London

This is a discussion on London within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; London's riots have been going on for three days now, and have spread to several other major English cities. LONDON RIOTS: David Cameron returns home ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: London

London

London's riots have been going on for three days now, and have spread to several other major English cities.

LONDON RIOTS: David Cameron returns home as police face gangs with petrol bombs | Mail Online

Forced to strip naked in the street: Shocking scenes as rioters steal clothes and rifle through bags as people make their way home | Mail Online

Do you think there could be a trigger that sets up something similar over here? The English have effectively disarmed themselves, so I wonder how this scenario would play out differently on this side of the pond?

2. Remove Ads

Do you think there could be a trigger that sets up something similar over here? The English have effectively disarmed themselves, so I wonder how this scenario would play out differently on this side of the pond?
    I think we know how it plays out over here. We've seen it.

Administrator
    I do think wide spread riots are coming to USA, so far, we've only had localized riots. Its only a matter of time IMO.
    First Sgt, RemMod597 and PPKman like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Today, if it were to happen in my little well-armed town, it would likely be a brief event.

The U.K. is fertile breeding grounds for this type of chaos. It's a worthy lesson to take note of.
    oneshot and lonewolf486 like this.

in most parts of the US the exact same if not worse scenario could play out, in fact it could be a lot worse because many of the bad people have access to weapons. if and when it does happen here those of you in urban areas could find yourself in the middle of troubles, a real SHTF situation that would force you to takes steps either to bug out or stand your ground, either way I hope that you've taken steps like having weapons, bug out bags and supplies to get you through an insurrection that I believe is inevitable.

in most parts of the US the exact same if not worse scenario could play out
    Not only could play out, they already have played out. The burning, the looting and the mindless violence we are seeing in England are reminiscent of the urban riots of the 1960s here in the US. Those were pretty rough times for urban violence and, yes, you bet it can happen here. In these times we are living in it could be more widespread and more ethnic inclusive as more people of all races sink ever deeper into economic despair.

lol...snippet from one of the articles...
    "After cutting short his Tuscany holiday to deal with the worsening public disorder crisis, Mr Cameron said today: 'We will do everything necessary to restore order to Britain's streets and to make them safe for the law-abiding."
    ### -> No you wont. You've already said as much. You've already said you wont even use water canons or even dummy bullets(plastic). The rioters, moochers and looters have absolutely no fear of repercussions of their actions. They know for certain that NOTHING will happen to them.
    Magnum likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

The first riots in London were supposedly an excuse to the shooting dead of a 'BG' by the police.
    Similar to what happened after the Rodney King beating and other incidents etc.
    Quite obviously, riots following the initial upset, were/are simple criminals looting, and doing whatever they can within a lawless moment/environment.

The UK has seen some serious rioting before, and no doubt it will see some serious rioting at a later time in history. - It even surprised me that it had taken so long for this to happen, since the last riots were so long ago, - I can't even remember exactly when they were?

The same happens all over the world, and has happened before as mentioned here, in the USA often.
    Left-wingers generally, they just need an excuse, be it a conservative government, cuts in social benefits, a war or two, or the death of a criminal from a 'minority' community, - etc.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    sadly, most go to ranges where they punch paper. often draw from a holster is not allowed, nor are 'fast' shots due to range rules.
    its hard to think strategy when your feet are planted and your rounds are timed 1 per second.
    fortunately my range is private and we can do these things.

yesterday i set up 2 IDPA cardboards at 20 feet and put down sticks for the bus door.
    rules were just engage the 2 BG's with the rifles with your carry gun.
    as fast as i saw them standing at the door i moved to the aisle and fired with my p239 through the windows-2 shots each.
    most before me went to the door and fired through it.
    near as they explained this action was cause it seemed the right thing to do...fire through the door straight into the BG's rather than from the side unseen by them

about all i can say about this way of thinking is--if you think you are in a 'fair' fight than your tactics suck.

more gangs and flash mobs abroad and in our cities and different crazy every day.
    and as the financial conditions get worse in ways as yet unknown....
    once entitlements are changed, the cities may boil over and the suburbs will get burned. literally and figuratively.

as apvbguy points out--are you ready?
    and i ask--ready for what?--there are so many bad events that may happen and in so many ways and to varying degrees based on factors
    that will be discussed by scholars in the future. how does that help us now?

ramble off.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    FYI, youtube guy nutnfancy, posted a decent vid about WROL (Without Rule Of Law) recently. It's his second vid on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    These riots started because their bobbies shot and killed a man AND many have said they are tired of the police "stop-search-siezure" tactics of investigating anyone who they think looks 'suspectious'.

Great Britian has disarmed it's population, outlawed self-defense, and given it's police powers that puts them above question from the people their paid to 'protect'.

Most of the rioting I read/seen so far is just a bunch of thugs looting and misbehaving........and the 'law-abiding' have a duty to retreat.

God Bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I do think wide spread riots are coming to USA, so far, we've only had localized riots. Its only a matter of time IMO.
    I'm with SIXTO on this. It'll be over something 'diffrent', but something.......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Best thing I can think of is I know a lot of people that shoot and are law abiding citisens,between us there are several hundred pistols and rifles,a few legal Full Autos,and long range precision rifles with several thousand rounds of ammo on hand,and a secure ranch outside the city limits with excellent fields of fire
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Not only do I think it will happen, but is what those in Washington want to happen will be the next phase of their plan for America.
    Anthony likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Not only do I think it will happen, but is what those in Washington want to happen will be the next phase of their plan for America.
    What is it that people say? - "No crisis should go to waste", - or something like that?

Excuses for more police powers, gun control, social 'help' (welfare,) and whatever else the left-wing politicians want to do to more control your lives.

Is the precursor the "Flash Mob" criminal actions we're starting to see here in the USA?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links