Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad

This is a discussion on Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Posting this more to vent than anything so thanks for listening. Long story short my brother in law's step-sister was having a party at her ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad

Brother-In-Law got messed up really bad

Posting this more to vent than anything so thanks for listening.

Long story short my brother in law's step-sister was having a party at her Dad's house. The sister is underage and had a very young crowd over. My brother in law arrived and basically told everyone they had to leave because they were drinking and underage and the cops were on their way. Two guys get smart with my him and make comments. He basically exacerbated the situation by asking them why they were trying to get with younger girls and told them they had to leave. (These guys are like 19).

So after this he heads out to water the horses and as he is walking away they jump him and knock him unconscious. We think it may have been a bottle or another object that did him in but who knows. The doctor believes they used a weapon. As he is out cold they proceed to stomp his guts out. His nose is shattered in 14 places and his eye is swollen shut. I think maybe even a cracked eye socket. They left him for dead and bailed. He woke up and was able to get help but he was in awful shape. He had plastic surgery yesterday for the nose so we'll see how that goes. He is on vicadin and morphine and can't sleep because his pain is so bad.

All of the kids at the party aren't talking and no arrests have been made. The responding officer botched the police report so we have gotten that amended. It's a total nightmare. Every day that goes by without an arrest is making me more nervous.

Also, we have the names of the guys who did this so I looked them up on facebook and myspace. The primary attacker is 6'2" 205 pounds. My brother in law never had a chance (he is 40lbs lighter with no training). The attackers are adding friends and posting like nothing happened. I hope my sister pursues this to the end (criminally and civily). I am praying the cops do there job on this one. Probable cause is a pretty low standard to make an arrest...

I guess the moral is never turn your back.

Thoughts? Thanks for listening.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

2. Remove Ads

wow. man i am so sorry this has happened to you and your family and brother in law. i hope that justice is served, and he sues the living piss out of those kids, and also they go to jail for a very long time. i've heard of cases similar to this happening in texas, and sure enough eventually the cops find the guys who did it, bring 'em in, and in a few months they are behind bars for several years, convicted fellons who will never vote again, nor get any decent type of job.

So sad, my prayers go out to your family. It is really frightening because this can happen to anyone at any moment. No matter how prepared we are if a mob jumps you from behind you little chance. Cowards, should post their names, not really might get you in trouble. Hope for a speedy recovery.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Sorry this happened man. Hope for a speedy recovery. Make sure he learns from this for the best.

God speed on a recovery
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

There is no way I'm having words with a couple of punks and then walking around in condition white.As far as the stepdaughter,I had onea those that thought she could do anything she wanted,and her Mom was spineless,I had enough and I got rid of both of them.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There is only so much you can do. Sorry it worked out this way, I hope he recovers....The good in me says, let the PD do there jobs, The Devil in me wants to tell you to have a black ops party. You make the call, I know what I would do...
    paullie likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Sorry this happened.Never turn your back,violence is never fair.Punks like this are all over,they will hit you and leave you for dead.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Damn, sorry to hear what happend. Hopefully the attackers will get cocky and start braggin and posting it to their FB. My hope is justice will be served
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by xXMens ReaXx View Post
    He is on vicadin and morphine and can't sleep because his pain is so bad.
    He needs to talk to his doc/nurse about better meds or start using the magic button more. There's no reason his pain shouldn't be controlled.

Hope the agencies involved are able to prosecute. Somebody is bound to let something slip.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

dukalmighty

There is no way I'm having words with a couple of punks and then walking around in condition white.As far as the stepdaughter,I had onea those that thought she could do anything she wanted,and her Mom was spineless,I had enough and I got rid of both of them.
    I know right? The attacker has at least 40lbs on my brother in law to begin with, let alone turning his back. My brother in law had actually walked back from the bar (within walking distance to his Dad's house) and had about 5-6 beers himself before it happened so I am told. He definetly wasn't thinking clearly, and I am sure this didn't help the situation.

Just a crazy world we live in. The you can't tell me to leave I will wreck your life attitude.

Thanks for the support everyone, this is such a great forum.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

I'm sorry he was so severely injured and hope he makes a full recovery and the punks get what is coming to them.

Possibly he was too nice/naive a young man to realize that when you step on a snake, expect it to bite.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I have a question, this seems a bit strange to me a bit about this part.

He told them to leave and that the cops were comeing did he wait for them all to leave befor walking out or did he walk out while the party was still being held? Did he just try and kick out the 19 yr olds (this is how I read it) since there were younger people?

Also did he drink at the party while others were there or by himself?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Damn, sorry to hear what happend. Hopefully the attackers will get cocky and start braggin and posting it to their FB. My hope is justice will be served
    Sounds like an opportunity to do a little trolling.
    Ianator likes this.

I hope the cops get the guys before your brother-in-law does.
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I get disgusted when I read about incidents like these. I hope that your brother in law will sue them for all they've got and that the police arrests them soon and charges them for aggravated assault, which can get them at least 2 - 3 years in prison. I hate cowards!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links