Flash Mobs

This is a discussion on Flash Mobs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What would you do if confronted by a "Flash Mob" like what happened in Philly and Wisconsin. Would you use lethal force to defend yourself ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Flash Mobs

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

Flash Mobs

What would you do if confronted by a "Flash Mob" like what happened in Philly and Wisconsin. Would you use lethal force to defend yourself and your loved ones?. I would,what`s your take on this up and coming subject. it`l be everywhere shortly.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    My thoughts on this subject go along with this article by Gabe Suarez. Just know that what ever happens only you will be there to protect you and yours. Worry about what comes later "LATER" staying alive is your first worry. If you are dead no one of power or authority will care.

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - The Flash Mob Attack - How To Defend?
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

The primary determinant in the level of force projected is the level of threat presented.
    357and40, Bark'n, 640girl and 5 others like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    My thoughts on this subject go along with this article by Gabe Suarez. Just know that what ever happens only you will be there to protect you and yours. Worry about what comes later "LATER" staying alive is your first worry. If you are dead no one of power or authority will care.

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - The Flash Mob Attack - How To Defend?
    Gabe has always hit the nail on the head..

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    my answer is based on the following

--wife is with me
    --violence has occurred in my vicinity; bats, knives with or without gunfire
    --there is no avenue of escape for wife & I
    --i have my 642; reasonable for deep concealed to a sporting event or a fair

I likely will grab a skinny long haired active participant and as i am closing my grip on his hair i am going to fire one round into another participant's belly
    next to him and than hold his head back and stuff the gun in his mouth. i am fairly certain, in fact--i am betting our lives on the fact that he is going to convince his
    'friends' to give us safe passage to the edge of the mob activities.

of course this is just a mental exercise cause things like this do not happen in America.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Claude,
    While I like it, I see a potential problem. That is relying on any level of 'friendship' in this type of mob. I prefer that they all feel like they may be the next target.

Guantes, I agree I see no or very little friendship among those in the mob. The fear you need to project is "will I be next" if you fail at that you lose.

or That's the way I see it.
    tcox4freedom and jem102 like this.

When you have a mob that will assault another in the same mob just to get a piece of looted goods there is no honor among thieves. Best plan I've heard so far is to leave by what ever means and direction that you can. One armed person is not going to dissuade a large group of attackers that have the mob mentality. It's like ants taking down a buffalo.

Best you can hope for is to not be interesting enough to draw the focus and if you're unlucky enough to not be able to do this, be deadly enough that the mass may think twice.
    bigdog44, garyacman and JoeTiger like this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Claude,
    While I like it, I see a potential problem. That is relying on any level of 'friendship' in this type of mob. I prefer that they all feel like they may be the next target.
    that is why i got the attention of those near me by shooting someone near to us.
    a follow-up shot is probably to be needed and will go into the belly of any angry face that makes as to threaten me.

though this is a do-or-die situtation, i am shooting them in the belly-- they are an example to others near by of my wrath and determination
    they will also be taken out of the action but still be doctorable.
    ya, most probably two would have to be shot
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

That oughta do.
    RugerMike likes this.

Claude, I notice you posted "--i have my 642; reasonable for deep concealed to a sporting event or a fair""

This is not a slam against you as I feel everyone has the right to carry what they see fits the need. So with that I feel this is a time for having the most ammo one can carry in one package. I see the having to reload to be a killer. (of me)

First thoughts:

I carry, in either of my carry guns, 13 rounds. Loaded up and one extra mag. Do I have enough ammo?
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Wife and I both CC and she is as good or better shot than me, and neither of us would hesitate to use deadly force if needed for personal defense,

Two are better than one and in the case of other armed citizens being present could make a big difference in a real hurry.

If mob starts to kill rob and rape then it is really time to stand you ground and defend the weak and small ones around you.

If you have a truck or car long gun with you, say a 870 or M4 etc, it will make an impact just by the sight of it in the hands of a determined person with others to cover his back and flanks.

Think pioneers and Indians with small children in center of circle and guards with best firepower on the edge to defend until mob is pasted by or disposed of.

Check your state laws about long guns in cars etc, Texas has no law on books about long guns in car that I know of, so in Texas you can have a good deal of fire power with you secured but accessible in a hurry.

Dealing with aftermath of such a act could be a problem but being a dead and letting your love ones be victims also is no good either, I would think being judged by 12 is better than being carried by six.

Don't start it but fight back and win with any thing you have to fight with, no regrets as to actions taken.
    garyacman likes this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    First thoughts:

I carry, in either of my carry guns, 13 rounds. Loaded up and one extra mag. Do I have enough ammo?
    That really depends..Lets do the math...100 people in the flash mob (wisconsin Example) you have 26 rounds. With the rounds that you have you should be able to get out, but if the entire mob were to come after you, then no.

Having dealt with at least one of these, I don't see that happening. There aren't that many kamikazes around.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links