Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad - Page 2

Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad

This is a discussion on Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whatever happened to the old one on one? Now a days scumbag punks attack in sheer numbers because deep down inside they are all ******* ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad

Whatever happened to the old one on one? Now a days scumbag punks attack in sheer numbers because deep down inside they are all ******* alone. I'm sorry this pisses me off. The Cops need to start leaning on these kids and tell them they are all accessories after the fact to this crime if they don't cough up the little douches!
    NIS350ZTT likes this.
    One more step and it's on!

Pee in somebody's wheaties, and you gotta keep an eye over your shoulder. People just don't care anymore...it can be over something as trivial as they thought you were giving them a strange look. There's no defense against a blind ambush (bat to the back of the head). I hope he recovers and the chickencraps get a lot of jail time. Keep your eyes peeled and watch the social media pages.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Well we do know from many accounts that a very large number of assaults and shootings result from flushing ne'er do wells from parties. This is a high-risk activity.

If you eject personnel from a social function, probably a good idea to prepare for further engagement. This isn't Monday morning quarterbacking, just observation from experience.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I see the OP is from AZ. About a year ago in Chandler (AZ) some underage punks showed up at a private keg party and got mad because the homeowners asked them to leave, because they were underage. They started to, but decided they needed to take a keg with them. The homeowner's wife confronted the punks, and that's when things turned ugly. The husband responded to the ruckus in the driveway, one punk threw a punch and knocked him down. As the homeowner started to get up, one of the punks lifted his shirt revealing a gun which he proceeded to draw. Homeowner drew his own weapon and fired, killing the armed underage punk. Homeowner was never charged (and rightfully so), but all the howls of "but he was GOOD boy" were deafening for a couple of weeks.

This snippet is offered to illustrate the need for "anytime, anywhere" awareness, the rapidity with which things can turn fatal, and the problems with mixing alcohol with high levels of young testosterone.
    Bark'n and rolyat63 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texasKA View Post
    wow. man i am so sorry this has happened to you and your family and brother in law. i hope that justice is served, and he sues the living piss out of those kids, and also they go to jail for a very long time. i've heard of cases similar to this happening in texas, and sure enough eventually the cops find the guys who did it, bring 'em in, and in a few months they are behind bars for several years, convicted fellons who will never vote again, nor get any decent type of job.
    Oh they won't.. that's how it works... slap on the wrist and they will be at his door at 4am ready for round 2 for him ratting on them...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    I have a question, this seems a bit strange to me a bit about this part.

He told them to leave and that the cops were comeing did he wait for them all to leave befor walking out or did he walk out while the party was still being held? Did he just try and kick out the 19 yr olds (this is how I read it) since there were younger people?

Also did he drink at the party while others were there or by himself?
    He walked out while some were leaving is how I understand it. I guess he figured everyone was on their way out but I am not sure on this.

I think he tried to break up the entire party from my understanding.

UPDATE:

Still no arrests, my brother in law is out of the hospital and has had surgery on his nose and face. His eyes are completly swollen shut and he of course is in some pain. The cops are going to take his "official statement" in a day or so here. My sister is hiring a lawyer to sue him civilly either way.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

FWIW I am actually a lawyer but not licensed in AZ. I have been doing some background research on the attackers and am gathering evidence for their case from public records etc. I learned one of the attackers has received an athletic scholarship to ASU this fall and that he is a steroid user. I am going to try and hose him any way I can within the limits of the law and ethics. I also am going to have a heart to heart with my brother in law about his need for a ccw permit. Since we are pursuing this and going for broke the punks may retaliate.
    Bark'n likes this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    another voice added for a complete recovery...

that said and what you said--never turn your back.
    too true.

always and especially after a confrontation. even if you think its over--be it a punk woman on a bus making a call to her kin or as what happened to yours--vigilance beats a beating
    -----------------

lots needs changing in America
    and teaching children to be aware from kindergarten on seems worthy.

put the gun or other weapon aside and practice situational awareness at all ages
    and in all environments. a third of the times i have been made to feel confronted...SA allowed
    me the advance time to re-set the stage 'they' had thought to present to me. and by taking from them
    even that bit of situational control, it changed their game plan. changed it enough that i was able to talk out the situation without even displaying or mentioning my having a gun.

key being acting before they force me to re-act.

---->now that you think there may be some further actions by them, plan for it.
    i'm gonna guess that you know ways to do that. legal and all. good luck
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

May they be caught and serve time with Bubba the prison pig.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Man I'm sorry to hear that too. I hope cops to do something about that. I hope everything comes out ok in the end.

Thanks everyone. It's really mind blowing for me right now. I will keep this thread updated as I get more information.

Someone lays me out from an ambush attack, they sure as hell won't do it a second time. I'd be prepared for any second visits from those scum bags.

And I'd sue them for all they have. Most judgements are good for 10 years, and can be renewed if they don't pay off in the allotted time frame, from my understanding of civil suits.

But if they want to retaliate for my pursuing legal action and mucking up a possible scholarship, I'd say bring it on. I'd actually kind of welcome a second bite at the apple.
    Spade115 and OD* like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I am so infuriated about this I've delayed posting until now! I hope your brother-in-law comes through this healthy, wiser, & stronger for it.

Be Strong

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Someone lays me out from an ambush attack, they sure as hell won't do it a second time. I'd be prepared for any second visits from those scum bags.

And I'd sue them for all they have. Most judgements are good for 10 years, and can be renewed if they don't pay off in the allotted time frame, from my understanding of civil suits.

But if they want to retaliate for my pursuing legal action and mucking up a possible scholarship, I'd say bring it on. I'd actually kind of welcome a second bite at the apple.
    The kid is 18-19 so he has no money for the civil suit. I think its worth the law suit as a matter of principal alone. If he gets away with this scott free and squeeky clean he will damn sure do it again to someone else. Either way I have told my sister to sue him and get a judgment and continually renew it for his life until it is repaid. If he doesn't pay we will get a wage withholding order if necessary. I think it's every 5 years in AZ but I would have to double check.

From what I hear the attackers think this is over with because no arrests have been made. To quote Rambo,"Nothing is over!!!!!!"

I personally will be writing and calling the DA's office if they don't pursue this. Squeeky wheel gets the grease!
    Bark'n likes this.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Good luck to X I hope everything works out in your favor and yoru BIL recovers quickly keep us updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links