guys and the gun goes off next to the guys head. Now I have no love for bad guys but, it was stupid for the owner to go over to them to pistol whip them at all. There were two of them. he could have been overpowered and had his gun taken away and turned against him. He should have simply held them there until the cops show up. He opened himself up to possibly being killed by these scum bags with his own gun.

As I said, I am glad he prevailed and it was great to see the scum bags running around and crawling and cowering, but I would have liked it better if he hadn't taken such a chance there by approaching them.
    +1 TN Mike hit all the high points. The shop owner did great by managing to get the door locked and get his gun out. He did make a tactical mistake by getting close enough to them to pistol whip them, but you gotta love it for the pure justice of it!

Nothing like steel and wood for good pistol whipping, try that you Glockophiles! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links