Is this only a Florida thing

This is a discussion on Is this only a Florida thing within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some a board know I am a life long Florida Boy . I am just asking are we down here just getting a bad ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Is this only a Florida thing

As some a board know I am a life long Florida Boy .

I am just asking are we down here just getting a bad name with all the trash latley ??

Dougherty Gang

We had a waitress shot at a drive in Atm this week she will be Ok .

But it seemes more often where seeing more and more violence with firearms .

There has allways been trash in this state but in my now 50 years here its much worse daily .

Stay safe and armed

There's bad everywhere and it's increasing everywhere. And I do not believe we are even close to as bad as it going to are could get. I really hate saying that and I want to believe there is good in everyone but I know better than to believe it. We could name 100 things that cause the problems and still not even scratch the surface so I'll just blame (insert your own tag here)______________________.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    its a everywhere thing...and the news is down playing it

we are in the midst of a ....something kind of social break down where the police concentrate on arresting this who outwardly have the where withall to pay into the system--hire lawyers, while
    not spending much energy arresting, or even trying to catch those who terrorize the streets with drive-bys and open acts of violence; they cost the system money. the social services that cater to the inner city criminals is overwhelmed. in years gone past it was a cash cow that those in power created a justice system that feed on the misery of the poor--more agencies to help those who were deemed needy by those who had the power--and political backing to foist upon the taxpayer social engineering

we are now at a crises where the money is not flowing any longer. do we pay pensions or do we fund services? best is to enforce laws and collect fines from those who can afford it.
    and let the animals run free--so long as they only beat each other to a pulp. only when they venture into the suburbs is the news forced to report an 'event' about that which 'doesn't happen in this quite area'

ramble off
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Florida seems to have more than its share of crime nowadays. I moved from Orlando back to TN in 1976 and haven't regretted it for a minute.
    TN_Mike likes this.

VIP Member
    I believe we have a new generation of dirt bag coming of age, that is a step lower than previous.

I can speculate why, but that is not really relevant to my observation, and changes nothing.

FLA may way be ahead of the curve, or it's just that you aren't seeing reports from other places, violent criminals seem to be everywhere these days and things aren't going to be getting any better because of the lack of opportunities for the uneducated youngsters to make an honest living.

I could get into a huge political rant but I bet y'all know where I would take it.
    The best thing people like us can do is train, train and train some more in order to be prepared for the worst, while I hope the worst will never happen the training will pay off it it ever does.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    They're putting something in the oranges down there...

I'm sure it doesn't help that it's a entrance to the country & a tourist draw. More people, more problems.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

As a born and raised Floridian that's exactly why I no longer live there. Moved about 10 years ago and haven't found a thing since that was worth going back for.

Criminals like nice weather too.

Florida is also the land of opportunity and criminals like opportunity. People go to Florida to retire (old, vulnerable people who can be conned). People also vacation in Florida and it's not all family vacations in Disney theme parks. They let their hair down and do naughty things that they would rather the folks back in Peoria not hear about, so they are good marks for the criminal element also. And then you have the wealthy in and around Palm Beach. Even the white collar Bernie Madoff type criminal will follow the money. While crime is also happening in other parts of the country, Florida has a lot going for it, if you're a criminal.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

GM
    Florida is not a very safe place, and South Florida is very bad. Yes, firearms laws in Florida are pretty good, but that is about it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    FLA may way be ahead of the curve, or it's just that you aren't seeing reports from other places, violent criminals seem to be everywhere these days and things aren't going to be getting any better because of the lack of opportunities for the uneducated youngsters to make an honest living.

I could get into a huge political rant but I bet y'all know where I would take it.
    The best thing people like us can do is train, train and train some more in order to be prepared for the worst, while I hope the worst will never happen the training will pay off it it ever does.
    Well said

And to your avatar " Yes We Have "

heat - economy - too many mental institutions have been closed - and too many idiots who are lazy and feel entitled.

It's "everywhere" , although OHIO has seemed to be having more than it's fair share lately.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    It's not only Florida, it's everywhere. I fear we have only seen the tip of the iceberg. As our economy declines, crime will increase. The worse the economy becomes, the worse the crime and violence will become. If the economy should collapse (God forbid) we will be in a state of total anarchy. It will truly be dog-eat-dog. The law enforcement community will not be able to handle it, and I seriously doubt that the military would be able to combat the wave of crime and violence we would be facing.The armed citizenry will be it's own and only means of protection. Scary, and IMO not that far off. Hope I'm wrong...
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There are dirtbags all over FL, just like all over the country.
    Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Actually based on the information available that I have looked at, crime has continued on a downward trend over the past 2 decades.

Of course I say this as I look at the 2010 ratings that show our metro area being in the top 10 highest crime areas for the country.

You folks in Florida are going to have to get a grip on your retired population and get them back to work or something so they will stop committing all the crimes down there. The economy must be heck on the folks with a fixed income.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links