Wisconsin Fair Scenario

Wisconsin Fair Scenario

This is a discussion on Wisconsin Fair Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You may have heard of the recent beatings that were taking place when people were leaving the WI fairgrounds. People were being attacked, pulled out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wisconsin Fair Scenario

Wisconsin Fair Scenario

You may have heard of the recent beatings that were taking place when people were leaving the WI fairgrounds. People were being attacked, pulled out of cars, and off of motorcycles and beaten. So, you are a fairgoer and you are walking out of the fairgrounds to get to your car. You see this situation start to unfold or perhaps you are already in your car. You are armed as always. What do you do?
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Honestly I don't know what I woulda done. What did the armed people who were actually there do?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Honestly I don't know what I woulda done. What did the armed people who were actually there do?
    There were no armed victims there--just attackers. The Wisconsin State Fair is a gun-free zone.

Believe me, even large groups of people will get out of the way when you stomp on the gas.
    640girl and JDE101 like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankWSweet View Post
    There were no armed victims there--just attackers. The Wisconsin State Fair is a gun-free zone.
    okay, okay, now I get the scene. I'm the only illegally armed person in the area seeing a bunch of strangers being beaten. Now that makes it a tough call. Draw down and go to jail, fire at somebody and go to prision and lose everything I've got or ever wanted to have, or run like hell to get away from the area and hope they don't catch me.

Yep, that's a toughie. I'll hang up and listen.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

If I was pulled or knocked down on my its on

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I mentioned this in the thread of the original report, I'm getting a 4oz. can of Sabre Red Magnum for the car. I'd be deploying from the sunroof if the crowd started descending on my vehicle. The can would have enough for about 30-45 seconds of fogging.

Anyone who persists would be drawn upon or likely would become fodder for my tire treads. I'd have to believe that I would be in fear of great bodily harm in a mob scene like that.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    You may have heard of the recent beatings that were taking place when people were leaving the WI fairgrounds. People were being attacked, pulled out of cars, and off of motorcycles and beaten. So, you are a fairgoer and you are walking out of the fairgrounds to get to your car. You see this situation start to unfold or perhaps you are already in your car. You are armed as always. What do you do?
    You cannot carry in WI. But let’s say you are at “Your” State Fair where you can carry. You see what is going on to others and they start to head your way, they are coming after you next. Or you are in your car and they start pounding on it to get at you and anyone else in the car.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

another good reason to keep a can of wasp spray next to the drivers seat. Crack the window and spray like hell!

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    You cannot carry in WI. But let’s say you are at “Your” State Fair where you can carry. You see what is going on to others and they start to head your way, they are coming after you next. Or you are in your car and they start pounding on it to get at you and anyone else in the car.

Since when did pounding on a car stop it from moving? If some BG want to try and step in the way and stop it (sorry) Me and mine are gone once in the car. In this case I would rather run than fight.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

If you are in your car, it is the best means of protecting yourself. But, if you've gotten pinned in by surrounding cars and can't maneuver whatsoever, you may have to employ other defensive measures.

I have no respect for the mob mentality and anyone who has willingly joined in the fray may have to deal with the consequences of bad choices.
    carverelli likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    If you are in your car, it is the best means of protecting yourself. But, if you've gotten pinned in by surrounding cars and can't maneuver whatsoever, you may have to employ other defensive measures.

I have no respect for the mob mentality and anyone who has willingly joined in the fray may have to deal with the consequences of bad choices.
    I don't see that being the case in a parking lot at a state fair. Unless the mob is using cars to trap people. But be that the case and car will not or can not be moved. You are inside they are outside, you a safer stay inside than getting out. So until they violate the safety the car gives I do nothing. Once that safety is no longer there it is time for some venting of the windows (that means they will not break the windows I will). I don't look for very many to stay around to violate my safety afterwards.

This could be a good reason to have ear plugs inside car.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I like the words

I'd rather be judged by 12 Than carried by 6.

In a gun free zone we all know who has the guns. Usually me and the BG. At this point, after I alleviate the BG of his life sources. it come down to the court up public opinion. I think here in KS I will do just fine.

Fairs seem to attract a very high percentage of "undesirables". I have noticed that at our own county fair, which will start again very soon. We usually go every day and see different things. I will be armed, of course, but don't expect trouble.

There are lots of LEOs there, and the wife and I don't plan to stay until midnite, when it ends each day. We always get there early and get a decent parking place.

I don't know if we will go to the state fair. That is in a month. It is not a gun-free zone, so there will be lots of concealed people there.

Alrighty, I'll play. At my vehicle after leaving the fairgrounds and seeing a mob deliver indiscriment beatdowns, damaging whatever they can, etc. Unarmed, I'm hearding the family in the car and moving. I wouldn't expect having much room to meaunever around, but I'd do what I could...... Fleeing the scene on foot wouldn't be an option with my wife and daughters and young son.

Armed, I'd still have to get the family in the car, but, to 'thwart' any thug(s) from endangering my family I'd have my wife and kids 'hold their ears'.

Understand, the LAST thing I wanna do is be in that situation and have to engage anybody with my car, gun, whatever. The potential to hit an innocent bystander is too great.

The big can of OC or wasp spray sounds like the right idea to clear the area. Either way, people, whoever they are, will move outta the way of my 4X4.......or get run over.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links