Can I carry a gun at an ATM?

This is a discussion on Can I carry a gun at an ATM? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; State is Tennessee Hello, I am not able to find anything specific on this. My question: Can I carry my concealed pistol at an ATM ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Can I carry a gun at an ATM?

Can I carry a gun at an ATM?

State is Tennessee

Hello,

I am not able to find anything specific on this.
    My question: Can I carry my concealed pistol at an ATM which is in front of a bank?

Thank you

2. Remove Ads

Yea it not like your going in. If I'm not correct please let me know but I think you can even carry into a bank concealed that is :). The reason I say that is I'm not 100% sure if a bank in privately owned or government own if privately own then you can. As long it don't say you have check your local law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response. I know that you can not carry a gun IN a bank. But I don't know about at an ATM.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    I'd actually recommend it.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKing View Post
    Thank you for your response. I know that you can not carry a gun IN a bank. But I don't know about at an ATM.
    Can you reveal your source for this statement?

I do not see anything refering to banks. If they have a "no gun" sign, then you cannot carry.

Per Handgunlaw.us
    TN law
    Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License

Any room in which judicial proceedings are in progress.
     Any public or private school building or bus, on any public or private school campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated by any board of education, school, college or university board of trustees, regents or directors for the administration of any public or private educational institution.
     It is not an offense for a nonstudent adult to possess a firearm, if such firearm is contained within a private vehicle operated by the adult and is not handled by such adult, or by any other person acting with the expresses or implied consent of such adult, while such vehicle is on school property.
     If Posted on the grounds of any playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes. Note: 39-17-1311 (b)(iv) States: A person may enter the property for the sole purpose of delivering or picking up passengers and who does not remove any weapon from the vehicle or utilize it in any manner.
    Handgunlaw.us 3
     An individual, corporation, business entity or government entity or agent thereof is authorized to prohibit possession of weapons by any person otherwise authorized by this subsection, at meetings conducted by, or on premises owned, operated, managed or under control of such individual, corporation, business entity or government entity. Notice of such prohibition shall be posted in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building, portion of the building or buildings where weapon possession is prohibited. Cities/Counties can post their parks.
    Proud NRA member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDlewis View Post
    Yea it not like your going in. If I'm not correct please let me know but I think you can even carry into a bank concealed that is :). The reason I say that is I'm not 100% sure if a bank in privately owned or government own if privately own then you can. As long it don't say you have check your local law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only banks that are government owned are Federal Reserve Banks, and your not going to go there for any type of transactions. The FDIC sign only refers to the money being insured and has nothing to do with the bank itself.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    The ability to carry a weapon inside a bank varies by state. As far as I have been able to find, TN does not restrict the carrying of a weapon inside a bank.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The only banks that are government owned are Federal Reserve Banks, and your not going to go there for any type of transactions. The FDIC sign only refers to the money being insured and has nothing to do with the bank itself.
    ok thanks just wanted to make sure I was right.

Actually, you can carry into banks in TN. unless they are properly posted. As a matter of fact, the video I watched for HCP training class showed a HCP holder going into a bank. Showed different situations,( a robber leaving the bank, one time he pointed his weapon at the HCP holder, the other, he just ran). Only discussion on the video was which situation could the HCP holder legitimately\legally pull his weapon.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

My banking institution does not allow you to carry. I find this utterly amazing!!!! I walk in with money I could be robbed, I walk out with money I could be robbed. The more I think about it the more it ticks me off. The good thing is In Kansas the signs must be properly posted and theirs(The Banks)aren't posted properly. I am in the process of looking for a bank that does allow me to defend myself and the money I've worked for. Armed Security Guards don't do it for me. No offense to any Security Guards, armed or not. Security Guards are for sheep, I'm not a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    My banking institution does not allow you to carry. I find this utterly amazing!!!! I walk in with money I could be robbed, I walk out with money I could be robbed. The more I think about it the more it ticks me off. The good thing is In Kansas the signs must be properly posted and theirs(The Banks)aren't posted properly. I am in the process of looking for a bank that does allow me to defend myself and the money I've worked for. Armed Security Guards don't do it for me. No offense to any Security Guards, armed or not. Security Guards are for sheep, I'm not a sheep.
    Come on now, believe. It's easy if you try.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If I read "sheep" one more time I'm going mumbai!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

who's going to check you at an ATM,there aren't any metal detectors.If your not going to carry everywhere you go,then don't go anywhere.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Thank you guys. I will walk next time with my gun into my bank. I fell much safer when I deposit my money when I have my gun on me.

Thank you guys. I will walk next time with my gun into my bank. I fell much safer when I deposit my money when I have my gun on me.
    Just remember, concealed is concealed.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links