Can I carry a gun at an ATM? - Page 2

Can I carry a gun at an ATM?

This is a discussion on Can I carry a gun at an ATM? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad Just remember, concealed is concealed. yeap total agree!!!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Can I carry a gun at an ATM?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Just remember, concealed is concealed.
    yeap total agree!!!

Banks - the place they leave the vault door open all day, but chain down the 29cent pens.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKing View Post
    Thank you guys. I will walk next time with my gun into my bank. I fell much safer when I deposit my money when I have my gun on me.
    I hope you don't bank at Regions. They are posted, at least the ones in East TN are.

Be careful how you throw the word SHEEP around,you could be talking about somebodys girlfriend
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thank you for your response. I know that you can not carry a gun IN a bank. But I don't know about at an ATM.
    WHAT ? You CAN here ! ! ! Banks are privately owned and there are nothing anymore "special" about them than anywhere else. I carry mine in my bank all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30'
    Armed Security Guards don't do it for me. No offense to any Security Guards, armed or not. Security Guards are for sheep, I'm not a sheep.
    Paul Bart is going to be on your door step.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The only banks which are absolutely off limits are Federal Reserve Banks. They are owned by the government. And their property is like any other federal property (no guns allowed). Their bank guards are uniformed Federal police officers. It would be like carrying a gun into J. Edgar Hoover FBI Headquarters.

Other banks would be governed by your states particular CCW laws. In my state, some banks are posted and some banks aren't. However, in my state, it's not a crime to violate a posted business.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Be careful how you throw the word SHEEP around,you could be talking about somebodys girlfriend

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Just remember, concealed is concealed.
    Right, but sometimes, especially in the summertime, you can see it on your shirt that you conceal a weapon and I don't want to cause any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I hope you don't bank at Regions. They are posted, at least the ones in East TN are.
    Hell NO.

Thank you for your response. I know that you can not carry a gun IN a bank. But I don't know about at an ATM.
    Why can't you carry in a bank?
    It's not a federal building unless the bank is a Federal Reserve Bank, and there aren't many of those.

Oops, someone beat me to it. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Banks - the place they leave the vault door open all day, but chain down the 29cent pens.
    Great point.

MADking, Welcome to the forum!
    My recommendation to you is to search the law, and read it through and through. You need to able to determine if you can carry somewhere and be confident and able to defend your actions. I am not saying you can't do this... You may be very well educated on the law. Just saying that if something happens and you know 100% what the law states you can easily defuse alot of situations with gawkers or even uninformed officers by saying "The Penal code does not state that banks are off limits, I have a copy right here, would you mind showing me because I have read this over quite a few times and never seen it"

There was a situation with a member and some officers at a mall (posted in the last few days) where they threatened him with jail. Personally, I know the Texas Penal code very well. I know my rights and places I can carry and I will gladly, respectively tell any officer that a certain law is not in the penal code and provide a copy to back myself up. Knowing this gives me confidence daily as I carry into malls, banks, and even places with non legal gunbuster signs.

That being said, I do come to the forum for opinions and views on thing. Its an awesome community! All I am saying is make sure you are confident in yourself! It will go along way!

Again, Welcome! Look forward to posting with ya later.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    And the pens don't write anyway.

I carry in my bank all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    The Regions Banks here in the Ft. Smith, AR area aren't posted. If they were my account would be closed.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The only banks which are absolutely off limits are Federal Reserve Banks. They are owned by the government. And their property is like any other federal property (no guns allowed). Their bank guards are uniformed Federal police officers. It would be like carrying a gun into J. Edgar Hoover FBI Headquarters.

Other banks would be governed by your states particular CCW laws. In my state, some banks are posted and some banks aren't. However, in my state, it's not a crime to violate a posted business.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the Federal Reserve is a private bank. Also, there is no blanket prohibition of carry on federal property; In some places its OK, & not in others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links