Security alarm goes off at 1:00 am, show up OC'ing

This is a discussion on Security alarm goes off at 1:00 am, show up OC'ing within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We got a call from the security company about an hour ago saying they detected movement and forced entry inside our business. We speed up ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By trainercb
  • 1 Post By smolck
  • 2 Post By trainercb

Thread: Security alarm goes off at 1:00 am, show up OC'ing

We got a call from the security company about an hour ago saying they detected movement and forced entry inside our business. We speed up and when we get there, there are 2 LEO's outside. Me and my father walk up to them and my dad had his Taurus on his hip. All the cop said was "came prepared, huh?" =)

Great LEO around here. They drew their Glocks, cleared the premises, shook our hands and left. Everything was completely fine. We inspected the building and found 2 bird feathers smashed and stuck to the window. Maybe a bird was hitting the bottle and Flying Under the Influence and triggered the pressure alarms in the windows? Glad everything was fine.
    DamnitBob and nerdyvirgin like this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

You travel light, if I was heading to a possible frorced entry into my business,I'd have at least a shotgun along with my handgun and very likely an AR15 just in case it got exciting
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Most LEO's in the South are great to deal with. Most all of them respect our rights to defend our property and family. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
    TN_Mike likes this.

yeah, they were very nice. glad to have that and not Ohio police.
    TN_Mike and canav844 like this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    yeah, they were very nice. glad to have that and not Ohio police.
    Yep, it has always been my experience that the LEO's in the South are much better attitude wise towards civilian carry than the ones up farther North....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Don't those birds know it's 8 hours bottle to throttle?

Glad it was nothing serious, make sure you're still prepared next time (with an alarm system there is always a next time)

Glock Certified Armorer

VIP Member
    I agree, most LEO (regardless of where) have no problem with civilians lawfully carrying. In fact the only one I have ever had to deal with that was truly and elitist, anti civilian gun ownership mindset, is my own brother. Not surprising, he's retired LEO from Illinois. We've had some heated discussions on civilian carry over the years when visiting our parents in Indiana.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

yeah, its obviously a huge responsibility, but the bad guys will have them regardless of an LEO's attitude. Why not respect the CCW holders for living a legal, responsible, law-abiding lifestyle that is mandatory to have the permit instead of hastling. But I do 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% respect, honor, and understand a conscientious and careful police officer and I will comply and completely obey their authority.
    -George Washington

Sponsored Links