Standing in line at the bank

This is a discussion on Standing in line at the bank within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a real case of late nite's scenario of standing in line at CVS. >>>teller shot<<< For the purposes of this scenario: THE NEXT ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Standing in line at the bank

This is a real case of late nite's scenario of standing in line at CVS.

>>>teller shot<<<

For the purposes of this scenario:

THE NEXT TIME HE ROBS A BANK, YOU ARE THERE, RECOGNIZE HIM FROM SURVEILLANCE VIDEO, AND...

You are standing at one of the little desks with the chained down pens filling out your deposit slip.
    You are at his 4 oclock about 30 degrees off his strong side, and 10 feet behind.

You see the man pull the gun.

What is your course of action from that point on?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Bang. .45acp going his way.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    If he pulls a gun, I think he plans to use it on someone, and I'm making sure it's not me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

More details would be nice. Location of other persons, especially the intervening face of the clock between his 12 o'clock and me at his 4 o'clock.

I would rather not get shot, or get anyone else shot.

My first thought is as follows, if it is clear between his 12 and me. Take a knee behind the desk, for the cover/concealment it might provide and line up the shot. Yell "Hey" with an uncomplimentary remark attached. As he turns, along with his muzzle hopefully, taking it off the teller, take the upward angle shot(s).
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Its show time

Address, Assess, Aim, Bang Corbon Dpx

If he wasn't taking note of me and there was an easy way out, I'm gone. I'll be outside calling 911 and being a good witness. if he makes me part of the action then I have no choice, game on
    JNC likes this.

I am not usually one to stand around and watch someone get shot if I can help it.

That being said, I always check as I enter the bank to see if there is an armed guard present. One thing I don't want is me taking out a BG and then take one in the chest from the guard. No guard, all bets are off.

I am not fond of being at 4:00, too risky. I would much prefer more out of peripheral view. Judging from the picture, I'm not sure I would notice the gun. If I am at 4:00 and the gun goes off, I would return fire until the threat was over, even if it took all 17 rounds.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    For me I'm looking around to see how many more people are in the bank and determine if any of the others maybe a buddy of his. If his buddy sees me draw he might take me out before I can get a shot off. As another poster said, Be a good witness.
    SCGunLover1

Can't carry firearms in banks in Missouri so I do not go inside... I use drive up tellers and ATMs....
    noway2 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    This is a real case of late nite's scenario of standing in line at CVS.

>>>teller shot<<<

For the purposes of this scenario:

THE NEXT TIME HE ROBS A BANK, YOU ARE THERE, RECOGNIZE HIM FROM SURVEILLANCE VIDEO, AND...

You are standing at one of the little desks with the chained down pens filling out your deposit slip.
    You are at his 4 oclock about 30 degrees off his strong side, and 10 feet behind.

You see the man pull the gun.

What is your course of action from that point on?
    With everyone nitpicking every little detail about the last (CVS) thread because each person read into it differently, makes it kind of hard to comment without someone else viewing it as the wrong thing to do. People see it differently, have different abilities and have various levels in perceiving threats as reaching "go time."

Example: glockman10mm, while he had a thoughtful scenario of possibly disarming the guy if it presented itself, probably wouldn't go over so well with a 5'2" fraile female who also had a CCW.

Things to come here: "Is the gun real?" Some will assume yes, some will take the time to try and figure it out as the robbery moves on. Then the next hypothetical will be argued.

It's hard for me to go on without some sarcasm kicking in, but it's not regarding anyone's answers here or in the CVS scene. My sarcasm would come from people not taking into account that a snippet of written hypothetical is very hard to be seen the same by all. All are offering up their best guess and input from what they see. But then, others will comment in amazement of their actions. Namely OP of CVS.

Sorry, rant off now but just a reminder to take into consideration that from a snippet, none of us see it the same.

So, for this post, my answer is, BANG! "Call 911!" Then my right to remain silent would kick in from there. And in court, what would be explained is what I saw, felt and feared when I was placed in that position in greater detail than a picture and short, "what if..."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

one misconception I've seen over and over is this toy gun thing. If a guy presents a gun or something that remotely resembles a gun I am reacting like it is real and we'll sort it out later. if you hesitate it could be a very costly error and if it was a toy, oh well he shouldn't have brought a toy to a gun fight
    Tzadik likes this.

I personally would kill the guy, but that would make me a vigilante according to many here....the most important question is:
    WWCBD?

we will NEVER forget....

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Can't carry firearms in banks in Missouri so I do not go inside... I use drive up tellers and ATMs....
    My understanding on banks in MO unless they are Federal owned you can carry as long as the bank doesn't post them.
    DirkD likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

get direct deposit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links