Who Will Die First When The "S" Hits The Fan??? ~ & Other Helpful Information

Who Will Die First When The "S" Hits The Fan??? ~ & Other Helpful Information

This is a discussion on Who Will Die First When The "S" Hits The Fan??? ~ & Other Helpful Information within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Vids By The Patriot Nurse . She has about 36 Vids Total On YouTube. I have not had the time to watch all of them. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Who Will Die First When The "S" Hits The Fan??? ~ & Other Helpful Information

Administrator

Question Who Will Die First When The "S" Hits The Fan??? ~ & Other Helpful Information

Vids By The Patriot Nurse.

She has about 36 Vids Total On YouTube.

I have not had the time to watch all of them. It's my busiest time of the year.

Here (below) are the ones that I have watched so far.

Feel free to add any other Patriot Nurse Vids into this thread if you feel that they have worth and/or merit.

She is a quite bright, logical, female with good common sense & rational thought processes & I'm positive that she must be a highly qualified & very dedicated nurse. Her thinking (in general) is certainly in survival mode.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks for posting...Should be some interesting viewing...
    QKShooter likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Administrator
    She seems to really have her head screwed on extremely straight.

I am not diabetic so one question that I have so far is the mention of how important it is for diabetics to store insulin but then in a follow-up Vid - one of the drugs that does not store well very long after the Expiration date is insulin.

So I guess the answer for diabetic forum members would be to always stay a few months ahead with your existing supply while times are good.
    Well, as good as times are these days anyway.

The million dollar question is....

How does one acquire a stockpile of prescription medications (antibiotics and others mentioned) legally?

Good vids. I chose a long time ago to keep my own body's immune system healthy by avoiding as much as possible Rx antibiotics, and willingly subjecting myself to foods that most would not eat (leftovers - if it aint fuzzy, and still tastes mostly like it did when it was fresh, I'll eat it - bachelor diet).

Same way with minor flesh wounds. I don't run for the alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, let alone soap and water. I may rinse it off, but otherwise an absorbent material and athletic tape, leave it on till it falls off, and monitor for infection (swelling, tenderness, telltale red streak) address as needed. As a blue collar, flesh wounds are just hazards of the job. I know when I need stitches/stupid glue for a cut/tear.

Interesting vid not posted on gunshot wound first aid, but in a SHTF situation, its likely that medical facilities are not exactly going to be an option for followup treatment. Grim, but one should prepare themselves that if you or someone close to you gets a torso shot, they're done. Even a limb shot is not a guaranteed survival, but better odds. Arterial or shattered bone, not much you can do.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Another thing that I did not now about until recently (Always pay attention to the old people when you are BSing with them!!!). Silver (yes, the bright shiny metal) can be used as a broad spectrum antibiotic and antimicrobial for a lot of the items Patriot Nurse talked about.

Look it up.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

This woman is absoloutly, unquestionably, and without a doubt BRILLIANT!!!!
    Obviously dedicated to her calling (Nursing). She is truely a patriot in that she share's her golden nuggets with anyone who is interested. This is what Nurses are supposed to be.
    I cant say enough good about her, and her mission.
    Add another to my personal list of real world hero's.
    WOW!
    QKShooter likes this.

Thanks for sharing! I have never seen this before!
    QKShooter likes this.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

It's killing me that she looks just like an ex and that the guy in the gunshot wound vid looks just like my brother.

VIP Member
    Good info in those videos. Thanks for the post.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I used to do exactly that also but, not any more.
    Not now that it has become so much easier to get infected with the extremely antibiotic resistant flesh eating bacteria.
    The mutated super bugs that can spread through the body and can kill an adult within a few days.
    They are so antibiotic resistant that the only "cure" is to surgically remove all of your subcutaneous tissue and leave you filleted open like a fish to the air & you never completely get rid of it.
    I know a person that got it from a small football cleat puncture wound and ended up with his entire leg filleted open and scraped out.
    You should care for and treat even minor wounds these days AKA forcing puncture wounds to bleed & Soap, Water, Alcohol, Iodine, Peroxide, triple antibiotic, whatever you have available for cuts...etc.

"Same way with minor flesh wounds. I don't run for the alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, let alone soap and water. I may rinse it off, but otherwise an absorbent material and athletic tape, leave it on till it falls off, and monitor for infection (swelling, tenderness, telltale red streak) address as needed. As a blue collar, flesh wounds are just hazards of the job. I know when I need stitches/stupid glue for a cut/tear."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I might just be lucky, might have a stronger than normal immune system. May even be the region that I live, population and genetic makeup thereof, altitude, environmental conditions - humidity, avg. temps and peaks - which should be noted as a personal risk factor for contagions and planning - that I have the mostly scar tissue hands, forearms, only 1 unblemished fingerprint and nothing more (looks creepy when cold - poor circulation).
    Sticks

See also Sheep

I'd say this gal is a whackadoodle. A psycho. Fully-blown looney-toons.

For one thing, she keeps talking about being quick, running for it, "getting out." Which begs the question as to whether there would be some viable place to run toward.

Logic suggests that any safe place, that's defendable with adequate supplies of food, water and power, will be occupied and well defended by the time you show up. You'll drive up to a roadblock bristling with rifles pointed in your face.

She also disparages the "public housing/government assistance" types. In other words, black people. This point is arguable. Look at her home; bet ya there are granite countertops in that kitchen. Now, the ghetto folks have been living their entire lives in virtual combat zones. Nurse Nutzo says, "the druggies will be coming for you." Well, in the inner city, that's daily life. That's happening right now.

The druggies and thieves and predators are constantly trying to take everything you possess. So these people are actually quite experienced in living in lawless survival mode. They call it "daily life." And, I would argue, the government does not allow people to freeload at will. Since the Clinton years, the safety net is pretty much gone. Anybody out there reading this, have you tried to get on disability or similar? Workman's comp? If you did, you ran face-first into a solid brick wall.

So these folks are actually pretty savvy at working their personal networks and dealing with the stresses of working multiple minimum-wage jobs. And a lot of them have guns.

I think the first wave of fatalities is going to include a lot of people like Nurse Nitnoid, who probably doesn't play well with others. If we get into serious survival mode, your best odds will be in numbers. You'll want to be in a crew with distributed talents and resources. The engineer, the medic, the architect and the carpenter. The farmer, the livestock pro, and the electrician. These people will be insanely useful.

But Nurse Nightmare sees it as a "you're on your own" kind of deal. High-tailing for who-knows-where with your firearms in your SUV. Anybody tries that, they're going down inside a week. As many members here have mentioned before: Your best defense is to be prosperous and live in a good, cohesive community with strong capital and firm social mores. Live next door to people who won't shoot you.

Then there's her tirade against "neohippies and yuppies." Class-envy much? She sets up a mythical starry-eyed type who would be easy fodder for the mob. In fact, these kinds of people tend to be educated and they are effective at cooperating with others. They tend to be adaptable, flexible thinkers. They know how to form communes and distribute resources effectively.
    Pretty much the opposite of the red-faced, steak-bloated guy in a crew-cut who drives a Hummer and cuts you off in traffic, which seems to be Nurse Friendly's idea of the ultimate survival machine. In fact, if you do study the literature on urban survival and apocalyptic planning, she's wrong in almost every regard. Being aggressive and opinionated and chest-thumping about your gun ownership is no substitute for clear thinking.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    This--"I think the first wave of fatalities is going to include a lot of people like Nurse Nitnoid, who probably doesn't play well with others. If we get into serious survival mode, your best odds will be in numbers. You'll want to be in a crew with distributed talents and resources. The engineer, the medic, the architect and the carpenter. The farmer, the livestock pro, and the electrician. These people will be insanely useful."

The numbers might be family. It might come from close friends. But no one is going to get much staying power out of being a loner.

As for medical preparedness, 1) it is almost impossible in a prescription needed society; 2) most folks haven't got the slightest idea what to do with basic OTC medicines let alone prescription ones. And most have zero realistic experience or training in even the rudimentary aspects of first aid.

Now, see my new signature line.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Administrator
    As with any & all information posted on Internet forums feel free to disregard anything that you don't personally agree with and feel free (also) to post your counter-arguments as you have already done.

However you are "reading" some things into her vids that are just not there. I don't think that she is saying that everybody must arbitrarily move but, that the extremely obese must try hard to lose weight & get themselves into a physical condition that they will be able to move should the need arise.
    OK...there WAS some video drama added there but, I cannot disagree with that.

I think she made it a point to leave "race" out of the public assistance/ govt. assistance statements. She has not singled out "black people" - not at all. And as to your point that ghetto folks are surviving their environment as "daily life" - no they are not surviving they are dying at incredible rates as victims of violent crime.
    The druggies, thieves, and predators, HAVE already moved into areas that they never frequented before and her point is that will certainly radically increase rather than decrease.

Your comment about her probable "granite counter tops" suggests a bit of class envy on your part or at least I could make the exact same type of false "class envy" argument based on your post.

HUH? Have you checked the actual numbers of Americans who are receiving some sort of Govt assistance these days? The numbers are astronomical.

Some of your points are valid and are worthy of serious consideration but, I think you're being overly critical since none of us know what the exact scenario of a future SHTF will be.

I want to process as much of all information that is available now so that I'll have a mental repository of it available for future use.

Administrator
    I should add as a general FYI that some of the very best survival "mindset" is gathering up what you can "in the positive" rather than picking nits in the negative.

In other words..."Hey - I disagree with nearly everything that this individual has said with regard to her personal vision of what a SHTF scenario will be like...BUT, I just learned that the antibiotic CIPRO has a 15 year shelf life after the Expiration date & that I absolutely need to really increase my intake of Vitamin D should the environment be more prone to spreading upper respiratory infection."

Try to file away the useful, good stuff & commit it to memory.
    oneshot and Censored like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links