Witnessingx

This is a discussion on Witnessingx within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Murder victim was beaten with rock by husband, Clark police say | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com . What would you do if you are witnessing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Witnessingx

Post Witnessingx

Murder victim was beaten with rock by husband, Clark police say | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com.

What would you do if you are witnessing this? My wife actually had to see the victim when she was brought into the hospital. The perp went at this poor lady with a 25lb rock once she was on the ground. Her skull was just mush. And if thats not enough he almost decapitated her with a box cutter. My wife has worked at this hospital for 14 years and she said it was the most disturbing thing she has ever witnessed, she had tears in her eyes as she told me about this. I know what I would of done. Might not of saved this poor lady but this POS would have a lead overdose.
    Peace the old fashion way......

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Wouldn't hesitate to put one in him. Let the courts & God sort it out.
    MikeNice likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I can not argue her life was in danger and I have a conscious.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    All I know about domestic assault is what is on the news/tv; it seems that often the victims turn on the police when they respond. It would suck to use lethal force on the attacker to save the woman to have her or their family file civil charges against me.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Unless you were present from the start of the fight, before you intervene you have to ask yourself, "Is there ANYTHING that could possibly make me commit that type of violence against another human?" If not, then you need to intervene with force necessary to stop the threat and if that level becomes deadly then remember, this act brought you to the point of deciding on a deadly assault on another person, could they have also legitimately reached their turning point as to the use of deadly force?

I'll not state what level of force I would use other than to say I'd try to stop the assault since I don't have enough info based on the scenario given as to what point in time I came upon this situation.
    oneshot and Secret Spuk like this.

Bang. I just saved the taxpayers money. Men who hit women are lower than dogs and should be treated as such. You don't hit a woman, period, let alone this. Rapists, child molesters and wife beaters are just the most vial thing in the world. I won't judge their souls, but in this case I'd arrange the meeting so God can.
    CowboyColby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Bang. I just saved the taxpayers money. Men who hit women are lower than dogs and should be treated as such. You don't hit a woman, period, let alone this. Rapists, child molesters and wife beaters are just the most vial thing in the world. I won't judge their souls, but in this case I'd arrange the meeting so God can.
    Reverse the incident and you have a woman pummeling the man with a rock...change your tune on that not hitting period? Just saying... In an abuse case I agree, but PERIOD is pretty set in stone...
    archer51, oneshot and ArkhmAsylm like this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    I don't condone striking a woman, but, is she decides she wants to open the ball game, she needs to understand that shes playing under the same rules as the other players.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

When I was an LEO I actually was involved in a domestic where the woman beat the snot out of her husband,little disparity of force,he was like 5'6" 120,she was like 6' 250.I'm kinda glad she went with the program.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    All I know about domestic assault is what is on the news/tv; it seems that often the victims turn on the police when they respond. It would suck to use lethal force on the attacker to save the woman to have her or their family file civil charges against me.
    Normally I would agree with you, but there is a line that can get crossed that would convince me to intervene. The woman can say whatever she wants, but the evidence would clearly implicate the husband. There may also be other witnesses around.

If I had been there, I would have intervened. Mr Roche's response to that intervention would have determined how far it escalated. Even under the far fetched scenario that Mr Roche is a law enforcement officer and the woman he is beating is on the FBI's "most wanted" list, there is a time when the person is subdued and the beating should..and will stop if I am there.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Reverse the incident and you have a woman pummeling the man with a rock...change your tune on that not hitting period? Just saying... In an abuse case I agree, but PERIOD is pretty set in stone...
    Yes, PERIOD. I can subdue a woman without striking them. We can play the "what if" game but c'mon, why pick apart this particular comment I made? You don't hit a woman in normal situations. If a woman hits me, I will not hit her back. That's the way I was raised. If I even raised my voice to my mom or sisters my dad's hand would be upside my head. To which he'd say "you never hit a woman, PERIOD".

Of course, I don't conduct myself in a way where a woman would need to or want to hit me. Due in large part that when my wife asks "do these jeans make me look fat?" I am pre-programmed to say "NO!".

25 lb rock, I would stop it.

I have on the rare occasion found it necessary to hit a woman or two, but as a rule, no.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Yes, PERIOD. I can subdue a woman without striking them. We can play the "what if" game but c'mon, why pick apart this particular comment I made? You don't hit a woman in normal situations. If a woman hits me, I will not hit her back. That's the way I was raised. If I even raised my voice to my mom or sisters my dad's hand would be upside my head. To which he'd say "you never hit a woman, PERIOD".

Of course, I don't conduct myself in a way where a woman would need to or want to hit me. Due in large part that when my wife asks "do these jeans make me look fat?" I am pre-programmed to say "NO!".

^^^^^^^^^YEAH YEAh YEAh^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BUT........In the back of your mind your finishing the sentence, No, your butt makes you look fat....

Just kidding.!!!!!!

There are times when you could be forced to "hit" a woman, especially if they have an all out assault on you.

But in this instance, a rock???

In Michigan, you would be justified, if he did not stop when ordered to, to shoot him, and the courts, both crimina, and in civil, would not prosecute you.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sorry but possession of reproductive organs is not a free pass.

I agree that you can at times avoid hitting a "woman" but a female with intent to cause serious harm or death gets the best I can offer. Underestimating your adversary based on gender could easily be the last mistake you make

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links