It must be Ebay's fault

This is a discussion on It must be Ebay's fault within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know you cannot buy firearms or ammunition on Ebay. Thank God he was only able to purchase makings for a weapon of mass destruction ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ConcealedG30

Thread: It must be Ebay's fault

VIP Member

It must be Ebay's fault

I know you cannot buy firearms or ammunition on Ebay. Thank God he was only able to purchase makings for a weapon of mass destruction there.

Report: Suspect in Norway attacks bought chemicals, tools on eBay - CNN.com

So now, typical of the press, I suppose the blame for this murdering lunatics terrorist actions will be somehow shared by Ebay.

This is similar to when Oswald bought his rifle by mail order from Kline's Sporting Goods of Chicago to kill Kennedy.

Neither Ebay or Kline's had a damn thing to do with either situation. The anti gun media however will always find a way to spin the story.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

used eBay to order a drill press vice, a full-face respirator and a "hazmat" suit.
    And exactly what would any of these devices alone or even together point to somebody planning on a massacre,I have bought a drill press a full face respirator and countless other objects from harbor freight and ebay.That's about as crazy as saying he bought his socks and underwear at Walmart
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    And exactly what would any of these devices alone or even together point to somebody planning on a massacre,I have bought a drill press a full face respirator and countless other objects from harbor freight and ebay.That's about as crazy as saying he bought his socks and underwear at Walmart
    There was also mention of sulfur powder. Used in the making of gunpowder but not high explosives per se. From the destruction I saw you would have needed a truck load of fertilizer or nitro. I don't get the sulfur connection. Then again, I don't see the connection between the bombing and the killing of a bunch of kids either. In his warped mind he might have been trying to show that no one is safe, not even kids on a remote island. ???
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Wow so the next time there's a major accident on the freeway we can blame the automaker for providing the person a car. And the next time I hit my thumb with a hammer trying to drive it in I can blame the nail company and the company that made the hammer.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    Wow so the next time there's a major accident on the freeway we can blame the automaker for providing the person a car. And the next time I hit my thumb with a hammer trying to drive it in I can blame the nail company and the company that made the hammer.
    Yes, of course. Don't you read the safety instructions that come with hammers? Ever notice why step ladders have safety stickers all over them? It is because some idiot propped his ladder against a house with the feet of the ladder on frozen ground. He left and came back after the ground had thawed. The ladder sunk into the ground as he was mounting the steps. He fell and broke a rib or two. Later, he and his sly ambulance chasing lawyer sued the ladder manufacture for not warning of possible risk of falling. The guy won a multi million dollar settlement for this frivolous suit.

That is the main reason why half of every firearms owner manual is safety related. Do not point gun at yourself while finger is on trigger, etc. Oh, yes, it must also be printed in Spanish, French and Farsi.
    - Zen Saying

CNN.com ... that pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    ... he bought his socks and underwear at Walmart
    Holy cow! now that Wal-Mart is involved the stuff will really hit the fan. Obviously we have to regulate Wal-Mart more closely. Maybe the Govt needs to set up an underwear registry!

(I really do miss not having a sarcasm font.)
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    MacGyver is a terrorist!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

According to most Democrats and the Liberal media I believe I may be a terrorist.

---------------------------------
    ncsteveh likes this.

Links