Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad - Page 3

Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad

This is a discussion on Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by xXMens ReaXx My brother in law never had a chance (he is 40lbs lighter with no training). Why do people always say ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad

Quote Originally Posted by xXMens ReaXx View Post
    My brother in law never had a chance (he is 40lbs lighter with no training).
    Why do people always say stuff like this. I have seen many a smaller, faster guy kick a big guys butt. Your Brother in Law never had a chance because he ran his mouth about calling the cops (which he apparently didn't do), how everyone needed to leave and then he turned his back on the punks and got sucker punched. He had been drinking so he probably thought he was tougher then he was. Hopefully you can bring the punks to justice but it sounds like the brother in law learned a very painful lesson about trusting people. I would think before he gets a CCW permit he needs to evaluate his mind set as life could have been a lot worse if the punks would have found a pistol on him while kicking the snot out of him.

Good job keeping up the fight!!
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hope these guys are caught, hope the father is taught a legal lesson about underage drinking and I hope your brother in law sues the hell out of the father

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    Why do people always say stuff like this.
    To illustrate that the attacking party was much bigger and had a lot of force behind the attack/blow to the head. Also, because a larger person may have been able to keep on his feet, pull guard, take the shot to the dome etc.

Your Brother in Law never had a chance because he ran his mouth about calling the cops (which he apparently didn't do), how everyone needed to leave and then he turned his back on the punks and got sucker punched.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling someone to leave your property and that the police are on their way. Most of the time people will leave and not want to escalate the situation. Remember, he was breaking up the party his idiot step-sister was throwing and he didn't want her to go to jail for obvious reasons. The second part of the quote is correct, his mistake was turning his back.

He had been drinking so he probably thought he was tougher then he was.
    Maybe, maybe not? Maybe he is Randy Couture and is as tough as they come. It's irrelevant. They were looking for a fight for any reason and probably would have fought someone else at the party if not for him.

life could have been a lot worse if the punks would have found a pistol on him while kicking the snot out of him.
    Correct.

Hope these guys are caught, hope the father is taught a legal lesson about underage drinking and I hope your brother in law sues the hell out of the father
    Oh I can only wish!

Update:
    Brother in law spoke with the cops and gave his statement. The police said they are gathering evidence and it might be a week or two before we know more. Some of the people at the party gave statements that the cops KNOW are lies (according to them). They seem adament about pursuing this so that is a positive thing. Still looking to get a civil lawyer.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

Funny thing about kids...... put up a reward for anyone who witnessed it or they told it to and who would be willing to talk to police.... put out the word, it will get around fast. And, you will have a couple who will come forward. Guaranteed. With kids, $100-$200 will get some talking.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Funny thing about kids...... put up a reward for anyone who witnessed it or they told it to and who would be willing to talk to police.... put out the word, it will get around fast. And, you will have a couple who will come forward. Guaranteed. With kids, $100-$200 will get some talking.
    Prayers from Florida .

Man these punks are every where.

Hope he heals soon when he up to it get him some training.

These days I think every one is right he will have to watch his back .

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    I hope the cops get the guys before your brother-in-law does.
    Just what I was thinking.

Very sorry to hear about your BIL and I hope he heals up well!

When I was 21 I was at a friend's gf's house where we had a small party and 2 guys came just looking for trouble. It almost turned into an all out brawl with wine and beer bottles as weapons but thankfully we got them out w/ only the gf getting punched once. The worst part about it is that the police stopped their car but let them go because the driver's uncle was a Sgt and the PD refused to pursue it despite 2 guys at the party being sober EMT & FF.

That's harsh, I hope for a speedy recovery and that this lesson is taken to heart. Why don't you use the under age drinking against some of the party goer's as leverage to push the kids to rat on the two offender's? People facing personal loss will give someone else up in a heartbeat.

if he was carrying a gun and opened fire on them while they were jumping him i wonder if that would of landed him a charge and jail time. I hear that even if you are being mugged or robbed by multiple people you cannot draw your weapon because it has to be only of equal force. Is this true? meaning if they do not have a knife or gun you cannot pull either on them.

Quote Originally Posted by defensive007 View Post
    if he was carrying a gun and opened fire on them while they were jumping him i wonder if that would of landed him a charge and jail time. I hear that even if you are being mugged or robbed by multiple people you cannot draw your weapon because it has to be only of equal force. Is this true? meaning if they do not have a knife or gun you cannot pull either on them.
    You might find some research on "disparity of force" beneficial.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    That's harsh, I hope for a speedy recovery and that this lesson is taken to heart. Why don't you use the under age drinking against some of the party goer's as leverage to push the kids to rat on the two offender's? People facing personal loss will give someone else up in a heartbeat.
    I would like to but it's all on the investigators to do this. From what I understand almost all witnesses are denying it happened or that they were even there because they don't want to get in trouble and are afraid of the main attacker. If the cops lean on them then we might get somewhere, but until you take a few of them downtown in handcuffs they won't say a thing.

The investigator did say that they are looking into some security footage of a nearby store where many of the witnesses said they were that night. When the tapes come back with them lying I hope he can put some pressure on them.

This is incorrect. When you reasonably believe you are threatened with death or serious bodily injury you may use deadly force. Multiple attackers are a consideration a jury will determine on whether deadly force was reasonably justified.

Based on what happened to my brother in law, he was pretty much out cold on the first "hit" which we believe was done by a bottle. Taking this into consideration with the fact that there were multiple attackers (and a potential weapon) I believe he would have been justified in using deadly force. I can tell you this, if I had driven up during the attack, and they were beating on him when he was unconscious, I would have drawn my weapon to defend him.

Update

- Still waiting on the investigators... :(

very touchy subject....Think twice before you even draw to avoid a SUE!!

Quote Originally Posted by defensive007 View Post
    very touchy subject....Think twice before you even draw to avoid a SUE!!
    Very true. I of course have hindsight to know the full extent of the matter now, but at the time I would think he is just getting beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Prayers from Florida .

Man these punks are every where.

Hope he heals soon when he up to it get him some training.

These days I think every one is right he will have to watch his back .
    It can be life changing to people's thought processes, some times negatively and other positively... let's hope his is to get training and take a positive approach.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links